Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montreal lost border collie/huskey cross Jan.6

pitgrrl
January 6th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Gena, a border collie-huskey (?) cross went missing this morning at St. Joseph and Laurier in the plateau area of Montreal. She's extremely friendly and would probably go with anyone.
Her owner is out looking and really desperate to find her.
This is the only picture I have at the moment. It's pretty terrible, but might give an idea of her colouring.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/pitgrrl/genacopy.jpg

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Good luck! I hope she is found soon. :fingerscr :fingerscr

pitgrrl
January 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Woohoo, Gena was found at the SPCA.

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 02:30 PM
:highfive: That's so lucky! Awesome!

rainbow
January 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Lucky girl.....glad she is now safe at home.

erykah1310
January 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Whoo hooo!!

Very lucky gurl indeed!:D

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
January 6th, 2007, 10:52 PM
That is great that she was found!

technodoll
January 6th, 2007, 11:35 PM
wow that is my neighborhood! i've never seen this dog anywhere before though... so happy she was found. how did she end up at the spca, do you know? :eek:

grimm
January 7th, 2007, 09:34 AM
This is the ending we want for all lost pets! :thumbs up

Now is the time to also update Gena's photo :)

Golden Girls
January 7th, 2007, 09:57 AM
YAY :thumbs up

Golden Girls
January 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM
how did she end up at the spca, do you know? :eek:Are they not your city's pound?

technodoll
January 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM
this neighborhood is not the spca's jurisdiction, it is the "berger blanc" contract .... so who picked up the dog, who drove her to (wrong) shelter, etc is what i'm curious about... we lost maika last spring and i had to go through that nightmare, and should it ever happen again... you know? :o

pitgrrl
January 7th, 2007, 12:27 PM
wow that is my neighborhood! i've never seen this dog anywhere before though... so happy she was found. how did she end up at the spca, do you know? :eek:

The story her owner got from the SPCA was that someone took her home for the night and then brought her to the SPCA the next day. He'd actually checked the SPCA in the morning I think, and just went back in the afternoon incase she'd turned up, and she had.

On a slightly different note, if that's your area, do you ever see the little brindle pit bull/boston (?) cross that gets loose every couple of weeks and runs all over mile-end looking petrified?

technodoll
January 7th, 2007, 12:48 PM
do you ever see the little brindle pit bull/boston (?) cross that gets loose every couple of weeks and runs all over mile-end looking petrified?

no... the only loose dog (no owner around) i've seen once was a lab-type on a cold and ice-rainy night... it wouldn't let me get near and kept on trotting... :(