Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

stupid puppy ads rant

~michelle~
January 6th, 2007, 06:23 PM
ok so i know alot of us hate when we see certain ads for puppies and it gets our blood boiling. but this one really made me angry

Both parents on Sceen. Seiberian Huskeys ...both pure breed!
Shots and dewarmed..vet checked..... 1 female 4 males! amazing makings eye colour crystal blue!

If this is your first huskey then i suggest you watch the movie 8 below or snow dogs. ..these dogs are really intelegent and the parents are well taimed!

ok the obvious stupid mistake of mispelling the breed, and intelligence as well as tamed. and watch 8below or snow dogs!?!?! WTF!!! i love my huskys but they can be big the biggest pain in the A** to train...
oh dumb people i feel bad for these puppies they're born with the deck stacked agaist them!:sad:

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 06:28 PM
dewarmed (i.e. dead?)

Yeah poor doggies get a bad beginning.:(

technodoll
January 6th, 2007, 07:19 PM
i agree... poor puppies, probably gonna end up in the wrong homes and get dumped at the shelter eventually because these BYB are too ignorant to know what a good huskey owner would even look like... heck they can't even get the breed right. Just as classy as those "rockwilder" or "charpie" ads :(

erykah1310
January 6th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Dont try to tell a BYB that they are a BYB though! Opens up a can of worms!!! ( my email athon quest for a while there) Although they cant spell the breed properly and believe that health testing questions can be answered by the last time their bitch was brought into the vet for a check up.
Not to mention the one who claims to be an ethical breeder but is breeding a known faulted dog! ( colour disqualification for this particular breed)
Or the infamous. "they are show quality.. they are registered with the ckc"
And the breeders who claim that they have a litter of Border Collies who are CKC registered :frustrated: CKC doesnt recognize Border Collies, but dont try to tell a BYB stuff like this.
One of the ones i was talking to, when i said, " I will look elsewhere for my future *insert breed here*, as i refuse to support BYB's" was quick to tell me that SHE WAS NOT a BYB and she had many people who would vouch for her.
(this is the one breeding the known fault) :rolleyes:

Oh went off on a bit of a rant there, not even sure if I have thread jacked.:shrug:

Those poor "huskeys":sad:
Hey I should have told the guy who inquired about Bailey to watch Lady and the Tramp, for a better understanding of the breed huh.

Stupid stupid people:frustrated:

~michelle~
January 6th, 2007, 10:06 PM
yeah disney teaches all about realistic animal bahaviour, actually my dogs are fluent in english and occassionally break out in to choreographed song and dance as well......

Byrd
January 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Wow Michelle, you have smart pets! Actually mine is fluent in both english and french and she goes spelunking with me all the time, she collects the best core samples! :p

As the previous owner of a Sib for 15 years, I agree that they are definitely not for the weak of heart!

rainbow
January 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I don't mind the spelling mistakes so much but I am really ticked off about the reference to "Eight Below" and "Snow Dogs". :mad:

I agree that Siberian Huskies are not a breed for most people. I, on the other hand, adore them and Logan is my third. :cloud9:

erykah1310
January 7th, 2007, 12:23 AM
8 below shows what???? You can leave a "Huskey" abandoned in the artic for months and they will survive??? I dont think so!:frustrated:
Wonder if after watching 8 below to educate themselves on the breed any of the pups new owners will think " We cant keep him anymore, but Huskeys are capable of taking care of themselves, like on the movie.... take him for a drive down a country road"
That seems extreme to US but to some.... who knows:shrug: :mad:

JennieV
January 7th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I hope that people reading the ad and considerig the breed will give it a bit more thought and research (wishful thinking, I know)
:(

~michelle~
January 7th, 2007, 10:20 PM
OK THIS ONE MADE ME WANT TO SCREAM AND CRY i was going to send an email but im sure my words would fall of deaf ears. i dont know why i look at these thing. why dont people just get pets for love not profit!

these are our family pets, first boxer female is a flashy fawn three years old and has had two previous litters, this was a good experence for my childern they cared for and sold puppies for 700.00 each,they made enough to go to disney 2 times. second boxer is male under a year fawn black mask white chest we had to pay stud fee for previous litters so we got this good lookin guy. third is a female flasy fawn under a year, none are related all from different breeders.these are family pets cared for by me and my 3 childern,they are house broke.was a good experence for kids to learn about money, responsibility. disney reward was ok to.we are planning on moving before april to city, we are currently rual . we payed 700 for each one,may seperate.

Aimster
January 7th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Jeez, these people are a disgrace. If I had the balls I would call them up just to yell at them. If I worked for that newspaper I wouldn't even put that add in. Watch two movies that have highly trained dogs in them and get a totally skewed perception of what you are getting from these people. Horrible horrible horrible.

These poor dogs probably aren't going to go to a good home based on the stupidity of these people and that's a shame because they're beautiful dogs.

erykah1310
January 7th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Yup great way to teach kids about money..... breed dogs, very rewarding if you dont give a **** bout them what so ever.

I'd email them!

technodoll
January 7th, 2007, 11:14 PM
michelle, this has to be some kind of prank? it can't be true :eek: holy *** this world is ****ed up!! I better step away or faint from disbelief and outrage :sad:

~michelle~
January 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
i know i was going to email them i was outraged i pulled chris in to the room to show him and started yelling!!! i needed to yell i still need to yell. i would email them but i am afraid to because i get so emotionally wraped into these things and i know it will fall on deaf ears. unfortunately if someone thinks something is dirt its hard to convince them its something else. but i literally want to throw up or cry and yell. i figured we can do the best by talking to people and convincing them NOT to buy from these kinds of people.

technodoll
January 7th, 2007, 11:25 PM
here is what i think of these ignorant people! :evil:

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_jan2007/FriendshipPrayer.jpg

~michelle~
January 7th, 2007, 11:29 PM
i love it TD..... i dont pray but i'll say this little diddy before i go to sleep tonight and i'll think of them!!:evil: i encourage all pets.ca to do the same:) we can all give a little cry out to karma to give these people what they deserve!