Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ghosts

tarasmom
January 15th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Not sure if there is already a thread on this( couldnt find one at least) but I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.
A few weeks ago my sons dog (hound lab mix aged 5 months) was playing in my living room with my grandson when all of a sudden he stopped dead and started barking and growling at our ceiling. My grandson ( aged 2)also got a bit upset and kept saying, man on the roof, daddy man on the roof and pointed to the ceiling at the same sopt the dog was looking at.
Then last night my son took my dog (aged 6 months) to bed with him ( she usually sleeps in my bed,although has slept with my son many times) At 3 am she started growling heavily( she growls and barks when ever somone is at the door ect....) this woke my son, she then darted across his bed to the point closest to his door and then continued the growling and also peed, she didnt squat like normal, my son said it was like she was scared and just peed. She has never done this before and for the past month has not had any accidents in the house, has never peed on our bed and she sleeps in a bed with someone every night. At that hour its not likely someone would have been in the hallway and my son said he didnt hear anyone ( my son is 15 )
Any ideas? I am thinking ghost for sure.

Byrd
January 15th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Between the kid and the dog, for sure!

jiorji
January 15th, 2007, 02:18 PM
i 100% believe in that kind of stuff. Animals and kids are more open to feel this kind of energy and see ghosts. How old's your house? What do you know about it? ANyone die there?

(i love tracking ghosts:D )

when you take pictures in the house, do orb like round things appear? Those are spirits. Although, sometimes it can be dust, or flash reflection or camera lens malfunction. ....I watch "most Haunted" way too much :o and i LOVE it!:thumbs up

Inisfad
January 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Ooh, very interesting indeed. Would be good to know more about the history of your house and how long you live there, etc. When I first moved here, I used to hear a loud knocking at my front door. My dog heard it too, and would go to the door like someone was there. But there was never anyone there. After a while, the knocking stopped. I was never really afraid, as I didn't believe whatever it was, was going to hurt me. As a matter of background, my house is only about 60 years old, but about 20 years ago, the owner committed suicide in a shed about 30 feet from the house. I kind of believed she was trying to come back inside. I've had other, smaller experiences here too, but nothing quite as prominent as the knocking at the door.

jiorji
January 15th, 2007, 02:31 PM
oohhh that's freaky :D i love it!

I live in an apartment and this one time i was petting my cat and she suddenly turned up and started doing her attack sounds and she followed this "thing" with her eyes. My untrained eye saw nothing. THat continued for a while, and she'd get startled in the bathroom and when i'd leave the elevator button would turn on(it's the kind that lights up when you press it) by itself.

But alas, i made the ghost leave and nothing has happened since then :D

Contrary to Hollywood belief, ghosts can't really hurt you :rolleyes: . The most they can do is misplace objects and make sounds. They can't make you bleed ;) hehehe

tarasmom
January 15th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Our house is about 30 years old and we have lived there for the past 15. We have had other dogs before and never seen this behavior from them.
My grandmother passed away 15 years ago and I have aften felt her presence but usually in my bedroom( havent felt in a few years though,) and that doesnt explain my grandon saying a man on the roof.
It's very strange indeed.
Will definitely be watching both the dogs more closely from now on, thats for sure. Also of note, today my dog is more sucky than normal and also seems fearful ( although she does get occassional mood swings and has acted this way before for no apparent reason) I am wondering if it has something to do with last nights event.

jiorji
January 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
well if the ghost is still around, she may still feel it. The older dogs may not have been bothered as easily by things like that even if they did see/feel it.

Byrd
January 15th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I've had a lot of experiences with ghosts, in fact I've been told by several psychics and sensitives that I have to be really careful as they are attracted to my energy, I'm like velcro. They can't hurt you, but they can sure suck you dry!!!!

If the animal or child sees something, don't look directly at the spot, look with your peripheral, you may just see something.

tarasmom
January 15th, 2007, 02:50 PM
no one in our house is afraid, rather we find it exciting and very interesting.

Byrd
January 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Good. Yeah, I forgot to mention, if you run away or are afraid, they will follow and keep bugging, if you talk to them, or move closer to investigate, they are more likely to leave you alone.

Remember, earthbound spirits are basically people that don't know they're dead, or have unfinished business here. Sometimes, they just need explaination or some help.

Aimster
January 15th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I definitely believe that animals can see or sense spirits. My girlfriend has a friend who's dog barks at their fireplace mantel for no reason, we brought our dog over there last week and she barked at the same spot, it was creepy. The house is new, just built, so there's no history of the house but perhaps the ground that it was built on had something happen on it a long time ago. As well, our cat sometimes will just be sitting around and he'll all of a sudden turn and stare upwards at nothing at all, perhaps seeing something we don't. Interesting stuff!!!

OntarioGreys
January 15th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Dogs also have very sensitive hearing, could have been a squirrel or crow clawing or running on the roof

Frenchy
January 15th, 2007, 08:57 PM
REDRUM REDRUM ! Sorry , I couldn't help myself. :D Inisfad ; never invite me to your house ! :eek: I do love those stories, and if anyone would sense "their" presence more than us, it would certainly be our animals.

vfrohloff
January 16th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Yep, sounds like ghosts to me. I used to live in a house where I would hear footsteps coming from the spare bedroom, kind of like little kids jumping off the bed or something. A couple of times I caught the cats sitting in the doorway of the room with their heads going in circular motions, like they were watching someone run around the room in circles and they looked kind of scared, not like they were chasing flies or something. I brushed it off until I found out the house used to be an 1800's school house. Yikes! They've never done anything like that in our new house.

Skryker
January 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Ooh, so many stories! We have a really old house, and lots of weirdness happens here (but the dogs seem oblivious to most of it.) I think we have a child ghostie-I've seen it out of the corner of my eye, and stuff gets moved around, particularly in my daughter's room (although we found a scotch glass under our bed over the holidays. My husband couldn't find it in the cupboard at all, but a week later found it when he was looking for stray socks under the bed :confused: )

I have pics from upstairs with orbs in them, and some from down here but it really could be dust. I'm not sure. I'll have to post some pics later; they're all on the other computer. (My husband was just teasing me-"Oh look-you have the 17" monitor, but I've got all the pictures!" )

My husband just reminded me of other stuff that's happened, like a glass shade falling from the ceiling fan in the kitchen-it fell just after my husband had tightened all the shades since he'd noticed they were loose. When my Mom and Dad lived down here in the apartment we're in now, stuff fell off of shelves and the mantle frequently, as well as the dresser in the spare room (which is now my daughter's room). Both my Mom and I had to scold the prankster in the spare room after it kept unscrewing the knobs on the daybed (which drives my Dad nuts; he thought it was my sister's kids doing it until it kept happening after they left, and also one day when they were out. Both he and I tightened the knobs twice during the day. We only noticed because I was in the spare room talking to Dad and checked the knobs. When I had to re-screw them, Dad got kinda pale and told me that he'd done that after the kids left and no one had been in the room until just then. :D Dad doesn't want to be a believer). And we kept finding the items from the dresser on the far side of the room, like someone had swept the top of the dresser off. Pictures come off the walls even when no truck has just been by, the lights in the basement are often on when no-one's been down there....typical stuff, I guess, especially with a teen in the house.

