Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I got mad at him.

erykah1310
January 17th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I think with all the frustration with Fuzz being missing, im a bit on edge.
Bailey was just chewing on the door frame(the trims) and I snapped and "yelled" to stop him. I was far from him when i raised my voice and he literally dropped to the ground, started shaking and crying...:sad: now i feel so bad. Idont know what he has been through before and obviously he was not corrected from bad behavior in a positive matter. ( much like i just did to him:sad: ) My heart is broken because of my reaction and his to my "anger".
How can I fix the situation now:shrug: I really scared him.
Man i feel horrible.:sad:

jessi76
January 17th, 2007, 03:49 PM
don't beat yourself up about it. we all have bad days. we all have moments we're not proud of. My best advice is to have some special time together, whether it's a walk, playtime, or snuggle time - just have some quality time enjoying each other's company. dogs live in the moment, so I don't think Bailey is dwellng on it.

w/ fuzz being MIA still, it's completely understandable you're a bit stressed out.

erykah1310
January 17th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Im so at wits end... Fuzz missing, Mia went into heat yesterday so that is annoying me unbelievably ( dont worry all, shes booked for next wednesday for her spay, 7 days of this sad meowling:sad: and no males are intact in here so there isnt any chance of "oopses") and Bailey chewing like that just topped it off for me.

He's on the couch now, with his squeeky toy that he stole from Puppy. He seems to have fogiven me already. I just feel like crap.:sad:

Prin
January 17th, 2007, 04:23 PM
don't beat yourself up about it. we all have bad days. we all have moments we're not proud of. I agree. We're only human.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

jiorji
January 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Mia went into heat yesterday so that is annoying me unbelievably ( dont worry all, shes booked for next wednesday for her spay, 7 days of this sad meowling:sad:

omg!! female cat in heat *starts shaking and twitching*

poor erykah. I hope Fuzz returns and that the heat isn't going to add up stress

erykah1310
January 17th, 2007, 04:49 PM
omg!! female cat in heat *starts shaking and twitching*

poor erykah. I hope Fuzz returns and that the heat isn't going to add up stress

Primarily ... its just plain annoying, but also... its sad to see. She rolls around in such a " suductive" manner... I dont understand how people can watch this happen through out the whole cats life.:shrug:
Wish the spay would have been for last week:o

jiorji
January 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM
erm....there's ways to help a cat get over her heat. It involved a q-tip and umm.........well you get the idea :o :yuck:

when i read that i thought "i'll stick with the meowing thank you!"

erykah1310
January 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM
umm, nope, thats alright:o I have read that and heard of it too, but... nope... will not do it:o

rainbow
January 17th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with jessi76 and just give Bailey some extra loving. He'll soon "forgive" you. :grouphug:

Inisfad
January 18th, 2007, 09:57 AM
That's the great thing about dogs. We can make these little human mistakes with them, and they may get confused or upset for a moment, and then they forgive and forget! He's probably forgotten already. After all, you're only human

Frenchy
January 18th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Don't beat yourself up Erykah , those things happens when where under stress :shrug: Just give him extra hugs tonight :lovestruck: My Bailey is the same way. If I get mad at something (not at the dogs) he picks up on it and looks like a beaten dog. He probably was. So I do my best to be happy happy joy joy around him!

erykah1310
January 18th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I still feel kinda bad, but he doesnt hate me :D (thankfully) We had a good day today (all 5 of us) playing in the snow, then when it was time to come in, we had some serious snowball removal happening with Meik and Him and all was well....:o

Frenchy
January 18th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I still feel kinda bad, but he doesnt hate me :D (thankfully) We had a good day today (all 5 of us) playing in the snow, then when it was time to come in, we had some serious snowball removal happening with Meik and Him and all was well....:o

What a lucky bunch ! Wanna come to my place and dogsit ?

erykah1310
January 18th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Ohh for sure!!!:thumbs up
You gonna pay my trip:pray: :D

Frenchy
January 19th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Ohh for sure!!!:thumbs up
You gonna pay my trip:pray: :D

i can only pay in dog food. :p and a few Coors light !

erykah1310
January 19th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I'll take the Coors, but just donate the dog food for me k? lol