January 18th, 2007, 10:51 AM
you're so mean! LOL hahaha
omg and the googly eyed "monkey" man who kept talking like a thug?? hahaha

and "red" :laughing: :laughing:

ok that's mean to laugh:frustrated:

:laughing:

technodoll
the whole show was so painful, i often had to MUTE the sound so my eardrums wouldn't shred :eek: is it me, or is the talent so far super-sucky this year? :confused: and why do they let such obvious losers go on and on and on wailing in front of the camera, why do they even get past the first level of the audition? i know it's for "tv drama" but it's really too much... used to be more balanced with GOOD stories. hmmm. :rolleyes:

happycats
OMG......The daughter really needed a bra!!!:eek: holy cow!!

Question? What's with parents today?
Why the heck aren't parents honest with there kids!!??
Not just that one, but look haw many of those kids who were bad singers, whose parents were there for support!!
Geez, couldn't they have told their kids they had no talent, instead of letting them make fools of themselves in front of the whole world!!!??

jiorji
January 18th, 2007, 10:52 AM
i've always wondered too. They DO get judged before they go on to Simon. WEird.

But well it's the media and they choose who is entertaining for the show, even if you're bad

Mahealani770
January 18th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by: Happycats
OMG......The daughter really needed a bra!!! holy cow!!

Jeezus, the utters on that gal were gynormously disgusting! WTH? Why would her mother let her come on national TV like that?? All that boobage swinging around and hangin down to her damn belly button! Come on!

Mahealani770
January 18th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: Happycats
Question? What's with parents today?
Why the heck aren't parents honest with there kids!!??
Not just that one, but look haw many of those kids who were bad singers, whose parents were there for support!!
Geez, couldn't they have told their kids they had no talent, instead of letting them make fools of themselves in front of the whole world!!!??

I'll tell you where this comes from. This is a result of people LYING to their friends, family, and children. Perfect example..I have a friend who thinks he can dance is a$$ off...why does he think this? Because my other friends have been LYING to him for YEARS, telling him that he can dance! It's not right people! Don't do this to your friends! Be honest with them. Because when this dude gets up to dance, he looks like he's having a seizure. He makes the rest of the white boys look bad. It's terrible :eek: I get so embarrassed for him that I want to fade away into the couch when he does this. If I knew him "like that" I'd tell him..but he's more of an acquaintance and I don't want to hurt his feelings. He really thinks he can tear up the dance floor :shrug:

technodoll
January 18th, 2007, 03:05 PM
and what about that girl who looked sunburnt? with red nylon thingie on her ginormous flabby arms and bloated legs? why was she flapping them around like that, looked like blubber trying to take off? :confused: totally horrific and it made me nauseous, even before she opened her mouth. no, really, you have to ask...

"what were they thinking?" :eek:

Mahealani770
January 18th, 2007, 03:07 PM
And one more thing...these people really think they can sing! They can't hear how bad they are. It seems impossible that they themselves or their friends and/or family can't hear just how bad they are...but I think it has to do with my last post. Nobody wants to be honest and tell their loved ones that they shouldn't EVER sing in public. EVER.

The first 2 years it was funny. Now it's just annoying!

Mahealani770
January 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM
LMAO @ TD..omg..I think I peed a little bit on that one Techno. Before I run down the hall to the little girl's room...I'm with you on the blubber. I was yelling at the TV, "Stop waving your arms! Keep that stuff still!"
WTH was she thinking? Her ridiculously large legs with the little black pumps on her feet looked like 2 upside down pyramids trying to balance on their point. Come on!

technodoll
January 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM
he he he! i was thinking "oh my lord, she should be featured on "what not to wear" !!! :D

Byrd
January 18th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Common now, you can't forget "rat boy" the guy with the pointy teeth in front and the big bulging eyes ("Unchained Melody"). He really did look like a rat. Scary. :eek:

Another fave was "The Hotness" as she referred to herself. Those lips and eyebrows. :yuck:

Mother and daughter cracked me up, how can two women look so awefully alike?

technodoll
January 18th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Mother and daughter cracked me up, how can two women look so awefully alike?

mmm let's see... the mother had fun with her brother at age 13 and gave birth to that daughter? :eek: :clown: :footinmouth:

happycats
January 18th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Jeezus, the utters on that gal were gynormously disgusting! WTH? Why would her mother let her come on national TV like that?? All that boobage swinging around and hangin down to her damn belly button! Come on!