It's mainly just annoying stuff, not malicious or anything. And I've felt our old Himalayan cat brush up against me since she died here, but that's a family ghost and OK.

gomez
January 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Gomez also runs around the house sometimes barking like mad - he goes from room to room barking at the top of the windows - or at corners, but alway up...

We live ina building form the 20's but other than his barking I have never seen anything....

jessi76
January 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I do believe in such things, however, I'm with OntarioGreys, I'd first put my money on critters in or on the house. my dog does this too... due to squirrels, mice and chipmunks scurrying around in the walls, floors, ceilings, etc... most times I can't even hear them, but the dog can.

Byrd
January 16th, 2007, 07:40 PM
But explain the kid saying that there was a man on the roof. :shrug:

Post, or send me, your orb pics, I'll tell you if they are real or not.

Stacer
January 16th, 2007, 08:23 PM
You should post the orbs here, I wanna see them too!:D

I've been on ghost walking tours in Dublin and in Charleston SC, I love them and always hope that I'll see something but so far I haven't. I wish I had some real ghost stories. I lived in a century home my entire life up until a couple years ago and we never really had any incidents that I can remember, we were always paranoid, but nothing ever happened :sad:

jiorji
January 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM
You know orbs dont' show up to everybody. My parents were in Spain and both took pictures on separate cameras of the same things and orbs only showed on my dad's camera. And he's got this one of him in this church of orbs that are perfectly alligned in a triangle shape around him:eek: so cool!

and there's no reflections there. Dark, old, haunted church :thumbs up

Byrd
January 16th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Coooool!

My niece was told by a psychic that a spirit kisses her goodnight each night. One night she was taking pics of herself in bed (just playing around with her new camera) and thought about the spirit and wondered what would show on the camera if she got her goodnight kiss, an orb showed up on her cheek in one of the pics.

My friend took this one in an old abandoned town in Hondures (sp?). I have been told though that it is just dust.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6382/orbsui5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jiorji
January 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM
i'd have to agree Byrd. That is just dust :o

Byrd
January 16th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Yup, but still kinda freaky.

A bunch of us were together around Christmas time and we took a pic and in the upper corner is the biggest brightest orb I have ever seen! We looked in the corner from the angle of the camera, etc, and there was absolutely nothing that could have caused it. I'm waiting for them to send me the pic, I will post it when I get it.

H.P.
January 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
At my old house, my power went out a lot, and every time, when the power came back on, all the light bulbs would be unscrewed. One night, I thought that Jo was jumping around on the bed, and I told her, "Jo let me sleep" and I heard "It's Jim" I think that I had accidentally brought him home with me after a visit to a grave yard, I had never made the connection until I got the name. I had visited an historic gravesite (there was a monument that I stopped to see, and it happened to be in the grave yard), and had been drawn to one particular headstone and brushed the leaves away, I was born on the occupant’s birthday and his name was James. The next day, I took flowers, and made a rubbing of the stone, and apparently made a friend, until I told him he needed to move on, I never heard from him after that.

To answer the question though, Jo :cat: never paid any attention to Jim. In my current house, I sometimes hear music, and figured it was just a hallucination (no neighbors close by) but Sydney :dog: hears it too!, so yeah, I would go with ghost.

jiorji
January 16th, 2007, 11:14 PM
oohhh goosebumps!

Have you guys seen "The Others"? that movie is AWESOME! I mean it's totally possible that ghosts don't always see us either.:eek:

Byrd
January 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Oooohhhh I love The Others!!!

Graveyards freak me out. I picked up something in one too, but it wasn't a good something.

Skryker
January 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I'm still on the wrong computer for the orb pics-and I can only find 2 after I looked (but with about 1000 photos on the computer, plus predigicam not scanned in pics, I haven't done a through look). I freely admit that it could well be dust, though.:o

Stacer
January 17th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I have some cool graveyard pics from a place called Glendalough (an old monestery in the Wicklow mountains near Dublin). I love old cemeteries, there's something about the old headstones that I find so peaceful. I also have a picture of St. Patrick's grave in Downpatrick, N. Ireland. I didn't feel anything while at either of these cemeteries. Not for lack of trying though, especially at the Downpatrick Cathedral where St. Patrick is. The cemetery behind the church is overgrown in spots and so very old, creepy. No one was around, so I was hoping to feel some sort of presence.

Here's the oldest celtic cross in the world (supposedly, or is it supposebly?)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/133445022_3c0c103570.jpg

Graveyard at Gendalough
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/133445020_4571494e43.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/360980701_4a1589e173.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/360980712_c37a9d5c08.jpg

And St. Patrick's Grave. Apparently his remains are really under this stone.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/360980714_d634ff0a00.jpg

Sorry for all the photos, I find cemeteries intriguing and it follows the ghostly vein of the thread.

jiorji
January 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM
i too love cemetaries :D

When I went to Paris i went to Pere Lachaise and Montmartre. It was really cool :D Oh and i wasn't the only one taking pictures :o But Pere Lachaise has some really odd headstones and most tombs(when i went) were cracked open and there's lots of cats. And they get scared if you go too close and they run in the open tombs. *shiver*

Skryker
January 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Ewwww! I hope that they are really old tombs, otherwise, how unsanitary!

Here's the pics that I could find with maybe orbs in them. The one is upstairs, my niece holding my pups; the other has one only orb, diagonally up on the right from Bronny's ear.

Tell me what you think-I was shocked at the pic of my niece.

Stacer
January 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
at Glendalough I had to maneouvre to make sure i didn't get other people in my shots. you can see my husband in the one photo though. People in cemetery pictures ruins the atmosphere of the photo.

Byrd
January 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
The second cemetary shot gave me the shivers for some reason.

As for the orb pics, mostly dust, but the one in front of your niece and the Bronny one may be real.

I just remembered that I have a few from Egypt.

