Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Last sterilization for the pack!!!!

erykah1310
January 9th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Jan 24th is the day...:D :thumbs up Finances are under control finally... SO... The very last intact member looses her reproductive capabilities:thumbs up After an expensive and interesting year in my neck of the woods ( with barn kittens,almost feral captures and foster failure) EVERYONE will be all done!!!!!! YAY!
We put off Miss Mia and got all the boys neutered first ( less expensive for a greater number of animals) There was no chance of Mia getting a stork visit because she does not go outside. However, for her health and long term happiness she is going in!!!!!
Its great to not have to worry so much about it "accidently" happening. She has not gone into heat yet but will soon and we all know that animals in season, only think of one thing!:rolleyes: I was still worried about her deciding to sneak out one day in search of a mate, but now, finally the relief is coming!
My "herd" will never have an oportunity to add to the problem, its such a good feeling!

Anyway, just thought i would let you all know what the big news is round here today!

Prin
January 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Good luck! Hope everything goes well. :goodvibes: :fingerscr

erykah1310
January 9th, 2007, 12:54 PM
She'll be fine...... shes not the first and wont be the last to be spayed! ( Round here she is the last for a while :D )

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2007, 01:01 PM
:goodvibes: We always sweat through all the surgeries but the recoveries usually go very smoothly... :o We're just worriers. :shrug: Gives us something to do with our 'spare' time, I guess :laughing:

rainbow
January 9th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Good luck being sent for Mia. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
January 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
You just know what I'm going to say....go to your vet and get back to us with an update. :D :thumbs up

~michelle~
January 9th, 2007, 09:20 PM
:thumbs up awesome good luck

erykah1310
January 23rd, 2007, 02:14 PM
Tomorrow is the day..:goodvibes: she has to stop eating tonight at 8 and be there at 8:30 in the AM :eek: its an hour and a half to the vets from here, so i have to leave BY 7:eek: Been a while since I have had to get up that early:o

I told Mia what was happening tomorrow, thankfully she doenst have a clue what im talking about:D Sucks that shes in heat right now, but they said not to worry.

Gonna be so great tomorrow, no more intacts around:thumbs up
Worried and excited at the same time , its a strange feeling.

Prin
January 23rd, 2007, 08:16 PM
Good luck for Mia! I hope everything goes ok.:)

Frenchy
January 23rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
Everything will be fine :thumbs up

jiorji
January 23rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
yay Mia. She's gonna get out thinking.."wait....I feel like...I'm missing something...hmmmm what could that be I wonder??....hmmm....nope..still have my tail...what could it be??....ah well no matter i found a TREAT!!":D

My Peanut got spayed during her heat too. She felt better after, believe you me!:thumbs up

erykah1310
January 25th, 2007, 03:45 PM
She's all "fixed" up now:D
What a nerd she is though, we get home and I put her up in the kitty room, and layed on the bed with her for a bit... she INSISTED on walking around the bed on her hind legs:rolleyes: Other than that, she pulled through like the real little trooper she is!:thumbs up

AHHHHH, sigh of relief for me:D
Today shes all normal like, but a bit slow moving!

Prin
January 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM
YEY! I'm glad she's ok. :)

Hunter's_owner
January 25th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yea that's great news:thumbs up

Frenchy
January 25th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Glad she is ok :thumbs up