Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ever have one of those days?

raingirl
January 11th, 2007, 07:12 PM
...where you want to crawl into a hole and die, but you can't!!

I am having one of those today. I was supposed to go to my parents tonight, but my new bf is sick. so we stayed home. I should be going to my old apartment to move stuff, but I am so tired because I am just getting over a flu I had for 2 weeks. I'm renting a truck saturday to move all the rest of my stuff, but only like 50% of it is packed!!

So, I come home to a messy kitchen (new roomies who never lived on their own), they can't cook, so I make dinner. my BF calls me into the bedroom because he was going to have a nap and noticed that Odin peed all over my bed while I was at work!!

Now, i have no other clean sheets at this apartment yet. I have no change money for laundry, which means i will have to drive to a bank, find somewhere to get change, go home, wash all the sheets and pillows, and then I get to go to bed. BUT the laundry room closes at 10 pm!! I don't think I will have time!!

I am thinking of just going to zellers to buy new sheets, since I need a third set anyway. but I won't have any pillows to sleep on...

i hate moving to new places with new people and having to do all this stuff on my own...it sucks. my roomates said they would be ok with Odin, but one's GF is scared of him, and she doens't work, so she is home all day with him and I have to leave him in my room.

Sorry if I'm ranting..i just can't think right now. I have been living on 5 hours sleep each night for the last few weeks, on top of coughing endlessly due to the flu....i just want the move over, all my stuff unpacked, so that I can finally relax. i just don't want responsibilities right now.

Stacer
January 11th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Rough day. Each thing on its own isn't so bad, but when they all occur together it makes your life miserable, I know the feeling all too well.

jessi76
January 11th, 2007, 07:57 PM
if I were you, I'd snuggle up in a sleeping bag, call a moving company, and enjoy a hot cup of tea.

tomorrow's another day. (hope it goes much better for you!)

Dog Dancer
January 11th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Well Raingirl, I can relate to the moving stuff right now, but fortunately no new roomies to deal with. I'd make a move to get the roomies GF used to Odin as soon as possible. Is she a renter there or just a guest? If she's just a guest Odin should have dibs on other rooms in the house (IMO). I'd also have gone and bought the new sheets and two cheap pillows.

We can't finish our move until we get our garage built and there's so much snow on the ground now we can't see it to get the foundation dug out. Uck. Good luck to you with your move and hope you're over the flu real soon.

technodoll
January 11th, 2007, 08:01 PM
raingirl, you need a biiiiig beanie hug! :grouphug: and yeah, take it easy... this day is shot anyways so grab a big mug of hot tea, borrow a sleeping bag or a blanket and a pillow or some cushions (there has to be some advantages to having roommies, eh?) and why not some cookies? watch your favorite tv show and tomorrow is another day... you need to rest now to get your energy back, not stress out and worry and run around shopping... think happy thoughts! :clown:

wdawson
January 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
having roomies really sucks.......why do you do the cooking.....do they pay more for this....are the roomies on the lease(if you have one)if not then odin should rule and they are just guests.....in my opinion get rid of the roomies asap....you will be happier in the end,but your purse will be lighter.

raingirl
January 11th, 2007, 08:41 PM
the roommates were a requirement after I left my ex, because I can't afford to live alone. We share a 3 bedroom and share the rent. They are my two co-workers and my co-workers GF. I cook because if I don't, they mess up the kitchen so bad and it takes them a week to clean it! i am a neat freak when it comes to kitchens.

Only one of the other roomies has ever lived away from home. The other two are noobs who have no idea how to clean, cook, buy food, or anything! it's frustrating. Plus, one, he doesn't believe in "indoor" dogs and he doesn't know how to act around Odin. he believes in fear training...or something...anyway, it's annoying. probably stressing out Odin which is why he peed on my bed.

THe co-worker and his gf are the problem ones. the other guy (who i am dating as well) is cool. the other two just need to learn to live with people.

So...found a few sleeping bags, stuffed some clothes in a pillow case. overall, not a bad sleep. Still have to do laundry and pack Friday though.

happycats
January 12th, 2007, 08:49 AM
I'm so sorry, this must be so hard for you and poor Odin, that's alot of people in one place and there is bound to be trouble with that many.
To bad you can't get a cheap basement apartment, the are usually much cheaper the a regular apartment, and you wouldn't have to share your space.

Or maybe you could try moving on the outskirts of the city, also much cheaper.

Sorry, if the above is uncalled for, I'm just trying to help.
I wish you and Odin the best and hope things get better (maybe you'll win the lottery this week-end :) :thumbs up )

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Bushfire2000
January 12th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Hi Raingirl. Sorry your having such a rough time. Roomies can be a real pain sometimes. It's to bad that you have noobies to live with. My roomates (when I had some) and I always set out rules. And when it was first timer I made sure they were the ones who had to set it up. You know, get everything conected phone, power, etc. It taught them a valuable lesson. We always took turns cooking or were strictly responsible for our own food and feeding.

I hope your move today went well.

Prin
January 12th, 2007, 01:59 PM
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, raingirl. :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm glad you've got Odin with you.