Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Injured dog gets rescued, FINALLY

jessi76
January 9th, 2007, 09:30 AM
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO39502/

Trapped dog rescued from danger

BARRE, Mass. -- The search is over for a dog injured by an illegal leg-hold trap.

The dog's leg was still caught in the trap when the animal was found by police at a garage on Summer Street around 11 a.m. Monday morning.

The shepherd-cattle mix canine was taken to Tufts Veterinarian School, where medical personnel amputated the dog's leg.

According to authorities, the trap will be used to track down the owner.

The leg-hold traps were outlawed in Massachusetts a decade ago.

*Copyright (c) 2007 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saw this on our local news last night. Apparently most people in town knew of this, but could not manage to catch the poor dog. A resuce worker was treated for hypothermia following a 9 HOUR search for the animal. This poor animal got caught in the trap around Christmas! and has been dragging the trap on her paw since then.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. makes me soooooo angry. thankfully authorities are investigating, and will hopefully find those responsible.

Golden Girls
January 9th, 2007, 11:17 AM
How awful. Glad to hear the dog has been saved, I hope they catch the ****** who's responsible.

Frenchy
January 9th, 2007, 12:25 PM
According to authorities, the trap will be used to track down the owner.

And I hope they use it on him ! :mad:

Hunter's_owner
January 9th, 2007, 12:26 PM
And I hope they use it on him ! :mad:

Most definetly,:thumbs up the only way the punishment will fit the crime:frustrated: