Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Majority of American women living without a husband

Rick C
January 16th, 2007, 12:16 PM
For what experts say is probably the first time, more American women are living without a husband than with one, according to a New York Times analysis of census results.

In 2005, 51 percent of women said they were living without a spouse, up from 35 percent in 1950 and 49 percent in 2000.

Coupled with the fact that in 2005 married couples became a minority of all American households for the first time, the trend could ultimately shape social and workplace policies, including the ways government and employers distribute benefits.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/16/us/16census.html?hp&ex=1169010000&en=47985bda8ea9f048&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Remember Gloria Steinem's famous "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle?"

I wonder if the headline should have been "Majority Of Men Live Without A Wife." :thumbs up . . . . or is that true since women outnumber men I think.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

technodoll
January 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM

guess they got tired of always replacing the toilet paper roll :D

Rick C
January 16th, 2007, 01:04 PM
guess they got tired of always replacing the toilet paper roll :D

Or men got tired of talking about their feelings when a good football game is on TV. :crazy:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
January 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Or women wanted to bring home the biggest paycheck in the house for a change...

technodoll
January 16th, 2007, 01:34 PM
he he! this thread could get nasty really fast :evil:

Frenchy
January 16th, 2007, 01:35 PM
I don't have time right now but I could make a list :D

Prin
January 16th, 2007, 02:22 PM
he he! this thread could get nasty really fast :evil:

lol I know... :o :evil:

Golden Girls
January 16th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Replied to a wrong thread sorry

erykah1310
January 16th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Gawd!!!! can u blame us!!!! :laughing:
Definately got tired of replacing tp roll!!!

Rick C
January 16th, 2007, 04:28 PM
I'd divorce myself from my fellow "mankind" if I find another public washroom toilet where some lad has taken a leak with the lid down . . . . . what the hell is wrong with you fellows?

It's moments like that which make it embarrassing to have a dangling thing.

Otherwise, I've got no problems associating myself with my team.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

jawert1
January 16th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Or men got tired of talking about their feelings when a good football game is on TV. :crazy:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Or women got tired of fighting over who had the better hockey team, the Flyers or the Rangers :D

heidiho
January 16th, 2007, 06:00 PM
A dangling thing,that is comical i love it........Here is how i see it,is marriage even a natural thing or is it something society told us we have to do?????I even think sometimes monogamy is for sure not natural,i mean yeah i am faithful,but to me it is just not natural to be one on one,especially for men,look in the wild not to many animals are one on one,except maybe penguins.Ok bottom line i would just like a nice diamond and i would be happy,i dont need the law to tell me i a m loved,i know i am........

jesse's mommy
January 16th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Or women got tired of fighting over who had the better hockey team, the Flyers or the Rangers :D

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!

Prin
January 16th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Um.. Maybe you wouldn't be so embarrassed, Rick, if you went into a ladies washroom... Ladies can be pretty gross. :o

Prin
January 17th, 2007, 02:26 AM

ooo OR maybe they got tired of waiting for the man to install a toilet, so they learned to do it on their own... :highfive: :highfive:

Lukka'sma
January 17th, 2007, 08:05 AM
[I]For what experts say is probably the first time, more American women are living without a husband than with one, according to a New York Times analysis of census result.

If I were a man this would make me very nervous.

technodoll
January 17th, 2007, 08:21 AM
are these divorce cases, or just-don't-want-to-get-married cases? :o

Kristin7
January 17th, 2007, 12:12 PM
I think it is all adult women, at least ones who were counted in the census. This would be divorced, widowed, never married and loving it, never married and hating it, women who prefer women, etc.

Good question about the men, I wonder what the stats are on that.