Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Grand Valley Ontario, Stolen Female English Bulldog

bullidog
January 7th, 2007, 08:22 PM
MY 10 YR OLD FEMALE RED AND WHITE ENGLISH BULLDOG STOLEN FROM OUR FRONT LAWN FRI JAN 5/07... OTHER DOGS IN AREA ALSO TAKEN IN AMARANTH TOWNSHIP NEAR ORANGEVILLE/GRANDVALLEY AREA...SUSPISIOUS RED VAN OR TRUCK IN AREA AT THE TIME. DAISY HAS BEEN REPORTED STOLEN TO THE OPP DETACHMENT. IF ANYONE SEES HER PLEASE CONTACT ME AT: bullidog@hotmail.com
..any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Kim P

Stacer
January 7th, 2007, 08:44 PM
OMG, that is so brazen of someone to steal her right off your front lawn. Poor doggy, I hope that you find her safe and sound. Have the police given you any reason as to why people steal dogs? Especially a dog stealing spree, what would the purpose of that be? :fingerscr :fingerscr for a safe return.

Bearsmom
January 7th, 2007, 09:46 PM
She's obviously not spayed, is she microchipped? I live very close to GV, and will keep an eye out, they're a pretty rare breed to see in the area.

bullidog
January 7th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hi BearsMom:)
Daisy is a rescue that came to me in very poor condition. Because of her age and health I was instructed by my vet that she pobably wouldnt survive surgery. She had been used to have several litters and had too much scar tissue to boot.... She has chronic arthritis among other issues. As far as I know about her past.... no micro chip. I have also found out that there was another dog stolen at the same time.... a lab/shep/hound mix named Toby.
Please keep your eyes open. I am very greatful!
Kim

bullidog
January 7th, 2007, 10:21 PM
OMG, that is so brazen of someone to steal her right off your front lawn. Poor doggy, I hope that you find her safe and sound. Have the police given you any reason as to why people steal dogs? Especially a dog stealing spree, what would the purpose of that be? :fingerscr :fingerscr for a safe return.
seems that they steal dogs to sell for research. I have contacted the Uof G to allert them to the theft and to contact me if she shows up. A few years ago a golden was taken and sold and euthanized by the research dept at Guelph... it was an animal control officer who did it and their was a big court case as the dog hadn't even been kept the legal number of days prior to Guelph purchasing it.

rainbow
January 8th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Daisy. :grouphug: I hope she is soon reunited with you. :fingerscr :fingerscr

The U of G should not purchase animals from individuals IMO. :sad: And, they should certainly do a thorough background check before doing so. :mad:

Stacer
January 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM
That's very disturbing to hear. I had no idea that kind of stuff went on. I really hope that you find Daisy.:fingerscr

Winston
January 8th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Hi from Hamilton!

I just read your post..I am so terribly sorry for you. I can not beleive that people can do this sort of thing. I frequent alot of the animal control / human society sites and I did see a new dog on the Hamilton/Burlington Ontario SPCA site. She is a 5 yr old Bulldoggee? ( I dont know if that is misspelled or not either as I am not familiar with this breed very well) that is unaltered? I know you said your dog was 10 but I thought I would mention this to you! She is not ready for adoption it says and there is no picture? It just struck me as strange that that type of dog showed up! You rarely see a bull dog? Here is the link:

http://www.hamiltonspca.com/adopt/default.asp?type=Dog

I know it is probably not her but it cannot hurt to look! My thoughts are with you!

Cindy
:candle:

Stacer
January 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM
That sounds promising. They usually have to guess at the age, so maybe ...:fingerscr :fingerscr

chico2
January 8th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Oh that poor old girl,what a horrorstory..I certainly hope she will be found safe and sound.
Maybe whoever stole her had no use for her realizing she is older and sickly and he dropped her at the Hamilton SPCA,:fingerscr :fingerscr that it's her!

rainbow
January 8th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Fingers crossed that this is Daisy....please let us know. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Rottielover
January 8th, 2007, 06:15 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr that it is your little girl

Winston
January 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I am sorry everyone but I do not think this is the same dog! She is cute though!

