Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I adopted your dog today

erykah1310
January 16th, 2007, 12:16 PM
I adopted your dog today , The one you left at the pound , The one you had for five years and bo longer wanted .

I adopted your dog today, Do you know hes lost weight ,Do you know hes scared and depressed and has lost his faith ?

I adopted your dog today , He has fleas and a cold, But dont worry none you've unburdened your load .

I adopted your dog today , Were you having a baby or moving away ? Did you suddenly develop allergies or was there no reason he couldn't stay .

I adopted your dog today , He dosen't play or eat much . Hes very depressed . But he will learn again to trust .

I adopted your dog today , And here he will stay , He's found his forever home . And a lap to lay .

I adopted your dog today . And i will give him all that he could need , patience, love , security and understanding . And hopefullt he will forget your selfish deed .

* Took from another forum, no author listed*

jiorji
January 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
.............ummm but he wasn't up for grabs...:confused: :rolleyes:

Prin
January 16th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Stupid Bo. Always dumping his dogs. I hate Bo. ;)

Inisfad
January 16th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Good article. I may make some enemies here, but I have long been of the opinion that anyone who wants a pet should only go to the pound and adopt one - not to breeders, pet stores, etc. I live by the beach where people seem to think is a good place to leave unwanted pets, and have actually seen them driving away while their dog races down the road yowling and trying to keep up. It's absolutely disgusting. A pet that you get from the pound will always remember that you saved it (unless of course it has been so abused that it has sever emotional issues) and will be a loyal friend for life.

happycats
January 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Good article. I may make some enemies here, but I have long been of the opinion that anyone who wants a pet should only go to the pound and adopt one - not to breeders, pet stores, etc. I live by the beach where people seem to think is a good place to leave unwanted pets, and have actually seen them driving away while their dog races down the road yowling and trying to keep up. It's absolutely disgusting. A pet that you get from the pound will always remember that you saved it (unless of course it has been so abused that it has sever emotional issues) and will be a loyal friend for life.

I totally agree!!!:thumbs up

Prin
January 16th, 2007, 03:19 PM
lol No enemies here... I think reputable breeders are ok, but finding one is so hard that you may as well wait for your dog to end up in rescue anyway.

LynLyn
January 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I agree completely. After all the dogs and cats have been rescued and shelters are no longer necessary, that's when I'll go elsewhere for a dog.

erykah1310
January 16th, 2007, 04:47 PM
As will I Lynlyn!
Only reason i will purchase from a breeder now is in the event I do follow through with my showing dreams. ;)

Golden Girls
January 16th, 2007, 04:52 PM
That is so sad :sad:

:highfive: Can't argue commen sense :thumbs up

Frenchy
January 16th, 2007, 08:18 PM

Couldn't agree more :thumbs up

rainbow
January 16th, 2007, 08:36 PM
That is so sad :sad:

:highfive: Can't argue commen sense :thumbs up

That is soooo true. I agree 100% :thumbs up

Dracko
January 16th, 2007, 11:10 PM
When I was 19 I got 2 kittens that were strays. They lived to be 17 and 18.

Another cat of mine who is 14 now, I got from the Humane Society. Her owners surrendered her cuz she was a "problem." This cat is the gentlest, calmest cat ever! NEVER had a problem with her.

My dog was born at the human society. His mother was dumped off and she was pregnant. He is a GSD, now 6 1/2.

My 1 year old came from the Humane Society 6 months ago. Was in a pet store still mourning over the loss of my 18 year old and I saw her. Fell in love.

My 6 month old kitten came from a farm where it was getting attacked by one of the dogs cuz it was so gentle and wouldn't fight back. He hangs out with my dog 24/7 and truly has NO aggressive bone in his body. The most adorable cat. All white with just a spot of grey on the top of his head.

I, too, would never dream of going to a breeder. There are millions of animals literally dying for homes in shelters and there are people breeding MORE animals to make money on. I just don't get it. Even if I wanted a certain breed, I'd put the word out to the shelters and wait for one. But, I'm not stuck on breeds. I see the animal and just fall in love.

Golden Girls
January 18th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Dracko: Thank you for reminding me why I love logging on to this site, what a wonderul post to read 1st thing :thumbs up
Even if I wanted a certain breed, I'd put the word out to the shelters and wait for one. But, I'm not stuck on breeds. I see the animal and just fall in love.Yep, that's how I got my lil Brandi :cloud9: and I agree on the breed thing. Imagine if animals became chosy depending solely on our nationality ;)

we3beagles
January 19th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I obviously needed a good cry. I am sobbing my guts out. That is how all my pups have felt. Poor babies. I have looked in a puppies eyes to see resentment and lack of faith in the human race. It is a horrible thing to see in a puppy. I see it a lot in all ages of dog too. My 12 year old Polly had obviously outlived her usefulness as a breeder and had gone deaf so out she went. It makes me sick the people who can throw their dog away because they have become a burden or useless. How do people not see the loving, loyal little companions they are. Polly follows me so close she bashes into the back of my legs if I stop suddenly. She never leaves my side.
Now people who look in my eyes see a lack of faith in the human race as well. Why aren't there more people like the ones on this board in the world.

Dracko
January 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
A hairdresser I went to for a many years used to breed Collies for show and to sell. Sitting in his chair one day he told me he put 2 young dogs down as one was eating feces and the other had a lazy eye. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The hairdresser next to us said, "I'd hate to be your kid."

I NEVER WENT BACK TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!