Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Things arent so great today

erykah1310
January 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
We all went out for play time in the field a few hours ago, everything was fine. Just a few minutes ago Puppy had to go back out to do his buisness, so. Ilet him out... He started barking so weird after about 2 minutes out side and when i went to see what was up, he was sitting in the snow, crying ( wimpering) I had to get a blanket and help him to walk into the house again. He couldnt do it on his own, although he had gotten out there fine ( little shaky but nothing out of the ordinary) he needed me to support his weight on the way in.:sad: I think the dreaded time is fast approching for sweet Puppy.:sad:

heidiho
January 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Does that mean what i think it does??:sad: :sad: I dont think i know his story but am sorry if it does mean that...........

CyberKitten
January 19th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Oh dear! Sorry to hear your news! Any word on your missing kitty?

heidiho
January 19th, 2007, 05:35 PM
did i miss something ??the kitten is missing

phoenix
January 19th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Heidi, her cat Fuzz went missing.

Oh poor Puppy. I hope that it was just a slip or something.

heidiho
January 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Oh wow i am sorry about that,i didnt read that on this thread must have missed it.....:fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :pray:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Erykah I hope she is okay - lets hope its just a slip and nothing too serious. Keep us posted. :fingerscr :grouphug:

jiorji
January 19th, 2007, 06:21 PM
poor Puppy :sad:

Hunter's_owner
January 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Oh Erykah, I hope it is nothing serious:fingerscr
:grouphug: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Prin
January 19th, 2007, 08:18 PM
:goodvibes: :grouphug: Hope he was just cold...:grouphug:

Rottielover
January 19th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I am so sorry puppy is not doing well. Just remember we are all here for you:grouphug:

Frenchy
January 19th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Erykah, I had to help Bailey one morning this week, it was very cold. You know how older dogs are, maybe it just wasn't a good morning for Puppy. Maybe he will feel better tomorrow. :fingerscr

technodoll
January 19th, 2007, 10:53 PM
big healing :grouphug: for puppy, from the gang here... i too hope it was just a temporary upset. he's still way too young to go :sad: but only you and your vet can assess his quality of life at this point. please keep us posted. :pray:

Tommysmom
January 19th, 2007, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry, Erykah... things seem to be so tough for you lately:sad: ... I hope he gets better really soon and was just having a bad snow day.:grouphug:

erykah1310
January 19th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks everyone. I too hope that its just a sign of his age and a temporary one at that. But Im gonna be keeping a watchful eye on him for the next while, basically assess his quality of life. The last thing i want to do is say the last " Cya later " to him.:sad: but if he keeps having this sorta thing happen to him, its just not fair to him...

He's still really really stiff and needs some assistance getting up and walking around. He has little strength in his legs as of right now.:sad: We took a peek into the "Puppy" account to make sure that everything would be covered incase. If he's not better this week I think im going to call vet out here. Get a professional opinion on the situation.( not our usual vet, but the local guy who does the farm work, already have "arrangements" made with them for this. It was all set up last winter... they are going to come here and do it when its time:sad: )

And as for Fuzz... :sad: still nothing either. Just a rough patch we are hitting I guess:shrug:

mummummum
January 20th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Jeepers Erykah, nothing quite like a double whammy is there ?:grouphug:

How is Puppy today? I don't mean to pry but, is there anything we can suggest (or try in our sometimes ham-handed way) to be helpful in aiding his mobility and improving his quality of life?

:grouphug: kiddo. Old age is not very forgiving at the best of times.

erykah1310
January 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM
He doesnt want to go out AT ALL today.. He's just been laying in his bed, wagging his stubby, but the big guy has to pee :shrug: I tried coaxing him up, but he just looks at me all silly like and wags his stubby:shrug:
Im gonna try to get him up in a bit and see how hard of a time he has, then go out with him , and bring him right back in.

:fingerscr he's just being a goof

I don't mean to pry but, is there anything we can suggest (or try in our sometimes ham-handed way) to be helpful in aiding his mobility and improving his quality of life?

Im at a loss on other things to try with him.... all in all his quality of life and love of life is still there but if he cant walk... who am I to make him live like that.:sad: I thought about a doggie wheel chair:shrug: on monday im gonna call his vet and see what they think of that... just to help him on days like this, but again, who am I to drag the innevitable out with him.:sad:
He's still so young, but had so many issues right off the bat when i got him, when i took him in, the promise i made him was " Im gonna make sure you have the best few years possible" and he has since hes been here.

