Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Right foot, clockwise.. try it!

Shamrock
January 9th, 2007, 09:34 PM
One of the little right side left/ side tricks of the brain.:frustrated:

1. While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles with it.

2. Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction!!!
And there is nothing you can do about it.

arghh!:D After 10 attempts.. I concede defeat, lol

erykah1310
January 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Aurgh! thats annoying me now, its like im defeted by my brain again:frustrated:

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2007, 09:57 PM
So here's the trick...when you draw the 6, draw it backward, from the place where the loop meets the stem, around the loop and up the stem... :D Your foot keeps moving in the same direction because drawing it backwards is basically moving your finger in a clockwise direction... :p hehehe madame hazel spends hours figuring out ways to beat her brain into submission!

brandynva
January 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Umm... Maybe i"m doing it wrong? My foot continues to go in a clockwise direction... :confused:

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Umm... Maybe i"m doing it wrong? My foot continues to go in a clockwise direction... :confused:

Ahhhhh....says madame hazel wisely...the woman is deeply seated in her left brain! Or would that be in her right brain? :confused: :p Maybe it's someone else's foot? :p

:shrug:

Prin
January 10th, 2007, 12:35 AM
ooo that's funny.:D It's true though. If you start the 6 from the top, you mess up, whereas if you start from the middle, you're ok. :)

chico2
January 10th, 2007, 07:40 AM
WOW,my little brain works in mysterious ways:laughing:

jjgeonerd
January 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I can do it. But then again I've been playing drums for 20+ years so my hands and feet have been trained to act separately. I can feel my foot wanting to change direction though.

brandynva
January 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
It's good to be deeply seated I reckon! :laughing:

I tried this at work with my coworkers and all 4 of them couldn't keep their foot going while doing the 6 starting at the top. They could if the did the six backwards. Now, I was doing it with my right and had no problems, but as soon as I switched it to my left I couldn't do it. Sooo, what does that mean? hehe

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2007, 08:57 PM
It's good to be deeply seated I reckon! :laughing:

I tried this at work with my coworkers and all 4 of them couldn't keep their foot going while doing the 6 starting at the top. They could if the did the six backwards. Now, I was doing it with my right and had no problems, but as soon as I switched it to my left I couldn't do it. Sooo, what does that mean? hehe

I would venture a guess that you're left-handed? hehehe Or am I wrong yet again? :o

brandynva
January 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Alas I am right handed. Sorry to bust your bubble. :clown:

Frenchy
January 10th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Will have to make my coworkers try it tomorrow ! This is too funny !

meb999
January 10th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I can't do it...but I can tap my head and rub my belly though....that counts for something doesn't it?

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM

oh drat! at least my record is intact, though! :D

Prin
January 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Doesn't bust her bubble. There's always an exception.:D

TeriM
January 11th, 2007, 02:47 AM

Sigh, there's a freak in every crowd :D :laughing: :D .