LMAO!!!!:laughing: I just spit out my pop reading this!!

technodoll
January 18th, 2007, 08:33 PM
happycats, then you would have choked seeing the footage on tv :laughing: :D :yuck:

happycats
January 18th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'll tell you where this comes from. This is a result of people LYING to their friends, family, and children. Perfect example..I have a friend who thinks he can dance is a$$ off...why does he think this? Because my other friends have been LYING to him for YEARS, telling him that he can dance! It's not right people! Don't do this to your friends! Be honest with them. Because when this dude gets up to dance, he looks like he's having a seizure. He makes the rest of the white boys look bad. It's terrible :eek: I get so embarrassed for him that I want to fade away into the couch when he does this. If I knew him "like that" I'd tell him..but he's more of an acquaintance and I don't want to hurt his feelings. He really thinks he can tear up the dance floor :shrug:

How the heck do they think their kids/friends feel now that they have made a total a$$ of themselves on national tv!!! They must be peeeeed, or at least loose trust no:shrug:
I don't know, but I grew up (and am trying to raise my son this way) to be honest. (except for santa:o )!! It can be done in a kind way.
I firmly believe that's why we have so many troubled youth today... their parents treat them like:king: :queen: and tell them the sun shines out their a$$, and they can do no wrong, then they enter the REAL world where their just another person.
Keep it real!!

Sorry for going off topic:o

This season looks pretty entertaining to say the least.
I liked the brother from the brother and sister that came together ( I forget their names, they looked of east indian decent). He was adorable and had a really nice voice.

happycats
January 18th, 2007, 08:44 PM
happycats, then you would have choked seeing the footage on tv :laughing: :D :yuck:

Oh I saw it all right!!!:yuck: They reminded my of a pair of wrecking balls, swinging around like that (I'm sure she could have injured somone, if they had of got to close) !!:eek:

Byrd
January 18th, 2007, 09:37 PM
mmm let's see... the mother had fun with her brother at age 13 and gave birth to that daughter? :eek: :clown: :footinmouth:

:eek:

Yeah, those babies sure did swing!!!!

I just love the ones that think they can sing and are horrible, like 'Red'.

Prin
January 18th, 2007, 10:02 PM
They were saying today that the show has gotten exceptionally cruel... IMO, that's what the business is about. They're not playing it up for tv... I mean, maybe they are, but they're like that anyway, without trying..:D

There's a fine line between giving your kid false self esteem and taking all their self esteem away though...:o

jiorji
January 18th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I thought the were way nicer than last season. I haven't heard Simon say "sweetheart" so many times EVER!

but some people really do ask for it. I mean come on....the red head guy??? LOL who is he kidding?

DO you guys remember that show a few years ago that was looking for the world's WORST singer?? and they were telling everybody that they were doing a spin off of AMerican Idol and they were lieing to them and the ppl chosen were all the worst singers?? :eek:

erykah1310
January 18th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Seriously , I havent watched since Reuben and Clay... I really think they should just let the whole thing go.... I mean, really how many american/canadian idols are really heard of after the show:shrug: I think the american/canadian and all other idols, should just stop already. But thats my opinion.:shrug:

jiorji
January 18th, 2007, 11:24 PM
it's not about the idol, it's about giving someone (who otehrwise can't get an agent to get a career) a chance to be heard :)

Prin
January 18th, 2007, 11:27 PM
The first Idol was picked for the right reasons: looks :D Then people decided to get less shallow and pick the good singer, and look what happens? They don't buy their records and they fade away. Famous people are good looking for a reason...

It also helped that Kelly fired the Idol agents and found her own...;)

jiorji
January 18th, 2007, 11:31 PM
yeah but Kelly was the first and she's not "hollywood pretty" so i disagree :cool:

and she wouldn't have gotten a chance had Idol not started.

Prin
January 18th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Not hollywood pretty but way prettier than any subsequent finalists... Her and Justin, Ruben and Clay... Dramatic difference... :shrug:

technodoll
January 18th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Clay is actually everywhere :D working hard on his career and making a name for himself. i guess ruben didn't have the same drive :shrug: apparently fantasia does alot of MTV stuff... they're more popular in the states than anywhere else.. except for kelly and clay of course :)

Prin
January 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I think the Canadian Idols get more radio play here than the American ones, too... :shrug:

erykah1310
January 18th, 2007, 11:51 PM
I have XM satellite radio and it is on all the time ( now that i found it again :rolleyes: ) and I rarely hear any idols:shrug:

jiorji
January 18th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I think the Canadian Idols get more radio play here than the American ones, too... :shrug:

yeah like that stupid "punk" band with that annoying guy...ooohh what's the band called? I think the frontman was on Canadian Idol.....it's a one word band name.....

