Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Enough Snow already

Dog Dancer
January 11th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Okay, I know they say BCers can't complain about snow, but enough already! We had just over a foot of snow fall in our yard yesterday, all at one time. STOP. The girls love it, but mom has had enough. I don't have a digital camera or I'd send pics, but the snow was up over their tummies.

technodoll
January 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
dry as a bone here... and no snow in sight just yet. completely whacky :eek:

Rick C
January 11th, 2007, 11:32 AM
My brother-in-law unwisely set off from Calgary to Saskatoon yesterday . . . . a normal 7 hour drive took about 13 hours in the big storm.

Almost dry as a bone here south of Calgary this morning . . . although its minus 25 Celcius. We just didn't get any snow out of the storm.

You guyz in BC are hogging it all!!!

I hear the ski hills like Louise and Sunshine are wonderful right now though and Kananaskis last weekend had tons.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Writing4Fun
January 11th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Not nearly as much as you, Dog Dancer, but we got a fair dumping yesterday, too. The ski hill operators are thrilled. :party: They had to shut down during the Holidays because it was warm and raining, so what little snow we had gotten at the beginning of December melted and they couldn't even make their own. Heck, some plants were starting to bud again! The ice hut operators are dying - they probably won't get the thickness they need and the huts have to be off the ice by mid-March. So much lost revenue, so many layoffs. :sad:

So, is global warming still a figment of our imaginations, or are the politicians starting to pay attention? :frustrated: :rolleyes:

Lukka'sma
January 11th, 2007, 12:21 PM
A lover of winter am I.
Can't wait till we retire and move up to Kapaskasing, Hearst Ontario area.
Love the snow!!!

Golden Girls
January 11th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Techno - you didn't just get that 5 minute snow storm we just got? Now it's sunny and melting :)

technodoll
January 11th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Techno - you didn't just get that 5 minute snow storm we just got? Now it's sunny and melting

still a few flakes flying around here (downtown), but looking to the west i can see breaks in the clouds. so yayy! never boring eh? :laughing:

Dog Dancer
January 11th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah our ski hills are loving it to say the least. I heard on the news about the Ontario hill closing due to lack of snow. That's too bad really. Our hills have had to close several times in the last couple weeks but that was because of the monster high winds that came with so much of the snow. Right now we're just into the minus temps (but -7 or so at night), which isn't so bad really. The snow will not be melting for a while though, and maybe more on Saturday. It's brilliantly sunny right now and gorgeous if you don't mind driving on ice:yuck: . I would be happy to quit hogging the snow Rick. Lukka and the Beanies could have some. I couldn't get Shadow to come in this morning she just laid down and wanted to stay out in the snow!

Shamrock
January 11th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Dog Dancer...Old Man Winter is really dishing out the weather in these parts, isnt he?:shrug: 14 storms and counting?
Spent an hour last night shovelling off my walkway, sundeck and making a path into the yard for my dog to do his business.
But yes.. today that blindingly brilliant sunshine is looking mighty pretty.
Percy's got sweaters, got boots... we off for a winter's walk :thumbs up

chico2
January 11th, 2007, 04:25 PM
We've had NO snow at all yet and I really want some,it's been cold(-1C) and windy,but no snow..
My son in Vermillion,Alberta(east of Edmonton) has tons and tons of snow and last night it was
-34C..Tooooo cold!!

TeriM
January 11th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I agree, no more snow!!!! I am also in North Van and although the snow is very pretty today it is an icy nightmare underneath. I had to walk the doggies on the golf course today because anything that is paved is a real skating rink :eek: . Now with these cold temps it will probably stay that way for the next week :sad: . So much for my New Years get back to running resolution :frustrated: .

Dog Dancer
January 11th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Don't you find sometimes it's easier to walk on the unshoveled sidewalks because they have some traction? Once their shoveled they get icy! Mine are clean though, it's the law, with salt down.

We finally got our permits from the city to build our garage and now there's so much snow we can't get an excavator in to dig the foundation out! First we had to wait on City Hall, then we had to wait on tree cutters after all the wind storms, now the permit is in, the tree's are down and we had a foot of snow sitting there:yell:

Snow Snow go away... Who knew we'd be wishing for rain????

AliSam
January 11th, 2007, 08:17 PM
We had a tiny bit of snow on Tuesday over night into Wednesday morning. It was just enough to mess up the commute. There is a thin layer in the fields still but most of it is gone. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so it will be gone.