Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maddie?!

Feral_cats
January 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Ok i know i dont post much but i just found this on the Lost and found section of THS .. its about half way down the page and its maddie and it says shes been missing since december 22nd .. has anyone herd about this?

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/lostandfound/public_dogs.asp

mesaana
January 9th, 2007, 07:45 PM
OMG!!! That can't be!!!:sad:

erykah1310
January 9th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Im sorry but who is Maddie?? :shrug:

Feral_cats
January 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30964

The husky that ran off while being transported and was on the run for over a month

mesaana
January 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Here's the thread on Maddie:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30964&highlight=maddie

erykah1310
January 9th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Oh i see. :sad:

Frenchy
January 9th, 2007, 08:17 PM
nooo ,please don't let it be her :sad:

Feral_cats
January 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM
:sad: the picture and discription looks just like her

Rottielover
January 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM
maybe they ha it up for awhile, and just have not updated their site

Feral_cats
January 9th, 2007, 08:53 PM
i was thinking the same thing but if you read the atrical it mentions about her run through ottawa in it and it says the intersections on where she ran from and it was posted on dec 24th . its copy written so i cant post it because it wont allow a right click

the gang
January 9th, 2007, 09:01 PM
fingers crossed but that maddie is a differant colour i will contact ruth and see if she has any news brenda.

mesaana
January 9th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I emailed Ruth already, no answer yet. I also posted on RDIC and spoke to M-C and Gloria... No one knew about it.

Inverness
January 9th, 2007, 09:35 PM
fingers crossed but that maddie is a differant colour i will contact ruth and see if she has any news brenda.

There is no question about that, it is Maddie. She is lost again.

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Nooooo :sad:

t.pettet
January 9th, 2007, 09:52 PM
I am so pissed off, how many irresponsible handlers does this dog have to endure? There are no excuses for this occurring again, if she survives this time and is captured she will hopefully find experienced owners with loads of experience in timid, shy, run-aways.

the gang
January 10th, 2007, 07:05 AM
yes it is maddie just got email from her, man i thought she was now safe. i have emailed info to a few people up there lets hope someone can help, it seems this girl does not to stay put, brenda and the 5 min pins.:fingerscr

Rottielover
January 10th, 2007, 07:10 AM
That is so sad, how did she get loose again...I hope she makes her way home safe, it is starting to get really cold out

Shaykeija
January 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Poor Mady :fingerscr she gets home safe

Prin
January 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Poor doggy! I hope somebody finds her and figures her out. :fingerscr

rainbow
January 10th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Oh No......How could this happen again? :sad: Poor Maddie. :sad: Someone please keep us updated and Maddie please let yourself be captured. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

BMDLuver
January 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I am so pissed off, how many irresponsible handlers does this dog have to endure? There are no excuses for this occurring again, if she survives this time and is captured she will hopefully find experienced owners with loads of experience in timid, shy, run-aways.

Just to point something out, the original person who had Maddie in Ottawa pending transport is certainly far from irresponsible. This is one person who does not deserve that comment. She nightly sat working to get Maddie back, so please don't refer to her in that manner. I do realize it is said in the heat of disappointment but I can't let someone I know personally who has done more for so many various rescues by always being willing to help either by transporting, overnighting, taking on difficult to place little dogs, helping with nursing moms, weaning pups etc to be lumped in to this category. I hope you can appreciate this post in the spirit it was intended.

Frenchy
January 10th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I didn't want to say anything but.... having been there myself lately , when a dog wants to escape, it CAN happen , and I don't think as myself as a bad doggie owner. I guess Maddie has to learn to trust people and just let herself be love. Please please Maddie, go home. :fingerscr

t.pettet
January 11th, 2007, 08:14 PM
I know that escape artist dogs will make every/any attempt to escape, but knowing how shy and timid she is should make a handler all the more vigilant and careful, taking all necessary precautions that this doesn't happen. Have dealt with such dogs, ones that I could only walk with a harness and collar on, attached to 2 leashes tied to my wrists. Have had to place extra 3 feet barbed wire leaning in, on the top of my fence as some have attempted to run away by climbing over. I am very disappointed/ frustrated that she is in this predicament again through what I feel is a lack of comprehension and ensuring the necessary measures to keep her safe and give her enough time to settle in.

the gang
January 11th, 2007, 09:20 PM
we all try to do our very best, lets just hope maddie gets to go home brenda.:fingerscr

LL1
January 11th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Good post BMD.Are you in rescue t.pettet?