Cindy

rainbow
January 9th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Awww, she is cute too but looks so sad. :sad: I hope she is reunited with her owner soon. :fingerscr

Bullidog, have you heard any news about Daisy? :fingerscr :fingerscr

Mahealani770
January 12th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Any updates? :fingerscr :pray:

bullidog
January 12th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Hi from Hamilton!

I just read your post..I am so terribly sorry for you. I can not beleive that people can do this sort of thing. I frequent alot of the animal control / human society sites and I did see a new dog on the Hamilton/Burlington Ontario SPCA site. She is a 5 yr old Bulldoggee? ( I dont know if that is misspelled or not either as I am not familiar with this breed very well) that is unaltered? I know you said your dog was 10 but I thought I would mention this to you! She is not ready for adoption it says and there is no picture? It just struck me as strange that that type of dog showed up! You rarely see a bull dog? Here is the link:

http://www.hamiltonspca.com/adopt/default.asp?type=Dog

I know it is probably not her but it cannot hurt to look! My thoughts are with you!

Cindy
:candle:
Hi Cindy:)
Thanks for the info... i did get the heads up to this girl through one of the bulldog rescues I am on. Unfortunately she was a white old victorian bulldooge(spelling questionable). I had done a mass emailing to all the SPCA's in Ontario... they had seen it, but I called just in case... but at least I know my contacts are working. Still working away at emailing and checking classifieds etc. No new leads yet.......still hoping'
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES TO FIND DAISY:thumbs up
that helps me tons
Kim

bullidog
January 12th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Awww, she is cute too but looks so sad. :sad: I hope she is reunited with her owner soon. :fingerscr

Bullidog, have you heard any news about Daisy? :fingerscr :fingerscr

No new news yet... some dumbass made a prank call saying they had my dog.... the police really didnt appreciate that much. The word seems to be getting out and I am now having people I dont know telling me about my dog being missing. Lots of eyes looking.... I feel as confident as I can. Also found out there are more dogs disappearing in the area so I am trying to worn people to watch their dogs very closely and look for any suspicious vehicles. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for your thoughts...It helps me get through:love:
Kim

LL1
January 12th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Couple questions

You said she is a rescue, from which rescue did she come from?

Is she microchipped? I saw someone asked that earlier, and did not see a reply.If you replied,I apologize for asking again.

How was she stolen from your front yard?Is it safely enclosed?If not,why was she unattended,intact,in the yard?

Emails and calls are great,but I suggest you GO in person,many do not have time to read lost dog reports and going in person is the best bet if you want your dog back.

Bearsmom
January 13th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Hi BearsMom:)
Daisy is a rescue that came to me in very poor condition. Because of her age and health I was instructed by my vet that she pobably wouldnt survive surgery. She had been used to have several litters and had too much scar tissue to boot.... She has chronic arthritis among other issues. As far as I know about her past.... no micro chip. I have also found out that there was another dog stolen at the same time.... a lab/shep/hound mix named Toby.
Please keep your eyes open. I am very greatful!
Kim

Oh, heavens, I wasn't about to freak out on you about her not being spayed, I only meant that she'd be easier to spot with her doobies.

I've been keeping an eye out in the Orangeville area, still nothing.

bullidog
January 13th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Oh, heavens, I wasn't about to freak out on you about her not being spayed, I only meant that she'd be easier to spot with her doobies.

I've been keeping an eye out in the Orangeville area, still nothing.

