Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kong frisbees

erykah1310
January 12th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Meiko DESTROYS most frisbees with in minutes, even the cloth/material ones (flying squirrels and what not) it seems to be a losing battle with him and frisbees....
However
I baught a kong frisbee!!!!:thumbs up :thumbs up :D ITS STILL ALIVE!! I have good feelings about this one:D
Just a recommendation for anyone else who has frisbee woes as well.:highfive:

Prin
January 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah, Hazel won one from here a while back... I haven't tried them yet...:o

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2007, 08:18 PM
We actually won two of them! Both are still alive with hardly a mark on them! :thumbs up

They are the greatest thing since ice cream according to Lil Belle and Ember. :lovestruck: Other members of the Pack would like to play, too, but E and LB are always hogging them. :evil:

Byrd
January 12th, 2007, 08:36 PM
K, how do you win these things?

Willow and I are going to take freestyle frisbee this summer, are they soft enough for her soft mouth, yet durable enough to last through the teethies when catching and tugging?

mafiaprincess
January 12th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Was part of the every so many month contest Marko has going. Hazel won a basket of stuff from pets.ca.

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2007, 08:58 PM

Willow and I are going to take freestyle frisbee this summer, are they soft enough for her soft mouth, yet durable enough to last through the teethies when catching and tugging?

All you have to do to qualify for the contest is post within the time limit. I think it's a quarterly thing. I saw the announcement when I joined, then forgot all about it. Next thing I knew, Marko told me I was a winner :eek: things like that don't happen very often to me!!! :p

Ya, the frisbees are pretty soft! Very flexible but tough rubber. They yank on them all the time and they deform very readily, but they don't rip! I might have a pic...hmmm...yeah....like this one:

Byrd
January 12th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Very cool.

Prin
January 13th, 2007, 12:54 AM
In case you were wondering, you don't up your chances of winning by posting more.

:frustrated: :D

Byrd
January 13th, 2007, 09:49 AM
LOL Didn't even cross my mind.

erykah1310
January 13th, 2007, 12:03 PM

They are relatively soft, the rim is reinforced to its a bit tougher, When Meik is running back with the frisbee you can see his teeth squishing through but the 'rubber' is tough and he hasnt punctured it yet.:fingerscr usually after one play session his frisbees are all poked with teethie holes.

Byrd
January 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I have one that sounds similar although it's not a Kong, it's not even made for dogs, but so far she hasn't managed to put a mark in it. But, it's not regulation and that's a big problem.

erykah1310
January 29th, 2007, 01:22 PM
its still kicking!!!! Even with daily use:thumbs up and not gentle use i might add.....
I recommend them 100% :thumbs up Great toy and very durable!!!!!!!
Good job Kong !:thumbs up

rainbow
January 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Sounds like something I'm going to have to buy once Chase is better. I wish Kong would make a big ball. Chase and Logan love to play with a soccer size ball but within a couple of days their teeth have deflated them.

TMac
January 29th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Toby is a great destroyer of frisbees. We got a great rubber one awhile back called a 'Chewber' and its lasted extremely well - no rips or holes or anything!!