January 14th, 2007, 08:27 AM
http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages...TY&pageId=1.1.1

This case is getting very strange.

Prin
January 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM
The url didn't work for me.:o

joeysmama
January 14th, 2007, 06:10 PM
It didn't work for me either. But there's a lot of information floating out there about this guy. He kidnapped a boy last week in Missouri. He was found because the boys friend saw a pick up speeding away from the bus stop and his friend was gone. Thanks to his description police were able to find the vehicle when they were at an apartment complex on other business.

The local police who identified the truck spoke with the owner (Devlin) who acted suspiciously. They notified the FBI who came and found not only the boy who'd been missing for 4 days but also another boy who'd been missing for 4 years.

Now there are reports from people who knew this guy. Some of them are saying he was a little strange but didn't seem like a monster.(he worked at a local pizza place and also at a funeral home)

Well I'm happy that the boys were returned home but I still think he's a monster. At one point someone said that they saw him pitching a tent with the first boy and just assumed he was his son. So the boy was not always physically prevented from leaving, but what did this man tell that kid to make him think he couldn't bolt. That he didn't try to call home or make a run for it?

He must have scared the daylights of him, or brainwashed him to believe that he or someone he loved would come to harm if he left.

He had one mother in agony for 4 days and another one for 4 years !!

That's a monster anyway you slice it !

Peepmouse
January 14th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I agree JM that he's a monster!!:eek:
The kids were probably suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, where the person abducted starts feeling for his/her captor. Apparently it's not uncommon in cases where a person has been gone for a long time.:sad:
I'm so glad the boys are back home safe with their parents!:D :grouphug:

HunterXHunter
January 15th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I thought the story was really weird too, but most people who found out about it were shocked since they acted normal (uh...to a degree). But I'd definitely want to know the whole story

Maya
January 15th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Children rarely tell of abuse of any kind.:sad: I wish more people were aware of the signs, we can't expect the children to know what to do in these situations. I was thinking of starting a thread on this subject because it is a very common problem. It's one of those things where everyone just goes about their business and doesn't notice that something is terribly wrong. The law doesn't do much to protect children unfortunately.