Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone here use e-bay?

joeysmama
January 16th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I feel really silly because one of my friends told me that e-bay is soooo easy to use and I'm having the hardest time.

Getting signed up was really easy. Listing items was really easy. But two of my items sold and I can't figure out how to get my money. I know I'm smarter than this but I must have some sort of mental block. I didn't have a pay pal account. I specified in my listing that I would accept money orders. And after they sold I even sent an e-mail to the first buyer asking for a money order.

They both paid with pay pal.

Ok then. I sign up with pay pal and go back to my info and it says that one payment has cleared and one hasn't. So I click on the one that has cleared "accept payment" and it shows the money is in my pay pal account.

So far it all seems so simple. But how do I get that money? Am I missing something? I have no idea how to get that money from Pay Pal to my pocket.

(Mods--I hope this is ok. I'm not knocking e-bay or pay pal. The problem clearly resides in my own limited brain power)

jiorji
January 16th, 2007, 12:43 PM
your money's there. You need to transfer it to your bank account. LOL it's not going to print out :p :rolleyes:

erykah1310
January 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Dont feel bad, im equally as baffled by the whole process as you are...:o I cant figure out how to get the money out of my bank account into paypal!!!! Prolly better that way.. wont spend too much:D

jiorji
January 16th, 2007, 12:52 PM
you have to sign up in paypal with your bank account #...your debit card. ANd THEN you transfer the money. It really is easy

joeysmama
January 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM
LOL, okay I figured that much out--after my distress call ! :o I have to just go back to pay pal and move it to my checking account right? One more question. It's okay to leave it there until have more? I have something like 50 dollars total and only 35 after I pay shipping. I'd like to wait until I have a bigger amount before I take it. Otherwise I'll just piddle it here and there, but if I have, say a hundred or two Ill actually pay a bill instead of spending it on lattes.

Thanks for the help.:D

x.l.r.8
January 16th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I always leave it in the paypal to pay for items I have brought (you will pay a fee to transfer to your bank account) and a lot of companys are now accepting paypal for payments, Petsmart definatly does and even a few utilities now accept it as payment. You can leave it in there indefinatly and also use it to pay for listing items on e-bay. I have to leave it in there as I would do exactly the same, when I was looking for a new snowboard I sold everything on ebay or made sure I got paid by paypal so I wouldn't be tempted to touch it.

jiorji
January 16th, 2007, 01:16 PM
paypal takes lots of taxes. If you transfer below $150, they take off 0.50 i think. Might be more. In any case, they shouldn't take YOUR money. So i usually transfer when it's over 150, mainly because when i transfer thousands :rolleyes: it looks like a nice monthly cheque deposit :D. Anything below $150 looks like crappy gov't money :yuck:

yeah thanks for that $50 from taxes mr. Harper. I'll be sure to buy something "nice" with it. :rolleyes:

LynLyn
January 16th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I used to work for PayPal. IMO I like to leave the money in my account, until there is a large amount of $$ and then transfer to my bank account. As said earlier, you will get pinged if you withdraw less than $150.00 Unless you are an american, then in that case withdrawing is free. If you have any issues with PayPal I can help you out. :thumbs up