At Luxor Temple (dust I think):

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6279/imgp3524up2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This is me with the future in-laws, there is one over mama's head and one over mine:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2437/imgp4005td9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

From the party we had the first time we went, for some reason they only appeared around this guy:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2788/april7party11tz2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

H.P.
January 17th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Byrd, that one with the in-laws to be is really cool I think they are orbs. It is a bit spooky though, the father in law to be looks just like a doctor I used to work with!

Byrd
January 17th, 2007, 08:31 PM
He looks familiar to me too, but I don't know where from (and don't say, "duh, he's your fiance's father!"). Some actor I think.

twisten
January 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Byrd, you've got my curiosity up. Tell us about the one in the graveyard that wasn't a 'good' one. Please, huh, please, please!!!

Byrd
January 19th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Oh, crap, that's a long winded story that a lot of people would scoff at me about. Believe me, it took a lot to get rid of that thing... some not so pleasant 'routines' that I'm not too proud about, but I feel quite a bit better since I did give him the boot. Can't go back into that cemetary again though, I made a promise.

Inisfad
January 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM
First, STacer, I really love those pictures. I live in rural Ireland, and have quite a few graveyards like that around me, with headstones going back to the 1600's. Actually, a lot of Donegal (where I live) feels that way, kind of ancient and magical, etc. Anyway, to put my 2 cents in about the orbs, having been kind of an amateur photographer, you would need a TON of dust for it to show up like that on your lens, as usually the light would refract around tiny dust spots on your lens to cause that effect. Water might show up something like those pictures, but it's unlikely your lens had so many drops of water on it. My dog was looking up at the ceiling last night for the longest time, following something that was moving. It turned out to be a cobweb. I was disappointed.

Stacer
January 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM
:sorry: :offtopic: Inisfad, My sister in law and husband lived in Dublin for 4 years and we visited, we did a tour of Northern Ireland and passed through Donegal. Every inch of Ireland is beautiful. We tried to get jobs there after our visit, but it didn't work out. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could find work in my area of expertise.

Here's a pic of my mom after a hard day of xmas baking. There's an orb above her to the left, just under the picture on the wall. Is it dust or a spirit?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/363691723_8d516e5ba8.jpg

Stacer
January 20th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Oh, crap, that's a long winded story that a lot of people would scoff at me about. Believe me, it took a lot to get rid of that thing... some not so pleasant 'routines' that I'm not too proud about, but I feel quite a bit better since I did give him the boot. Can't go back into that cemetary again though, I made a promise.

Now my curiousity is piqued. I promise I won't scoff.

tarasmom
January 21st, 2007, 01:53 AM
Holy cow!!!!
I sure did not expect this kind of response.
I really have not paid a whole lot of attention to pics till this post, then checked my digital files for fun and found 2 picks of my twins 19th bday, and there are 2 picks of one twin(tom) and in each there is an orb, both times, on his left shoulder. If I could figure out how to post the pics here (help please) I would post for you. How cool!

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Now my curiousity is piqued. I promise I won't scoff.

Okay, but I know that there are non-believers in the midst. This is something that really happened, and really made my life hell for 14 years. If you don't believe, then don't read, if you read and don't believe, well, I don't want to hear it. :p

All my life I have been surrounded by spirits. We had a little girl in our house when I was young who was my friend. My mom saw her, my sister saw her. She was real to me, so no one in my family scoffed the "it's an imaginary friend" thing to me because they knew that it was a spirit, and I was fine.

When I was 18 I went out with my boyfriend and another couple. We were telling ghost stories and they decided to go to the cemetary in Bowmanville at dusk. I didn't want to, but followed anyway. We were rounding one of the corners and there was a spot on the road that looked darker than the rest, I didn't want to go near it, but they dragged me up there. When I reached the spot there was a dramatic change, the wind started gusting and I was shaking as if having a seizure. We left that area. One of they guys tried to climb a fence into a back field and I told him not to, screamed at him really, he listened to me. By this time us girls were freaking out so we left.

The next day everytime I looked over in that direction I saw strange things, like clouds forming demon faces, etc.

That year my mom and I went to a psychic fair. I saw my first psychic ever, she was great, she picked my mom out of a crowd (which is not an obvious thing as she is 41 years older than me and looks more like my grandma than mom, plus I take after my dad and have no features of mom's really) and told me that every female descended from her would have psychic abilities, everyone would be receptive to spirits, and we would each have our own other ability as well. She also told me about the little girl in our house and that we are connected in a past life, best friends, and she told me that that spirit is attached to me and not the house and that she is destined to be my child so I must make her go to the light. That summer I did, and she did leave. But, I then I gained a bad fear of the basement, particularly the laundry room. My mom would say there was nothing there, and I would say that there was and perhaps it was atached to me and not the house itself. I would always make Wolf go downstairs before me, and if he wouldn't go, I wouldn't go, 'cause I knew he would be more sensitive than me if anything was there.

I went on like this for about 10 years, feeling haunted. When I was 28 a friend and I went back to the cemetary, I had to litterally fight my way up that hill (there was a slight hill to where the dark spot was) the whole way up I talked to 'David' as I had called him, and told him I was stronger than him now and that it was time he left me alone, etc. Then we left, on our way out we drove over the spot and the car almost died. I finally had my freedom. But it still didn't feel right.

I would go to Curio shops and the people there would look at me strangly, always looking over my left shoulder as if someone was behind me, I feared looking into mirrors because I might see someone standing behind me. One time at a curio shop there was a lady there who called herself a 'spookologist', she told me that a house that was haunted would never get robbed and a person that was haunted would never be hurt, then she leaned over and whispered to me 'be careful, he is taking your life force'.

I went on knowing he was still there, it hadn't worked. Whenever something went good in my life something else would go wrong. I would get angry with him and the next day feel so drained like he was using my anger to gain energy himself. But deep down I felt safe, protected.

I started going to classes and courses on magick, psychic abilities, etc. One of the teachers told me I should really be careful as I am very receptive and like velcro for spirits. I really should learn very powerful shielding, especially before trying anything magickal.