........t doesn't matter i can't remember

Hunter's_owner
January 19th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I think the band's name is Hedley...is that the one you are talking about:shrug: I don't know the guys name, just know that he was on Canadian Idol.

chico2
January 19th, 2007, 08:50 AM
I must admit,I have all of Clay Aikens Cd's...LOVE his voice!
Judging by the new AI,Seattle must have a awful lot of weird,ugly people:D see why I love animals!!
Seriously though,this is all for showbusiness,people like to see this sort of thing(not me!)I guess it makes for a good laugh.
I watch AI once they are down to about 30 people and to be honest with you,I actually like Simon:yell: after all he brought us Il Divo:lovestruck:

Mahealani770
January 19th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Hey! There's a Canadian Idol??? Why can't we see it?? I had no idea!! Not fair!

Originally posted by: Happycats
Oh I saw it all right!!! They reminded my of a pair of wrecking balls, swinging around like that (I'm sure she could have injured somone, if they had of got to close) !!

HAHAHA...I spit my coffee all over the place on this one! Thanks Happy! lol

4thedogs
January 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
The Idols who end up with a successful career are the ones who produce music for their first album that is popular at the time. The ones who don't are the ones who choose to sing something that people are not interested in. They may have a career but never get close to global success. Kelly fit right in to the norm.
These people may win because we like their voice but if we don't like their music it doesn't matter how good their voice is.

jiorji
January 19th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Hey! There's a Canadian Idol???

there's even Australian Idol and UK i think.

chico2
January 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM
and France,Norway,not sure about Sweden but probably there too and some other countries...VERY popular show!!

Prin
January 19th, 2007, 03:19 PM
There's even a Canadian deal or no deal now.:rolleyes:

I just wish there was a Canadian Amazing Race...:fingerscr

chico2
January 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
No Canadian TV could afford the Amazing Race,not a world-wide race anyway,most Canadian anything is done on the cheap,unfortunately:mad:
Amazing Race is definetly my favourite,anybody know when it will be back???

brandynva
January 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I think Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are the two most famous personally.

I adored Chris Daughtry from last season and will most likely wind up with his album. I really like his style and voice. :lovestruck:

chico2
January 19th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Clay Aiken actually has a great fan-base,with his touring etc,he has made hinself a few million:thumbs up
Unfortunately he seems to be getting nothing but bad press,I am not sure why,in my view whether he is gay or not,really is nobodys business,has nothing to do with his singing.
I too,although I am up there in age,loved Chris and and the other one(forgot his name)with the cute smile,his name sounded greek,wish I could remember:confused:

brandynva
January 19th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Constantine Maroulis?

rainbow
January 19th, 2007, 07:28 PM
What about Jennifer Hudson? She was on the third season of American Idol and just won a Golden Globe. :cool:

The guy with the band Hedley is Jacob Hoggard. He was on season three of Canadian Idol and I liked him and really wanted him to win. I haven't heard any of his songs with his new band though. :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedley_(band)

I also like Simon Cowell. :D

Prin
January 19th, 2007, 09:08 PM
No Canadian TV could afford the Amazing Race,not a world-wide race anyway,most Canadian anything is done on the cheap,unfortunately:mad:
Amazing Race is definetly my favourite,anybody know when it will be back???

Feb 18th... http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race11/

technodoll
January 19th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Constantine Maroulis?

yeah, him! i'll never forget his awesome rendition of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" :lovestruck:

Byrd
January 20th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Listen to CHUM FM (104.5 Toronto) and you will hear all the Idol winners and runner ups. Even Kimberley Locke has a song out.

Hedley sings a wonderful song called Trip. Download it. :lovestruck:

chico2
January 20th, 2007, 09:23 AM
YES Constantine,I thought he was great,a real charmer with a great voice!!!
Prin thank's FEB 18 is now crossed on my calendar!!

Prin
January 20th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I'm sure you'll see a pajillion ads between now and then that you'll remember the date forever. "Feb 18th? Ahh, yes, that was the day the Amazing race started back in 2007." :D