Hi BearsMom....
no I didnt take it as such. I am definitely a person who prefers spayed or neurtered unless their health will be compromised. I adopt the sick dogs nobody wants so all of my dogs health are compromised so these things are parmount. I am thankful you are still looking.. I have been getting alot of calls just from concerned people who are looking... feels good and gives me hope. Word is spreading far and wide... getting concerned people with advice from as far away as Californina and Vancouver:thumbs up
Thanks again for you continued concern. I appreciate it:goodvibes:
bullidog

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Any news about Daisy? :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

bullidog
January 21st, 2007, 09:04 AM
Any news about Daisy? :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr
Thanks for asking Rainbow:lovestruck:
I continue to get an influx of sightings of bulldogs and reports of them showing up in shelters.... no success yet.... but I continue the battle. I have 800 flyers going out this week to every small animal vet in Ontario through a great company who is doing it for nothing. I also had a wonderful couple who are donating the 800 colour photocopies. The policeman in charge of my case is exceptional, so I figure if there is a chance to get her back I have the right recipe. I work in the pet industry in retail so I have an enormous amount of support and all kinds of eyes looking. Most of these people know her so it is like someone has taken their own dog.
I keep my:fingerscr and :pray: for her save return. Thanks for your prayers..they mean alot.
:grouphug: to you Rainbow!
Kim

chico2
January 21st, 2007, 09:27 AM
Bullidog,we are all waiting to hear about Daisy beeing found,I know she will be:fingerscr especially after we now found out Winkie was found:thumbs up
The more eyes looking the better:goodvibes:

bullidog
January 21st, 2007, 04:54 PM
Bullidog,we are all waiting to hear about Daisy beeing found,I know she will be:fingerscr especially after we now found out Winkie was found:thumbs up
The more eyes looking the better:goodvibes:
:thumbs up I like how you think CHICO2.... contributes to more positive thougths, Thanks:grouphug:
from me and Daisy too!

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Any updates on Daisy? :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

bullidog
January 28th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Any updates on Daisy? :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr
Hi Rainbow....
We have had a couple more leads that are being followed up. They are the best leads we have had yet. Unfortunately all this takes time. I am hopeful. I have so many people looking and they continue to spread the news:) I am truly greatful for everyones help!:love: I continue the search....and continueto :pray:
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers...
I will keep you posted.

erykah1310
January 28th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Thankyou for the update, keeping fingers crossed for Daisys safe return:fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the update. I truly hope one of the leads that is being followed up on has positive results and that you are soon re-united with Daisy. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

chico2
January 29th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Bullidog,there is a definete advantage in Daisy beeing a Bulldog,kind of hard to miss and not a very common doggie,I've only ever met one,love at first sight:lovestruck:
The positive vibes and thoughts will keep pouring out to you,until Daisy is home,safe and sound:fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
February 15th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Any news on Daisy? :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

bullidog
February 17th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hi Rainbow......thanks for thinking of Daisy.
I still continue the search. Leads here and there..... a few in the same area. I have had a couple of calls from the Burlington area in Ontario with two diffent bulldog owners thinking they may have seen her. They are hoping to see her again and then getting a pic so we can be sure. Also a few leads locally here. Still have my fingers crossed as calls keep coming.
Your concerns are greatfully appreciated:)
bullidog

rainbow
February 17th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Keep positive. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :grouphug:

chico2
February 18th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Bullidog,we never forget a missing dog,always hoping we will get a post saying the pup is back home.
Daisy is not a dog who would go unnoticed,at least not by me,she is out there somewhere,so don't give up:pray:

bullidog
March 10th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Bullidog,we never forget a missing dog,always hoping we will get a post saying the pup is back home.
Daisy is not a dog who would go unnoticed,at least not by me,she is out there somewhere,so don't give up:pray:
Thanks Chico2 it is so good for the soul to hear words of support when you are going through the trying times. I have had two different sightings on two different occassions by two different guys who own bulldogs (so are familiar with the breed) down in your area... Burlington... near Applebee line near the Longos. We are following up that lead. I also contacted an animal communicator that was recommended by a vet clinic. Not all communicators will work with lost or stolen animals but she agreed to help. So we are checking out those leads too. So I continue the waiting game.
Thanks again for everyones continued support.
Kim

chico2
March 10th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Kim,so sorry,I was hoping for some good news,when I saw your post:sad:
I met a Champion Bulldog yesterday at my pet-food supplier and I thought of you and your poor dog.:sad:
This one was a heavy male,ferocious looking,but sooo sweet.
But like we have said,don't give up hope:pray:

mycozyhome
March 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM
A friend of mine has a bulldog in Burlington. I hope that the sighting wasn't her. She's just 4 months old. Their other bulldog just died in December.