Then it all came to a head in the spring when my sister went to a psychic and the psychic suddenly came out with "tell your youngest sister to get rid of him. He is using her. She has to take him back to the cemetary and get rid of him once and for all, if she needs my help I will help her. He misses his life and is using her to live the way he wants, but will never allow her to have anything!" My sister told me this, so I seeked help. I belong to another forum that is filled with Wiccans, I went there for help. The things they told me scared me. One actually found a map of the cemetary and pointed out the exact spot where I picked him up. She said that there are guardians there, drawn by the river and trees in the area, and when I, a sensitive, came in they became worried that I was there to take from them and put a wall up against me using my natural abilities, my fear allowed my hitchiker to clasp on to me. But, the worst part was, he was not a spirit, but an Imp. What I had to do was go to the cemetary and promise the guardians that this would be my last time there, but they had to take down the wall and take him back. Also, I had to leave essence of myself in the cemetary (urine taken at menstrual time). I had to be sure to do this before my second trip to Egypt as there was jealousy there and the trip would go horribly wrong if I took him with me. I went and saw a friend that is also part of the forum and she sensed him, it was at her workplace and my mom was with me, she said whenever my mom came close he would retreat, he was afraid of my mom. She was telling me tips on how to go about getting rid of him and he came forward to her and told her to shut up, she was actually speaking to him, he was getting angry, and I was having an asthma attack, as soon as she told him to let go and relax, I was fine.

So, I picked a day, June 21st, the Summer Solstice a very powerful day to Wiccans, and it also happed to fall at 'that time of the month'. So, I gathered my strength, meditated, put on protective jewelry, put up spikey shields (to any sensitive I would have looked like a porcupine), peed in a bottle, and went to the cemetary. I went to the spot and sat under the tree, read my spell, dumped the urine, and left.

After I left I felt such a weight lifted, I felt free. The second my car pulled out of the cemetary my phone rang with work for the rest of the week (I was only working casual at that time, and June was not a good month).

I went to see my friend a bit later and she said that he seemed to be gone, only time will tell, but if he is not gone she will tell me the second she senses him back. She has not done so yet and it has been more than six months. I think I am finally free of him, and now I know how to stay free. The wall seems to be coming down.

I just hope that if anyone I know passes away they will not be buried in Bowmanville Cemetary.

Sorry for the long wind, but you asked for it. :o

Stacer
January 21st, 2007, 01:57 PM
That's a crazy story. You've gotta wonder what would've happened if you hadn't got rid of him. If you picked him up so easily how can you guarantee that you won't pick up another somewhere else? Do you know where these "hotspots" are?

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 02:03 PM
Well, I sensed that one, it looked darker to me than the surrounding area, no one else saw that. Hopefully, I can sense others. I don't frequent cemetaries, I hate them, hospitals too. I have learned the 'slicer shield' as it's called now too, if ever I feel.... um.... odd, I slap it up instantly, don't really even have to think about it.

If I hadn't gotten rid of him I think things would have just continued on as they were. He would not have harmed me, or allowed harm to come, as I was necessary for his survival. I have to remember now that I'm not indestructable anymore (I've never even broken a bone, or had stitches). As far as having to get rid of him before going on the trip, I think it would have just been that Mohab and I didn't work out instead of now being engaged and getting married in a few months. :shrug:

twisten
January 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Wow, that would be terrifying. I've heard other stories of "sensitives" attracting spirits both good and bad but I can't remember them anymore. When I was a kid growing up there was a house up the road from us that had something living there along with the family. I hesitate to call it a ghost but maybe more of an entity?? Certain windows you looked out and you could see these red eyes looking back in and one room in the house faced west there were no trees close and if you didn't have the light on, even in the daytime, this room was always dark. The only person in the family that would go in that room was the dad. People would be chased by this thing, happened to me one night. But no one was ever hurt physically by it. I wonder to this day if it is still there. The original house is gone so maybe its gone too.

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that sounds more like an 'it' than a ghost. :eek:

It doesn't matter that the house is gone, unless it was exorsized it would still be there. Spirits aren't necessarily attracted to a house, they are attracted to an area, or a person, or a specific item in the house (like a family heirloom), anything. People get the wrong impressions about hauntings. Also, houses have memories and sometimes they are mistaken for spirits.

Can you tell I wanted to be a paranormal researcher, a Parapsychologist?

Shelties4ever
January 21st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Aah Ghosts, In 1985 my husband and I bought a war time house, packed up our things and our cockatiel and moved in on June 1. We did not have air conditioning and on a hot July evening a icy breeze drifted right by me as my husband and I watched t.v. I watch as the breeze passed by my husband and by his reaction I knew he felt the cold. I asked him and he said yes he had felt the cold. Right from the begining things were moved. I would put something on a shelf and walk away when I came back into the room the item was moved. I would turn the stereo on walk to the other side of the room and the stereo would turn off. We got our Sheltie in August. She would be walking in the dining room and you would see her be flipped right over onto her side. The cockatiel's cage was in the dining room and her door was always open. At 3 am in the morning she would scream and come flying into the living room in the dark. The dog would not go into the dining room alone. One night at 3 am the bird screamed flew into the living room the dog jumped into our bed. I went into the living room found the bird hanging on the curtains and I brought her to bed with us. As the four of us sat on our bed we heard the swivel rocker start to rock. I crawled to the foot of the bed from where I could see the swivel rocker and it was rocking to beat the band. My husband crawled to foot of the bed too and just shook his head. Eventually we decided to talk to our "friend" and explain that we could not afford to move and our only request is that he leave the animals alone. I have 6 years of stories I could tell you.

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM
My family lived in a house like that before I was born. The stories I grew up with. It's kind of like having a roommate that you have to live with. You just need to live in peace and basically ask for your space.

jiorji
January 21st, 2007, 04:44 PM
for a school project i decided to do some fake ghost photos in this cemetary. They all came out pretty neat, but in this one photo, all these faces showed up and there's this man with a dark face peeking up behind my friend(the fake ghost). I showed it to a medium and she couldn't believe all the ghotsly faces that came out to ruin my fake photo lol. I'll have to look for it, I still have the negative somewhere.

ANd the dark man apparently was really annoyed that I was taking photos near his plot because he was trying to not be seen. I think she said his lie was lead in secrecy and he lied a lot and he was constantly trying to not get caught and i took his photo and he was mad. :evil: But he didn't follow me after.

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 05:00 PM
OMG I have to see that.... get looking!!!!!

Even if it was just the fake ghosts I'd have to see it, that would be neat.

chico2
January 21st, 2007, 05:14 PM
Aww Girls,ghosts:confused: although I'd like to believe in such things,I don't really,but to each his own..
One night a while back,all 3 of my cats woke up and stared at the ceiling,a little leery,the next night the same.
But another night I heard what the cats got upset about,there were mice or something in the attic,never really found out,but it was a scratching gnawing sound:confused:
It stopped when it got warmer outside,then we plugged any holes we could find,so much for my ghosts:)

Stacer
January 21st, 2007, 05:55 PM
I lied previously when I said I didn't have any strange stories. We just moved to Mississauga from and old turn of the century building in Toronto. The building was really neat and had that old feeling to it. We had just gotten groceries and after we finished putting them away we sat down in the livingroom and turned on the TV, we were probably sitting for about 10 minutes when we heard one of the cats meowing. I got up to see where they were and the door to our apartment was open about 6 inches and the cats were out in the hallway. My husband was skeptical from the get go. He thinks I must have forgotten to shut the door completely. But I distinctly remembered closing it and turning the deadbolt. Then we got creeped out thinking maybe it was the acting superintendent who unlocked the door and opened it thinking we weren't home and then left quickly when he realized we were there. That's far fetched I think. I believe it was something else, I don't know what.

