Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sentimental journey ...

Catzig
January 5th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Happy New Year everyone.

I was looking through some old pictures and found a couple of my favourites I wanted to share. I hope you will do the same and share your special pics. I look forward to seeing them.

This one is of my beloved sheltie, Clancy :rip: and his cousins after another great game of tag.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/Catpur/Cousins.jpg
Duffy, Emily, Charlotte, Clancy

This is my son (many years ago) and his best friend, Duffy ... my sister's very first Wolfie.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/Catpur/ColinandDuffyatfrontdoor.jpg

(I tried posting this once and it didn't work, so hopefully I did it right this time.)

Hunter's_owner
January 5th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I love the pics:thumbs up

Thanks for sharing:)

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Must've been a great game of tag for them all to be sitting so obligingly quiet for the camera. :thumbs up And I love the way they're all arranged according to size! :D

brandynva
January 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I love the pictures! We had a collie growing up named Duffy! You are the only other person I've heard whose had a dog named Duffy!

Prin
January 5th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Great pics! :) Thanks for sharing them. :grouphug:

Frenchy
January 5th, 2007, 07:03 PM
And I love the way they're all arranged according to size! :D

It's the first thing I noticed ! Too cute. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to post , yet again , a pic of my Daisy who left me last September for rainbow bridge. It still very hard for me when I think of her. I miss her so much.

Catzig
January 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
The funny thing is, they would arrange themselves that way!

Frenchy, Daisy is so beautiful. I know what you mean about missing her, I get teary-eyed, still, when I think of Clancy. Thank goodness for Rainbow Bridge! (that poem really helped us at the time) And thank you for sharing Daisy with us.

joeysmama
January 6th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Such beautiful doggies. I found pets.ca when Joey was sick and losing him was soooo hard. I wish I could resize my photos so I could put up a picture of him. My family thinks I'm morbid but I asked the vet to cut me a lock of his fur and I have it saved. No one else wants to even know where it is but sometimes I take it out and allow myself another cry.

I'm sad, but so grateful for what that little growly faced furball brought to my life !! :love:

Catzig
January 7th, 2007, 01:14 AM
joeysmama, if saving a lock of fur is morbid, then you've found a bunch of people here who understand you better than your family (and your family would probably think I'm psycho). I am sorry for people who miss out on all the feelings a beloved furkid can bring to your life, even in the most desperate moments.

What kind of pictures do you have ... how can I help? I'd love to see Joey.

joeysmama
January 7th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Catzi--you're so nice ! Thank you for offering to help. I have a couple of digital snapshots that need to be resized because they're too big, but then they come out too small. :frustrated: And I have a couple regular prints that I supppose I could scan ??? Joey was petrified of the camera so it wasn't easy to get any pictures of him.

Cooper on the other hand......what a ham !!!!

Frenchy
January 7th, 2007, 08:21 AM
My family thinks I'm morbid but I asked the vet to cut me a lock of his fur and I have it saved.

This was the hardest thing (it was very emotional for me) but I did cut a lock days before Daisy past away. I put a cute red ribbon around it. And I put her collar and tags on my x-mas tree. Her picture is on my screen saver on computers at home and at work.

Golden Girls
January 7th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Happy New Year to you too Catzig. Thanks for sharing your old photo's :rip: Clancy and everyone :grouphug: who's lost a pet. I'm attaching my Buddy's photo for the 1st time. He was the best best dog ever :candle: I'll have to search for one of him alone but for now this is him with Misti. He really took care of her as she was quite ill.

Frenchy
January 7th, 2007, 08:37 AM
GG that is such a cute pic of Buddy !

TeriM
January 7th, 2007, 03:09 PM
My horse Bless (Blackburn's Blessing) - she came with the name :o . She was the light of my teenage years.

TeriM
January 7th, 2007, 03:11 PM
The best cat ever ... Bud. He was the coolest cat, walked on leash, my social butterfly and always a loving friend.

rainbow
January 7th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Catzig, great looking family you have there. Sorry about Clancy. :candle:

Frenchy, that's a beautiful picture of Daisy. :candle:

GG, Buddy was a very handsome fellow. :candle: He was such a good boy to look after Misti, who btw, is adorable. :cloud9:

Teri, Bless was beautiful....I've never heard you mention anything about her before. :candle: And, Bud not only looked cool but gorgeous as well. :candle:

TeriM
January 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
[B]Teri, Bless was beautiful....I've never heard you mention anything about her before. :candle: And, Bud not only looked cool but gorgeous as well. :candle:

It's been twenty years for her so seems like a lifetime. I would love to ride again but it is hideously expensive to have horses in Vancouver.

Catzig
January 7th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Rainbow, that was nice!

TerriM, I laughed when I saw the pic of Bud hiding under the lampshade :D , very cute! And what a beautiful horse, I like the name Bless.

GoldenGirls, I'm glad to be one of the first you shared Buddy's picture with.

Joeysmama, have you tried experimenting with the Image - Stretch/Skew command in PAINT for sizing?

TeriM
January 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM
TerriM, I laughed when I saw the pic of Bud hiding under the lampshade :D , very cute! And what a beautiful horse, I like the name Bless.

Yes, Bud was the total heat-seeker kitty. He actually has his face about 2 inches from the lightbulb to catch the warmth. When we went to my parents he would lie underneath the wood stove and I'd go pick him up and he was so hot you could barely touch him :eek: . I always had to be careful if I threw something on the bed cause he slept under the covers :love: .