Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thinking of taking Roxy to beach!! Bad idea??

heidiho
January 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Was thinking of taking her when we go next weekend,getting a leash and something we can stake into the sand,is this a bad idea??? Thought maybe she might like it,if not we take her right home.....

technodoll
January 15th, 2007, 04:05 PM
fleas love sand ;)

chico2
January 15th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Heidi,for a kitten,you have to have a harness,kittens can squirm out of just about anything.
I had a harness and a leash on Vinnie,when we first took him outside,he went ballistic at first,but at least he could not escape.It has to fit really snug.
TD is right,lots of fleas in the sand:eek:

heidiho
January 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM
that is all i need to hear,sorry rox,no can do,do not need flea problem...thought it night be fun because there are always a bunch of crabs in the sand she could mess with....oh well,she will have to stay home....

OntarioGreys
January 15th, 2007, 07:40 PM
also the sand can get very hot and burn the tender skin on her feet

jiorji
January 15th, 2007, 07:50 PM
that is all i need to hear,sorry rox,no can do,do not need flea problem...thought it night be fun because there are always a bunch of crabs in the sand she could mess with....oh well,she will have to stay home....

awww poor Roxy mommy said no :sad:
go ask daddy then! ;)

heidiho
January 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM
you crack me up,yeah it would be more hassle than it is worth,i thought it would probably be to hot for her,but was gonna get big umbrella and blanket,but the more i thnk about it the more it sounds ridicoulous,ok time to go home to my master.AlOHA!!!!!!!

Frenchy
January 15th, 2007, 08:02 PM
awwww (drooling right now) beach ......