There were several other incidences with our stereo. Nathan had the music on and I had gone to the creepy basement to do laundry (so creepy that I never went down there after dark to do laundry and was hesitant to even go down during the day). The stereo suddenly went up full volume, he freaked out and immediately thought of me in the basement and was on the way out the door when I walked in(I was fine).

Another night, we had just gone to bed and as we were in that state just before sleep, the stereo in the livingroom came on, it was just loud enough that you had to strain to hear it from the bedroom, it was so creepy because the volume was so soft. Neither of us wanted to get up to see what the deal was.

Nothing else happened after that. And since moving into our new place the stereo has been fine.

Mocha's mum
January 21st, 2007, 08:41 PM
I've never had any ghostly encounters, although that kind of stuff absolutely fascinates me. I'm all about watching the ghost shows on TV (drives the hubby nuts!!). I don't know how I would react if anything did happen to me.....:shrug: Maybe I'd flip out, maybe not....who knows until it happens :)

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
Sunday afternoons on the W Network they have marathons of all the ghosty shows.

Aimster
January 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
I've been following this thread and reading all of the creepy stories. I'm just curious about everyone's feelings on Ouija boards. Have you used one to try and contact ghosts or other entities in your house?

I've been talking with my roommates about this thread and we have been watching some of those ghost shows on the W Network. I want to try a Ouija board but my one roommate won't let us, she doesn't want us letting anything into our house so we might try a neutral area and see what happens.

Just today my Aunt was visiting at my parents house and we got onto this very topic and she thinks her house might have a ghost because she keeps finding single dimes in very random places in her house and even in her car. She doesn't find anything but dimes. I'm assuming she isn't just going around leaving her pocket change in all of these places so it's weird that they're ending up in her kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, livingroom. Spooky!

Mocha's mum
January 21st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Ooooh. Thanks Byrd. Sunday's are my 'cleaning days' when I kick hubby out so I can go nuts and do my thing (I'm sure I have an OCD :D ). I'll have to turn that channel on. I like to watch on weekdays around 4 (I think). There's Creepy Canada, and a few other shows that Kris makes fun of me for watching. I also like 'Most Haunted'....

So,what's the deal with having an encounter anyway? I mean, I feel kind of left out; I hear stories of people having experiences with ghosts, but I've never experienced anything...I think it would be fascinating. Something not explained by science....

As for Ouija boards, they creep me out. I heard that you shouldn't open yourself up to them because they're evil or something....or maybe I was being strung along. Either way, they're creepy.

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 10:45 PM
I've been following this thread and reading all of the creepy stories. I'm just curious about everyone's feelings on Ouija boards. Have you used one to try and contact ghosts or other entities in your house?

NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :eek: HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM!!!!!!!

My nephew had a really bad experience from a ouija board. It nearly mirrors mine, only his was much, much worse. Honestly, my sister recounts him calling her in the evening crying (and he was around 16 at the time and he's a tough guy - I call him Mike Holmes, he reminds me of him) she could hear strange noises in the background, he said there was a really tall man in the house wearing a black cloak with glowing red eyes, it chased him up the stairs, but it was flying over him. He had locked himself in his room until his dad came home. This happened on several occasions, he saw this thing more than once, he heard footsteps walking around his bed at night. He threw out the ouija board only to have it appear on his bed the next day, they had to burn it to get rid of it! To this day (he is 29 now) he still freaks out about his experiences.

My recommendation is to never, ever lay hands on one.

Byrd
January 21st, 2007, 10:51 PM
I also like 'Most Haunted'....

So,what's the deal with having an encounter anyway? I mean, I feel kind of left out; I hear stories of people having experiences with ghosts, but I've never experienced anything...I think it would be fascinating. Something not explained by science....

Most Haunted is one of the shows.

Well, the main thing you would notice is that it gets really, really cold, then all the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, then, you may hear a sound, or you may see movement, usually it's a shadow or mist, but sometimes it takes form, sometimes it's just a movement in your peripheral. You have to be open to it, it won't happen if you don't believe. The biggest thing to remember is they can't hurt you (other than scare the crap out of you), so don't run, they get more 'curious' if you run from them. A lot of them don't know they're dead, so talk to them, they like the attention. Think how you would feel going years and years being trapped in one place with people coming and going, but always ignoring you.

jiorji
January 21st, 2007, 10:59 PM
heheh Ouija boards. They sell them(or used to) at ToysRus.

Honestly, I don't believe in bad spirits, and I don't believe any spirit can harm you. They're much weaker and no offence Byrd but if they stick around that long, that means you haven't put your foot down! hehe

I haven't tried one yet. BUt i definetly wouldn't try it in an old haunted mental insitution where many patients have died in pain. *shiver* :o

I'm always on a ghost hunt. I'm SO jealous that my dad can take orb photos so easy and I can't. He doesn't even believe in them!! :mad:
But this spring i'm visiting a concentration camp and many many old churches and castles and hopefully I'll get some authentic orb shots to share :thumbs up

mummummum
January 21st, 2007, 11:24 PM

Not a good idea to use anything to contact spirits in your house or elsewhere unless you or one of your friends has experience in channelling and you all have very strongly developed psyche's. You may be opening doors you can't close.

Sorry to be grim about this but, I see it as akin to letting non-chemists loose in a lab full of beakers of liquids and powders and saying "Go see what you can mix up will ya ?"

Skryker
January 22nd, 2007, 05:49 AM
I grew up with the Ouija board being used in my house regularly, and so I have no particular fears of them myself-but, they are a doorway of sorts, and to use one you are putting yourself into a open and receptive state. Not very safe if you don't know how to control that state, how to protect yourself and how come out of it. My Mom is VERY strong psychically, and I learned the way of Ouija from her, including the proper respect for it and the amount of control and respect to expect for yourself.

