Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Winnie your mommy misses you.

Rainy
January 5th, 2007, 05:17 PM
It has been a long time since I have posted regularly on this board.I took in Winnie because of this board and I have had 2 beautiful years with her.:)
My Winnie-boo passed away Dec 27th 2006.

Some people may remember you Winnie.You were posted on this forum on November 25,2004.You were given a week to be placed in a home or you would be put to sleep.Of course we couldn't let that happen to you and I went to get you and the plan was to bring you to your forever home in Toronto.You were much too scared and traumatized to go that far and so we were going to foster you untill we found a home closer.

Winnie you had so much fear to overcome and you did!Slowly you started to trust us and I was the luckiest kitty mommy around.The first time you jumped on my bed and sat in my lap purring I thought my heart would burst,I was so happy.You have given to me far more than I had ever anticipated and i'm grateful to have had the pleasure of living with you even if for a short time.I miss you so very much and wish you were still here.I keep thinking I feel you in the middle of the night jumping on to my feet where you loved to snuggle.I will never forget you my baby boo,mommy loves you always.

cpietra16
January 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Oh no I am so sorry to hear that. What happened. I believe she was around 10, right. It is always so sad to lose your babies. You gave her a wonderful 2 years, consider yourself and Winnie very luckie to have found each other. You really made her come out of her shell. A great accomplishment...:rip: Winnie

Rainy
January 5th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Thank you.You are right.We were told Winnie was about 7 or 8 at the time but I am not positive about her age. Winnie was fine Wednesday morning.She ate her breakfast and was hanging around with us in the kitchen,watching her guinea pig t.v as usual.Some time during the evening Winnie went in my room ,lied down beside my bed and passed in her sleep.My youngest son found her and he is really heart broken and traumatized.From the moment I brought her home she was Owen's best friend.He chose what flavour food her and Smokey would eat every morning.We have no idea why she passed.Winnie was not sick ever during her time with us.Not once did she skip a meal or even cough up a hairball.I wanted to have a necropsy performed but Winnie hated to be touched by strangers and I couldn't do it.I still don't know if I made the right decision but that is what we decided.

cpietra16
January 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
My Orca ( a ferrel) passd way that way. The vet told me that it could have been the heart. Orca had a heart murmur that she was born with. Anyway, whatever reason, I am happy she lived her last 2 years with lots of love. Again. My condolences.

TeriM
January 5th, 2007, 06:46 PM
So sorry to hear about poor Winnie. The love you gave her and she gave you in the last few years is a wonderful gift to be cherished. I would haven't done the necropsy either , to me it is done so let them rest in peace.