Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ottawa "Places for dogs to play"

4thedogs
January 6th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Does anyone know of indoor places in Ottawa where dogs can play off leash with other dogs?

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 01:34 PM
This site has a dog park section:
http://www.pets.ca/dogparks/ontario.htm

4thedogs
January 6th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Looking for indoor spaces, not dog parks.

Dog parks are filled with people bringing their unsocialized/aggressive dogs, many don't supervise their dogs, and some have not been vaccinated.

Figure indoor spaces have more rules. The dogs would have to be social, fully vaccinated and they have to watch their dogs.

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Oh, indoor! Sorry... :sorry: I don't know any indoor ones.:o

4thedogs
January 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
There is at least one in Ottawa, just wondering if anyone knows where it is.

Cost, how often, rules, where?

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I don't know how you can be sure that there is at least one... I know in Montreal, which is bigger than Ottawa, there aren't any.:shrug:

mafiaprincess
January 6th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I know of one in Toronto. The rules are so hardcore I wrote it off as somewhere to go on a rainy day. Found most indoor spaces are alike in that matter.

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I heard of one place in Ottawa with doggy daycare, but I was told the trainer in charge doesn't know squat about doggies, so I'm not sure it would be safe there for any doggies.:shrug: Not sure if they let you stay there with your dogs either..

~michelle~
January 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM
im sorry to hear of your poor doggie park experiences :( luckily i havent had too many problems when ive gone to them i hope you find a fun spot for your pup

Dad of Dog's
January 6th, 2007, 08:56 PM
My dogs go to a great daycare in ottawa. What is the name of the one you have heard about. Ours was ranked as one of ottawa's best and the woman who runs it is great with all the dogs. They love going there so much that they go nuts when we are going there and pull me right to the door to go in. They run right to her for their hello's before they go to play.

TMac
January 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM
My dogs go to a great daycare in ottawa. What is the name of the one you have heard about. Ours was ranked as one of ottawa's best and the woman who runs it is great with all the dogs. They love going there so much that they go nuts when we are going there and pull me right to the door to go in. They run right to her for their hello's before they go to play.

I think we go to the same place. Aside from daycare (which usually the owners are not present the whole day - just pick up/drop off)...they also have free dog 'socials' every month where you can bring your dog to play inside with other dogs. It is supervised play and the owner is great.