I've known lots of people who have had bad experiences with them and I wouldn't recommend inexperienced users try them. (I used to be the "ghostbuster" that my friends called after they'd scared themselves silly with a Ouija board-you know, "Come and help us! Make it go away!"). It seems like inexperience+willingness to believe+fear=disaster as far as Ouija goes, and since you shouldn't use one alone, a group of people always contains at least one person who is afraid. Byrd is right about things drawing on your fear and anger and it isn't nice stuff that is drawn to fear. And mumx3 is right about needing a strongly developed psyche.

jiorji, I wish they wouldn't sell them in toy stores! Ours actually was a birthday present someone gave my sister when my sister was 10. Mom took it away and put it up for years. I have it now but don't use it for lack of time and because my kid is a little too impressionable and receptive right now.

lol-this thread is cool! I wanted to be a parapsychologist, too, Byrd!

twisten
January 22nd, 2007, 02:16 PM
My parents had a ouija board when I was young and used to play it with some friends of theirs. One night something happened while they were using it. I don't know what to this day my parents refuse to talk about it. Anyway my Mom tried to burn it and it would not burn. I think Dad finally took his chain saw to it and they hauled it to the county dump. But I definitely remember looking in the burning barrel after and the board was a bit charred but not much. The hair stood up on the back of my neck after that and I've never touched one. By the way it was a hot fire burning in the barrel with lots of paper so the board definitely should have burned.

Inisfad
January 22nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Wow, this thread is very excellent indeed. And some very interesting reading. I personally, have only had small experiences with things moving about or noises or whatever, but it has usually happened after someone I care about has passed away. I think that when you're grieving, especially, the 'psychic' wall that is around you in this dimension (which I think is supposed to keep things from bleeding from one dimension into another), is not as strong, and, if you are open to it, are more susceptible to psychic phenomena, whether from the person who passed away, or others. It is usually a positive, communicative experience. For those of us who haven't had contact with 'ghosts' we have all had at least synchronisitic experiences, If you start by thinking that there is no such thing as coincidence, then things that happen take on a different light, and begin to have reason. And you become open to these things, as well. Often there is communication in the most benign ways. For example, my dad and I were very close, and he passed away at the beginning of March, some years ago. We went to the cemetery for his burial. I stood at his graveside, and suddenly, from nowhere, a leaf blew down and hit me on the cheek. I believe that it was my dad, kissing me. Of course, many people would say its just a leaf, it has no meaning, or whatever. In March, of course, there are no leaves on the trees. Anyway, to this day I believe it. I've had other, small experiences like that, that most people might just shrug off. But if you are open to things, they take on a whole different meaning. As humans, we only see and hear in a very small segment of the spectrum. Just because we cannot see something, (like electricity, for example) doesn't mean it's not there. And I think we all have had things like this happen to us. Of course, much of this is not 'ghosts' but it is 'otherworldly'!.

Inisfad
January 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Back again. I've got even a better story, and am willing to listen to any and all explanations. In the summer of 1993 my partner gave me a ring for my birthday. I used to 'twiddle' it on my finger all the time (bad habit...) The following summer I was sitting outside with a bunch of neighbors and they were talking about jewelry so I looked down and notice the ring was gone. I figured I was twiddling it and it must have dropped on the grass beneath us. We all got down on our knees to look for it, but couldn't find it. That was the summer of '94. In the spring of 1995 my partner passed away. When my birthday came around that summer, I spent the day wondering what kind of sign I would get from him, as it was my first birthday without him. That night, it was dark as I was coming home from work. I walked up the 3 steps to my front door, and saw something shiny on the step. Now, I had walked these steps hundreds of times since he passed away. I bent down, and on the step was my ring. Now, I am sure that this was my birthday gift (again!) from him. Other people have said that maybe someone found it and left it on the step for me (unlikely to return jewelry that way, I would think), or a bird had it and dropped it. Loads of different excuses. I think this was a sign from the other side! And I think that we all have things like this happen in our lives.

twisten
January 22nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
That's awesome Inisfad. I chose to believe it was a sign from your partner.

Skryker
January 22nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
Without a doubt in my mind, Inisfad, it was your partner, returning your ring. :thumbs up

Byrd
January 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
They're much weaker and no offence Byrd but if they stick around that long, that means you haven't put your foot down! hehe

Actually, even some of the very strong psychics I spoke to told me how hard it was going to be and a lot of them said that he was so well attached even they would have a hard time getting rid of him without help.

IMHO I think spirits that know themselves are actually stronger than we are, they have that whole otherworldliness about them.

Shamrock
January 22nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
These are fascinating stories, very interesting thread!.:thumbs up

I dont really believe in ghosts or spirits coming back to make contact, but then I've never had any encounters of this type. That might make a believer out of me.;)

But I dont discount others experiences either, and find them intriguing.
Who can say for certain, after all?
People always want to offer a logical explanation for such events.
There usually "is" one.. but not always.

Inisfad, that is amazing about the ring! You must have been so astounded to fnd this there... as if just waiting for you, on this special day. That truly was like a "sign".

Really captures the imagination, thinking about these possibilites.

Mocha's mum
January 22nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
This is a great post; I was thinking about it all day at work (can't get onto the forum from work- we have some kind of crappy version of the internet). I had an experience back in '98, but I didn't really think it was a ghost thing. Maybe you guys can help me decide.

I graduated high school in '97, and goofed around for most of my last year, so I didn't get into post secondary right away. So, I took a job at a nursing home close to Edmonton. I was still really new, and had to do my 'time' on night shift (which I still love to this day). Well, one night, this elderly man was dying. He had been 'going' for a day or so, and he was on the wing to which I was assigned that night. Being the keen newbie I was, I was in his room pretty much all night. As he was getting closer to dying, I started to get really scared.

Now, on a side note, I'm not one to get scared easily. I'm not squeemish about dead bodies, and was often the one that cleaned them after they died (if I was on shift). Even as the 'new kid', I always had nerves of steel.

Anywho, I digress (just wanted to give you all a little background). I really started to get the heebie jeebies as he was dying...I had this 'panicky' feeling like I had to get away from that room....and fast. Except for the fact that this poor man was just as scared and had a death grip (pardon the pun) on my hand. I turned on the call bell in his room, so that someone else would come, because I was downright terrified. Just before the nurse came into the room I noticed by the closet, the floor looked darker than the rest of the room. And I swear to God, it looked like there were 'beings' coming out of the dark spot. And the dying man saw it too, because his death grip on my hand increased (he broke one of the small bones in my hand).