Your post was uncalled for,you have no idea how hard all of the rescues who were involved have worked for Maddie,and how devastated and sick they are over this.And how devasatated her adopters are.

Those of us who are not involved are also sick about it,much like many of the people who post here.

The adopters made a mistake.Yes it is awful and everyone is sick about it,but it happened.They are trying very hard to get Maddie back to safety.

Dumping on them and the rescues involved is not helpful in any way.

Golden Girls
January 12th, 2007, 09:39 AM
aww g whiz :sad:

erykah1310
January 12th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Poor Maddie :sad: so fearful :sad:
all i really have to say is :fingerscr :pray: that she has a safe return to home...

And yes, in tune with the "escaping dogs will escape" note here, they will. IF they feel that they must, for whatever reason. A dog will escape...

Obviously Maddie has little or no "fight" response. She lives her life by the "flight" response. I dont know what her past is like, but im sure its not the best of pasts. There is a reason she is "flighty" To her its the best way for defence.:shrug:
Poor Maddie.:D Not all people are bad sweetie, let your self be caught again. In time you'll see.:pray:

Mahealani770
January 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM
This is truly devastating and frustrating. My prayers are with you Maddie :candle:

t.pettet
January 12th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Hoping for miracles in capturing Maddie again and yes LL1 I have been involved in rescue, foster & re-homing for a very long time. Why else would I be so frustrated and disgruntled at her predicament? I know what its like to track a lost dog (pets) for weeks and months and I am not "dumping" just voicing my opinion at how excessive vigilance, awareness and precautions must be is required to do a job properly and keep a rescue safe until they're ready to be adopted! If nothing else this will be a learning experience for all rescuers involved.

LL1
January 12th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Hoping for miracles in capturing Maddie again and yes LL1 I have been involved in rescue, foster & re-homing for a very long time.

and keep a rescue safe until they're ready to be adopted! If nothing else this will be a learning experience for all rescuers involved.

What rescue are you with?

I agree keeping a rescue safe until they are adopted is key, and I also think keeping a rescue safe AFTER adoption is key.Maddie was adopted.So you want to bash rescuers why?Please explain.

erykah1310
January 13th, 2007, 01:24 AM
I really dont see where there is any rescue bashing happening :shrug: discouragement yes , but bashing no...

But to the most important thing now... Is there any news on Maddie?:fingerscr

Blathach
January 13th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Please keep this thread civil and back to the original topic or it will be closed.

Inverness
January 13th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I dont know what her past is like, but im sure its not the best of pasts. There is a reason she is "flighty" To her its the best way for defence.:shrug:
Poor Maddie.:D Not all people are bad sweetie, let your self be caught again. In time you'll see.:pray:

Please do not make assumptions about Maddie's past. She was not an abused dog, but she obviously lacked socialization. She would go back to her former owner. She is just not trusting anyone else. That's all.

the gang
January 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
any news??????? brenda and the 5 min pins:thumbs up

erykah1310
January 15th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Please do not make assumptions about Maddie's past. She was not an abused dog, but she obviously lacked socialization. She would go back to her former owner. She is just not trusting anyone else. That's all.

I was just saying that obviously there is a reason that she is flighty... I didnt mention anything about her being abused, perhaps she did have a great past, but as you said about socialization, that would kinda get lumped in with the point i was attempting to get at.:shrug:

Golden Girls
January 15th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I don't see any bashing either - let's hope this thread doesn't get closed simple bec people are sensitive. It's not about rescues or even the adoptor's it's about hoping for another miracle in re-capturing Maddie :fingerscr Does anyone have any news? :pray:

chico2
January 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM
OMG,not Maddie again:sad:
I think we all had happy-tears when she was finally found and now she's gone again,I can't believe it...
So now we have 3 dogs on the run,Homer,Jace and Maddie and it's really becoming winter,even here in Ontario:sad:
Why,why do dogs run???

erykah1310
January 15th, 2007, 04:03 PM
I agree, emotions are running high for Maddie...
The only really truly important thing here is, her allowing herself to be captured again.:pray:

the gang
January 15th, 2007, 08:42 PM
i agree lets get her home safe and sound

BLB
January 15th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I do believe that some people can sit on the side lines and blame others when things happen but if a dog wants to escape it will!! They have been through alot before being rescued and all of a sudden people are caring for them do they understand this I don't think so. I do not believe anyone who rescues an animal wants it to escape and get hurt they probable feel more hurt than you and I can imagine especially after looking into the eyes of these animals. Thats it for my say now can anyone tell me if they have found Maddie again I followed the story here in Ottawa and hope this beautiful dog was finally safe and now this. Has it been posted again on the lost and found page.:sad:

mesaana
January 16th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Maddie has not been found. There was a big search with about 20 people on Saturday, but without luck. They will be trying again...

