Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"dead" animals...

BlackDog
March 14th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Just wondering, has anyone ever saved an animal from death?

Such as adopted an animal at a shelter before it was too late.

Or like in my signature, what I did for Hopeful.

amaruq
March 14th, 2004, 08:33 AM
yes....all of mine and more

Catt31
March 14th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Yep, I think most of the regulars on this board have!! Welcome Jason - this is a good place to hang out!!!!

chico2
March 14th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Well,you are heroic young man:) good going!!
Like was said,most people here are heroes in my eyes,I have not"saved"anyone other than a baby-squirrel and a mourning-dove.But today,with shelters full of unwanted pets,just by taking care of and loving animals,you are saving lives.

Lucky Rescue
March 14th, 2004, 09:35 AM
No, I've never adopted an animal from a shelter, but yes, I've saved them from death in other situations.

It's very rewarding.:)

Spoiled
March 14th, 2004, 09:39 AM
YES!!! One of my closest pets was saved from the animal shelter. He's gone now:( :( :( I think. One day he just ran away and never came back.:( I miss him.

Karin
March 14th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Buy an animal and you have a bought pet.

Rescue or save an animal and they spend the rest of their life Thanking you.

Lucky Rescue
March 14th, 2004, 07:31 PM
I very much doubt anyone here has spent 10K on pet surgery. Personally, I doubt I would be able, depending on circumstances.

What kind of surgery costs 10K?

Carina
March 14th, 2004, 07:59 PM
$10000 is an awful lot!

I've both taken dogs from kill shelters, and saved dogs & cats from certain death in a number of situations. And squirrels, snapping turtles, & various wildlife too. :)
(Snapping turtles often wander onto the country roads around here and routinely get squished. Last spring my "remove from middle of the road" turtle count was 5.)

Spoiled
March 14th, 2004, 08:17 PM
If my dog was that severly damaged, I think it would be better and way less painful for the dog if it's life was ended then.:(