These 'beings' came out of the floor, their 'bodies' were just dark, blurry blobs really, and they kind of crept closer to the bed. And seriously, I thought I was going to pass out, I was so terrified. The beings came to within about two feet of the bed, and then the man passed away. But he was absolutely terrified. Honestly, that's an understatement. I don't know if there's a more powerful word than terrified....but if there is, that is how I want to describe this poor man.

The nurse came just seconds after the man died. The dark spot returned to normal, but it took all of our strength to get my hand out of the deceased man's. I don't know what had happened in his life, but he must have done some bad bad stuff in his life. I know he served in WW II, but his history didn't say what his role was in the war.

With my experience in this area, I've come to the conclusion that a majority of deaths are a beautiful and peaceful beginning to a whole new journey for most people. I worked palliative care for seven years before I started the full time army thing, and all of the deaths that I have witnessed have been very peaceful.

I don't know if this was a 'ghost' experience or not, but I sure don't care to repeat it in my life. I had forgotten all about it...maybe my subconscience pushed it back into a far corner of my mind. Ten years later, it still scares the hell out of me. I can still vividly see his face in my mind, and feel him squeezing my hand. Ooooh, I just gave myself the willies....have to cuddle the Mocha dog tonight for sure.

Inisfad
January 23rd, 2007, 01:36 PM
ooh, Mocha's Mom, that' some story. I guess we don't know how harmful the man had been in his life, or or negative/positive energy. But the fact that you picked up on it was spooky. I was there when my partner passed away. I have no nursing experience and I never saw a person die before, and although I was nervous watching it, it wasn't scary, but calm and peaceful. I've got great books on near death experiences and believe every word of it, that we pass over somewhere else in consciousness and aware of everything. People who have had these experiences and remember, are actually upset that they have been revived, as where we go is apparently magnificent.

Mocha's mum
January 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
You know, I've often wondered what it would be like to die....DON'T MISINTERPRET THAT!!! I have no intention of killing myself!! :eek: I still have too many people to irritate!! :laughing:

Seriously though, I look at death as a natural part of life, and wonder what it's like. It's all very fascinating to me. Unfortunately, I'm also a 'scientific' person - always wanting research and proof about things....That's not really how I wanted to word that, but I can't think of any other way to describe how my mind works. But you can't really research death. It would be like trying to prove that we are not alone in the universe, or that there is a God or higher being (both of which I believe).

Inisfad
January 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well, they are able to study this a little bit, with people who have had near death experiences, who would have died 50 years ago, but with modern medicine are able to be revived now. And the ones who remember the experience all tend to report the same thing - a loud, uncomfortable buzzing in your ears, then suddenly you are outside your body looking down, You see a tunnel before you and are drawn to it and the white light that's within. They feel an overwhelming sense of enlightened consciousness and love. At some point some of them see people from their past, or parents or whatever. And then they come to a barrier, and they are not aloud to pass beyond, as it is 'not their time'. But of all the people who are revived, most of them are upset to have been, as they say that where they were was so beautiful. And none of them afterwards are afraid of death.

Mocha's mum
January 24th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I've heard stories about that. It gives me hope that there is something beautiful to look forward to after this life of crime, and terrorism and general crap (in the grand scheme of things). I tell my hubby that when I die, I want to have a coffee with God and get him to tell me the secrets of everything; like how the Egyptians built the pyramids and stuff like that. He thinks I'm crazy :laughing:

That out of body thing reminds me of something that happened to me when I was young. I was sitting on the couch at home, watching TV, and I guess I was really relaxed, but after a few minutes it was like I was looking down at the TV, not straight across the room. It was really bizarre. And then my sister came into the room and I was back to 'normal'. I thought it was really cool, but I don't know what happened. Maybe I was just so relaxed and was into some kind of meditative state :shrug:

Byrd
January 24th, 2007, 08:28 PM
like how the Egyptians built the pyramids and stuff like that.

According to the janitor inside the Great Pyramid they used Genies to help them. :p

jesse's mommy
January 24th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I think the Stargate brought the aliens to build them.

LynLyn
January 24th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I keep telling myself that I will not open and read this thread but yet I check up on it everyday and give myself goosebumps!! I always make sure Bowser's nearby when I do too, in case I get the willies and need a hug! I'm such a scaredy cat!

Kristin7
January 24th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Great thread! I don't have much to relate, although have always been fascinated by such things. I love cemetaries as well, and used to spend a lot of time wandering around them. Also have been to the Sedlec Ossuary in the Czech Republic which is decorated with thousands of human bones (for those of you who may be interested in such things) http://www.ludd.luth.se/~silver_p/kutna.html

I do believe in ghosts as so many have had experiences that don't seem explanable by anything else. Also have known people who were sworn non-believers until something happened they could not explain. Only a few minor things have happened to me, not worth mentioning here. Byrd - that is a scary story about the imp you picked up! Would I know if I had one? I hardly ever get sick and have never broken any bones either, although have done lots of things where I might have gotten hurt. Been to a psychic once or twice and they never said anything to alarm me though.

As an aside, I'm a scientist who has spent years working on things I cannot see and trying to prove various hypotheses. I am well aware that negative data is not nearly as strong as positive. It is much more difficult to prove something is not there than to show that something is, for example. I am open to many ideas not proven by science for that reason. That and I don't feel we know everything there is to know yet. Far from it. People used to believe the Earth was the center of the universe, after all (and before that, the Earth was flat).

Mocha's mum
January 24th, 2007, 08:59 PM
There are still people out there who think the Earth is the center of the universe......wait a minute.......oh, right, that was Ontario :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry. :offtopic: I guess it's a military thing....everyone I meet in the military that's from Ontario think that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread, and are totally unaware of anything west of Thunder Bay!! :rolleyes: And I don't mean to offend anyone on the forum who's from Ontario :)

Wow Byrd, how lonely would that janitor be?! :laughing:

Byrd
January 24th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Also have known people who were sworn non-believers until something happened they could not explain.

Byrd - that is a scary story about the imp you picked up! Would I know if I had one? I hardly ever get sick and have never broken any bones either, although have done lots of things where I might have gotten hurt. Been to a psychic once or twice and they never said anything to alarm me though.

My dad is proof of the first statement. My parents lived in a nasty house before I came along. My dad scoffed at this, until one day he was painting the basement floor and came upstairs really quicky and said he was tired and done for the night, next morning my mom went downstairs and there was a tiny area left unpainted, really odd for my dad, he obviously saw something.