:fingerscr he gets up in a bit and has a relatively easy time with his duties:fingerscr

Inisfad
January 20th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Sorry Erykah to hear all your news. It always seems that when it rains it pours, and with a situation like Puppy, you're just never sure if you're doing the right thing. It's always hard to figure out if your thoughts are for your pet or for yourself. I didn't hear any of the background regarding Puppy, and when I first read your thread I thought that maybe it was just the cold snow on his paws, or arthritis that feels worse due to damp and cold. Having no background, I don't know the situation, but want to tell you that I had a friend back home who had a dog from the pound who had been hit by a car in the rear and was paralyzed there, and scooted around in a 'wheelchair' for years. It just supported his hind 2 legs, took him a while to get used to, but he was happy as Larry with it (that's an expression here) when he finally got used to it. If things aren't life threatening, there are always other options that can be tried first. I feel for you and hope that things brighten up for you soon, that Fuzz returns, you find a good option for Puppy, and life becomes kind once again.:pray:

Prin
January 20th, 2007, 12:29 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm so sorry Erykah. I hope he perks up.

cpietra16
January 20th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Puppy...hope it turns out ok, and Fuzz comes back:o

Shamrock
January 20th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this, Erykah.:sad:
You've sure had your share of stress and worry with your pets recently.:grouphug:
My best wishes and positive thoughts for both of your precious ones.:candle:
I hope Puppy will be ok, and Fuzz will be found.:goodvibes::fingerscr

erykah1310
January 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Well he got up...:thumbs up really really slow moving, but was alright on the whole outing.
He's back in the house laying down and munching on his snack.
I think im really going to consider a wheel chair for him. For damp or "bad" days...:shrug:
However, have to get him in soon and get him checked out and professionally assesed. I dont want him to suffer, he's to great of a dog for that.
I'll let everyone know when he goes in ( sometime next week for sure) and what the vet thinks.
Thanks for the good vibes everyone!

twisten
January 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Erykah, I don't intend this to be meant as prying, but how old is Puppy and what are his health issues? I'm terribly sorry to hear of all the problems you are having right now and hope they turn around for the positive for you and your pets.:angel:

Prin
January 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: I'm glad he got up. I bet you're definitely giving him hugs every chance you get, eh? :o :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Frenchy
January 20th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Erykah, have you heard about this product ? https://canadiangoldens.com/catalog/ (syn-flex)

Lukka'sma
January 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM
So sorry to hear about Puppy. Hope you have loads of time left with him. Slow and steady wins the race!

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Erykah, I just read this thread now and I'm very sorry to hear about Puppy. :sad: :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Puppy isn't feeling the best, erykah! :grouphug: The Pack are crossing their paws in hopes he'll rally. Maybe it's just a weather-related thing...or he just 'overdid' playing in the snow the day before? :fingerscr

TeriM
January 21st, 2007, 12:30 AM
Awww, fingers and paws crossed that this is just a short term issue for Puppy :lovestruck: .

erykah1310
January 21st, 2007, 01:01 PM
Erykah, I don't intend this to be meant as prying, but how old is Puppy and what are his health issues? I'm terribly sorry to hear of all the problems you are having right now and hope they turn around for the positive for you and your pets.:angel:

I got him from an elderly man who was afraid to pass on and his "Puppy" not have a good home. He was 230lbs when i got him, after his first vet visit ( while i had him) he was diagnosed with hip displaysia and arthritis. Put him on rimadyl and daily glucosamine/msm and condrotin pills, as well as a DIET!!! He now is down to approx 150 ish lbs but the damage from his obesity has taken its toll.
He no longer takes his glucose/msm and condroitin as much with his new raw diet and had shown some great improvement, he even managed to build a bit more muscle in his rear legs.
I cant really think of anything else about Puppy's story, right now anyway. But im gonna search around for all links related to him.

Erykah, have you heard about this product ? https://canadiangoldens.com/catalog/ (syn-flex)
Yesterday 05:28 PM

I havent heard of it no... thanks for the link, im gonna look into it.!:thumbs up

Today he seems alright, but he has been outside for minimal amounts of time since the other day. He gets very very cold really fast now:shrug:

twisten
January 21st, 2007, 02:47 PM
I have arthritis and some days are good and some are horrible. Hopefully, Puppy was just having a bad arthritis day. I know how painful they can be, as I'm sure many more on here can attest to also. I see you have him on the raw diet. I'm considering changing to that also.:sorry: So sorry for the threadjacking!!