Thanks...Christine

chico2
March 11th, 2007, 07:37 AM
I know of one other Bulldog in Oakville,I met her last spring,the owner told me she had paid $3000 for her as a pup:eek:
Daisy beeing older and not well,will need medical-care,hopefully a vet will be alerted to people bringing in older Bulldogs,there are not many around.:pray:
Here's a pic of the Bulldog in Coronation Park I met.

bullidog
March 11th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yes that is what Daisy has going for her..... not a popular breed. The nice thing about these two gentleman that saw this bulldog are familiar with the breed as they both own young ones. They both said it was an older dog they saw .... one of them has even inquired to how many bulldogs live in the area. I know finding her is like a needle in a haystack, so I take one step at a time. I certainly dont want to upset anyone who has a bully that isnt Daisy.
Thanks for the photo.. what a big cutie :)
Daisy and I are very blessed that there are soooo many wonderful people looking out for us.
Kim:grouphug:

bullidog
April 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Hello Everyone Just Wanted To Give You An Update. Daisy Is Still Missing But Leads Are Still Coming In Now And Then. I Am Hoping That As The Weather Improves More People Will Be Out And About With Their Dogs. I Am Still Holding On To Hopes.
Thanks To Everyone For Keeping Your Eyes Open For Daisy.:)
Sincerely
Kim

angeldogs
April 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: that she will be found.is there a chance she could wind up in my area.if so we will keep a look out here.

chico2
April 7th, 2007, 06:36 AM
I was thinking of all our missing dogs yesterday,Daisy,Sabel,Jace and I am sure I missed someone..hoping we'll have some great news one day:pray:
Don't loose hope:dog:

Prin
April 7th, 2007, 06:57 PM
:fingerscr that you find her.:goodvibes:

rainbow
April 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
More good vibes coming your way....I hope you are re-united soon. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

angeldogs
April 15th, 2007, 10:48 PM
any news yet?
Is she home.?

bullidog
April 16th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Hi Angeldogs,
No Daisy yet but thank goodness there are wonderful people out there keeping their eyes open:thumbs up It does my heart good that there are still inquires about Daisy. It helps keep my hopes alive.
Thanks to you and everyone looking for her.
:grouphug: Kim

rainbow
April 16th, 2007, 11:08 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

angeldogs
April 17th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Your welcome.:fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
April 17th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Bullidog,we don't forget and will always hope for the safe return of Daisy,no matter how long it takes:pray:
I was thinking(it happens:D )if you ever see bulli-puppies for sale,maybe it would be worth checking in to,would Daisy be able to have puppies?

bullidog
May 1st, 2007, 06:08 PM
Hi Chico2,
I do continue to check ads for adults and puppies. No sucess yet. I also still have wonderful people call from time to time with a sighting of a bulldog that may be her. It takes so much time to follow up. I am fortunate though as my best friends husband is an investigator so he does some survailence when he can. Thanks for continuing to pray:grouphug:
I am not someone who gives up easily and I try to all the leads presented to me. So I continue the search.
Thanks for your support!:love:
Sincerely,
Kim

bullidog
May 1st, 2007, 06:10 PM
Bullidog,we don't forget and will always hope for the safe return of Daisy,no matter how long it takes:pray:
I was thinking(it happens:D )if you ever see bulli-puppies for sale,maybe it would be worth checking in to,would Daisy be able to have puppies?
Forgot to mention Chico2,
I dont think she would be able to have puppies at her age and her health concerns. But you just never know.
I hope not, especially since bullies need to have a cesarian section in order to have babies. No telling what kind of person has her.
Sincerely,
Kim