Golden Girls
January 16th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Thank you Mesaana for the update :pray:

erykah1310
January 16th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Maddie has not been found. There was a big search with about 20 people on Saturday, but without luck. They will be trying again...

Keep up the great efforts:thumbs up with devotion like that, she MUST be found (hopefully safe and sound):fingerscr :pray:

chico2
January 16th, 2007, 03:41 PM
When I was looking at the lost and found and saw Maddie,I just could not hold back the tears:sad:
Daisy the English Bulldog is there too and several Chi-Hua-Huas,which surprised me,it's sooo sad to see all these missing dogs..
Maybe Maddie is looking for her original owner??? What is her history??
I am not religious,but I am praying she'll soon be home,warm and safe:fingerscr

rainbow
January 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Maddie trusted once and hopefully will do so again. Fingers crossed for her to stay safe until then. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :fingerscr

Prin
January 16th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Has she been seen? I remember last time, there were sightings, so it kept the hope alive...:o

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Any more sightings of Maddie? :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

the gang
January 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
any news?????

Mahealani770
January 23rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Has anybody seen Maddie? :fingerscr :pray:

Golden Girls
January 23rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
:fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

LL1
January 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I keep praying for good news.

chico2
January 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Me too,I was thinking of her and Jace today,but I guess there is no good news:sad:

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 01:07 PM
C'mon Maddie. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
January 28th, 2007, 01:19 PM
:fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr X 2 :sad:

the gang
February 1st, 2007, 04:19 PM
anything yet :fingerscr

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM
I keep wondering too. There isn't a day go by that I don't think of her. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Toonces
February 4th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Everyone please keep positive thoughts for Maddie, a trap is being set to catch her. There have been regular sightings.:fingerscr :fingerscr

Frenchy
February 4th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Please please please :fingerscr :pray: my heart stops everytime I see a new post in this thread, I can't wait to hear she has been found. :fingerscr

LL1
February 4th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I hope she is safe soon!!

chico2
February 5th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Thank's Toonces,at least Maddie is still alive:fingerscr :fingerscr she'll let herself be caught:fingerscr

Golden Girls
February 5th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Sending :goodvibes: Maddie's way!

the gang
February 11th, 2007, 09:33 PM
this is killing me anything??????

cpietra16
February 12th, 2007, 06:52 AM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :fingerscr

Golden Girls
February 12th, 2007, 09:27 AM
It's killing me too ... all of them lost :sad: :pray: they've found a safe and warm place until :fingerscr

t.pettet
February 13th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Am I mis-reading this at the Toronto Humane Society public postings that she was found Feb. 9?

Frenchy
February 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM
:eek: could it be ???? :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
February 13th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Am I mis-reading this at the Toronto Humane Society public postings that she was found Feb. 9?

I don't think it's Maddie. :sad:

t.pettet
February 14th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Same picture posted by Feral Cats on Jan. 9.

rainbow
February 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I never looked at the site when it was posted on Jan. 9th but when I looked at the site today I think they are two different dogs.

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/lostandfound/public_dogs.asp

Maddie was reported lost on Dec.22/06 (picture is near the bottom of the page). The husky reported as found on Feb. 9th is older and doesn't even look like her IMO. But I really hope I am wrong. :fingerscr

Prin
February 14th, 2007, 10:01 PM
The pic of Maddie is near the bottom of that page. The found one doesn't look anything like her.

rainbow
February 14th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Well, I guess I'm not the only one that says it isn't Maddie.

C'mon Maddie....we want you home. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

chico2
February 15th, 2007, 07:41 AM
That is not Maddie,this one was found with a collar and vet-tags from the Toronto area:confused:
But Toronto Humane had her on their Lost/Found site at one time..can't find it now:confused:

the gang
February 15th, 2007, 07:51 AM
just got a email this am from ruth maddie is still missing she has been spotted too, poor matty its cold and no food man sometimes life sucks brenda and the 5 pins :fingerscr

chico2
February 15th, 2007, 07:54 AM
It's a wonder that she is still alive,maybe she survives on catching prey:confused: we've not given up hoping for her:goodvibes:

rainbow
February 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the update. It's encouraging to know that Maddie has at least been spotted. :)

C'mon Maddie....trust someone again. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
February 15th, 2007, 06:06 PM
that is encouraging - common Maddie :fingerscr