Um... yeah, you would know if you had a hitch-hiker. You would feel it, you would feel sooooo drained and so aweful all of the time. It's not about not getting injured or sick, that could be a spirit guide (guardian angel). Mine was a pretty odd case. He drained me, but he didn't control me.

tarasmom
January 24th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I personally believe in reincarnation, the rebirth of our souls into a new vessel
so here's a thought to ponder.
BIRTH: picture a delivery room, a baby being born, passing through a tunnel into a well lit room( oh how bright the lights would be to a child born from darkness) he/she can hear the voices of those who love him/her and anxiously await their arival, the enormous amount of love that fills the room at that time, the joy the child feels as he/she enters the room and meets for the first time their creator, the ones who feel the greatest love for them.

DEATH:picture a trauma room, a person dying, passing through a tunnel into a light( oh how bright the lights would be to a person passing from darkness) he/she can hear the voices of those who love him/her and anxiously await their arival, the enormous amount of love that fills them at that time, the joy the person feels as he/she enters and meets for the first time their creator, the one who feel the greatest love for them.

hmmmmmmm sounds similar eh???

Byrd
January 24th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Yup, got ya there. Reincarnation is a fundimental part of my belief system. Although we don't believe it happens that quickly. But, yeah, for sure it happens, and you can be returned in any vessel too, the new life depends on the good and bad you did in your past life (hhhmmm.... heaven/hell).

:offtopic:

Kristin7
January 24th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Byrd - I do feel drained all the time. However, I think perhaps it was my boyfriend sucking the life out of me. We recently broke up after dating for 4 years and were involved long distance before that. I dont' really remember what it was like before but I have recently felt more energetic and perhaps a touch happier (or rather, less sad). Guess people can have a similar effect as an imp, lol!

It is nicer to think about having a guardian, and sometimes I have felt that. I even thought my last dog was perhaps one, just in the body of a dog. This probably sounds nuts, but when I would look at her face, often I would see a distinct human face. She came to me at a rough point in my life and I think she was looking after me, then had to leave and perhaps help someone else or maybe they can't stay long in a physical form. The only other animal I had like that was a cat who also died young. I think he was also a guardian but instead for the boyfriend I had at the time (the cat was really his but again his face sometimes appeared very humanlike).

Byrd
January 24th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Hhhhmmmm the animal stories sound like familiars.

Bad relationships can definitely drain us.

Kristin7
January 24th, 2007, 10:01 PM
What's a "familiar"? Is that good or bad?

Byrd
January 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM
It's good, very, very good. A familiar is an animal helper, they come when you need them and help you with what you need. Stereotypically it's a witch's black cat.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8793/totems/totems.html

tarasmom
January 24th, 2007, 10:22 PM
and not all witches have black cats(some of us have little white dogs) just as not all black cats belong to witches hehehehe:goodvibes:

Byrd
January 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM
LOL I was using that as an example, hence the 'stereotypically'.

Some of us also have large brown dogs too. ;)

Kristin7
January 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Fascinating, thanks! Although I admittedly don't look too long at my animals faces anymore. I am afraid of what I might see. They die so young when they have a human face... At least, that's what it seems like. The ones that don't have lived much longer.

I wanted to also comment on reincarnation. When I was little, this is something I strongly believed in, although was raised Catholic so not sure where that came from. Now I am not so sure but will just wait and see. I really wanted to come back as a wolf. Maybe that is my 'totem animal'. One Sunday morning on our way back from church, my Dad spotted a wolf by the side of the road (very rare back then in that area). We stopped in the car, but it didnt' move, was not afraid, and just stared back at us. Its eyes were amazing and to this day I can still picture it in my head. I also had a similar encounter once with a mountain lion, but it did not meet my gaze. Still, not something one forgets for a long time.

Kristin7
January 24th, 2007, 10:31 PM
If I have a 'familiar', does that mean I am a witch? My ex thought I was one, ha ha.

Byrd
January 24th, 2007, 10:56 PM
LOL Not necessarily, being Wiccan or a Witch is a religion, just like any other. Although, who knows, you may have some magickal tendicies, inherent tendicies that you don't know about. The ones with the human faces die young, maybe that is because their job is done. :shrug:

Kristin7
January 25th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, that's what I told my ex when his cat died: that he perhaps didn't need Rudy's help anymore so he moved on. Still hurts when your buddy dies, though, although it's a nice way to think about things later when the worst part is over. Who knows, maybe we will meet again someday. :)

Colubridz
January 25th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Really intresting thread, I've alway been open to such concepts and believe their is far more that goes on in our world then most people will allow themselfs to see. I can't recall to many ghostly encounter the only one was two years ago while sleeping over with my best friend up at her grandmothers house around georgan bay. She said that it was haunted and frequently things would be smashed and rearranged especially in the upstiars of the house. I didn't really feel any presences in the house however the one night I couldn't sleep and while turning to over in bed to try and back to sleep I saw black hair out of the corner of my eye whisk by.

I was terrified and just hid on the covers lol trying to wake up my friend.

I had a spirtual teacher at out school who used to do special indian cerimonies in our world religion class and we would do an activity to help channel our energies by sitiing in a circle holding hands and trying to push our energy around the circle in one direction. I couldn't feel or see anything but he said alot of people can actually see the energies going from hand to hand.

I've always been intrested in Wiccan traditions and so on and enjoy reading about them.

Kayla

beaglebrat1
January 28th, 2007, 01:12 PM
my beagle sits in my lap and looks over my shoulder like she is looking at someone or something but out of 3 dogs she is the only one that does this.. i have often heard footsteps in my hallway.. my son's stereo and tv come on by themselves and they have no timer on them.. things fall off counter for no reason.. i have been touched on my shoulder once, a very gentle touch but my beagle does see something that i'm not seeing, she's not scared of it so it has to be friendly.:goodvibes:

VanHull
February 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Just today my Aunt was visiting at my parents house and we got onto this very topic and she thinks her house might have a ghost because she keeps finding single dimes in very random places in her house and even in her car. She doesn't find anything but dimes. I'm assuming she isn't just going around leaving her pocket change in all of these places so it's weird that they're ending up in her kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, livingroom. Spooky!

That is too weird!!! I always find single dimes as well!!! I've always thought that maybe it was my grandfather. When he was alive, he used to fill piggy banks with change for my sister, my brother and myself. We used to love counting the change when they were full. I like to think it's my grandfather's way of saying hi.

mummummum
February 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM
That is too weird!!! I always find single dimes as well!!! I've always thought that maybe it was my grandfather. When he was alive, he used to fill piggy banks with change for my sister, my brother and myself. We used to love counting the change when they were full. I like to think it's my grandfather's way of saying hi.

You and Aimster's Auntie may wish to think about what a dime means either to you or what it may have meant to your respective relatives. :candle: