Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tragically Hip

Mocha's mum
January 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone. So, I went to the Hip concert lastnight...it was awesome :thumbs up I'm hooked on a song called "Fiddler's Green". I had no idea what it meant, and then I googled it.....jeez man, what a downer. :sad: It's about a young boy that dies.

According to wikipedia, Fiddler's Green is a nautical term for 'sailor heaven'. The sailor will carry an oar over their shoulder until someone asks him what he is carrying, and then he'll be able to carry on to fiddler's green (where the fiddles never stop, and the dancers never tire).

Nonetheless, it's a beautiful song that you should check out....even if you don't really like the Hip... :)

dogcatharmony
January 16th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I have been a fan of " The Hip" since they began. Awesome Canadian band. Fiddler's Green is actually a road in Hamilton Ontario that has a graveyard located there. I think it is Perkins Cemetary to be exact. I still like the song they wrote about my hometown Sault Ste Marie, it is about our city putting up a stink about bi-lingualism. the song is "Born In The Water" off their "Road Apples" album.

Rick C
January 16th, 2007, 09:57 AM
It seems like about 20 years ago I saw the Hip in a small bar in Calgary called The Old Scotch . . . . . but I've never forgotten the name of the warm-up band:

"Bruno Gerussi's Medallion."

I kid you not. They've obviously faded into history somewhere.

That was the night my friend and I were standing there minding our own business when these two foxy ladies were nearby, regrettably completely oblivious to our presence but talking about a tableful of apparently hunkier boys they'd collected when one said: "That's the way I like my men, all muscles and no brains."

I never forgot that either!!!! :laughing:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

erykah1310
January 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Iwant to see the Hip too.... They're coming here Jan 27th... I have been debating weather or not to go... I like floor tickets but there are none left :sad: I could sit in the VERY VERY far back, but thats where we were last time Def Leppard came, and it sucked...