Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

True Religion jeans

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 10:12 PM
so i want to know what the Big Deal is about these expensive jeans? :confused: why is everyone raving about them and dishing out big bucks for a pair of jeans that IMO don't look any different than most other brands half the price? am I missing something?

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I'm not faddy enough to know what they are... Any pics? You always have pics of everything.:D

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2007, 10:35 PM
There are actually something called "True Religion Jeans"? and I can ask that with impunity because at least one other person hasn't heard of them either...thanks Prin! Maybe they're made with religiously sanctioned sewing machines and then they've been blessed? Sort of like a 'kosher' classification for clothes? :shrug: Sounds strange...

I think pics are definitely in order... (Do you have any smeared with chocolate sauce? yummy)

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 10:44 PM
no chocolate sauce (sorry hazel!) but they do have a website: http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/ i've never seen any in person but keep hearing about them, and one of my friends who is editor for a fashion magazine loaded her credit card to buy 3 pairs... apparently they're the "in" skinny-type jeans :shrug:

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Oh... :o I could so never wear those jeans. They're the kind of jeans that fit only on one kind of hiney (and I don't have it).

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 10:48 PM
so jeans for anorexic chics? :confused: uugghh... did you see the prices! that's a case for some true religion choice words à la québecoise, if you ask me! :D

Tommysmom
January 4th, 2007, 10:49 PM
The only person I've seen with those jeans is a size 0 (what the HECK is size 0 anyway?? Sheeeeeesh!) so of course everything looks great on her. Since my behind is ummm... a tad bigger than a 0... I'm not even going to try them. Is there anything worse than trying on jeans? Ughhhhhhhhh.

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Not entirely anorexic chicks, but chicks with teeny upper thighs...

For once, the men's are more expensive than the women's... But I don't like them either. :confused:

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
dang...can't handle the link...*^%$#!@ connection!...but I'm not the anorectic hiney type, either...and don't get me started on thighs. giggle... I was happiest in my baggy painter pants phase LOL

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 10:52 PM
And this one? http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/Womens_Joey_Big_T__Easy_Rider/pd/np/1100/p/90750372.html
If you manage to make your anorexic models look fat in your jeans, what the hey do you think they'll do to normal peeps?

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 10:53 PM
my dog! :eek: those jeans are ugly! :yuck:

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Those are only for the size 00's who want to look fatter. :D

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 10:57 PM
did you hear about the new "minus" sizes they have now in Europe? :eek: :sick:

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 10:59 PM
:sick: :sick:

I so can't wait until this skinny model thing goes out. Ok, so obese might not be healthy, but skinny isn't either. Skinny is not fit. You can be fit and skinny, yes, but one doesn't equal the other.:rolleyes:

I also can't wait for this skinny jean thing to go out... Can't wait till I'm in the middle of the target market and skater pants come back. :cloud9:

LynLyn
January 4th, 2007, 10:59 PM
blech not a fan of Tru Religion jeans myself, since I get all the high end name brand jeans at half price or less I can afford to buy and wear them. I personally love the Seven jeans and the RocknRepublic jeans.

I'm a size 8 and they make me look like size 3(and that's why I buy high end jeans, levis don't do that for me)

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
ooo I like these:
http://www.revolveclothing.com/productpages/SEVE-WJ155.jsp;jsessionid=F4CE936D75CAB7F7B58DE3D8D224B 2CF

"slouchy" lol

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
LynLyn where do you shop?! can i go there? :eek: :o

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 11:06 PM
ooo I like these:
http://www.revolveclothing.com/produ...E3D8D224B 2CF
"slouchy" lol

now THOSE are cool! :cloud9: i still can't afford them though, even at half-price i'd have to think about it :frustrated:

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 11:07 PM
THESE are my kind of jeans... Prin's kinda jeans (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=XH-205804&page=1&cgname=OSCLOJEAZZZ) :D (only dark denim)

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Ooo or these! (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=XH-197119&page=1&cgname=OSCLOLOWZZZ&rfnbr=2958) Frumptastic! :highfive:

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 11:10 PM
they look so comfy! and they're affordable too, LOL! :D

so... when are we going to see Victoria's Secret stores in Canada? we've been patient enough.. :o

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Not for a lonnng time. They just bought La senza and have to go through that stage where they pretend to not be taking over the market...:D

Peepmouse
January 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Sorry, but I can have my dogs rip up my jeans for $0 if I want to! I can't imagine paying $216 for a ripped pair of jeans!!:eek: Besides, I couldn't even fit one leg into them, let alone the rest of me!
Actually the Victoria's Secret jeans look really comfortable, but I'd have to come down a few sizes to fit into them. At least their prices are reasonable...:thumbs up

Prin
January 5th, 2007, 12:44 AM
lol I'm up a few sizes and they fit me...:o

technodoll
January 5th, 2007, 08:38 AM
i want VS jeans now! :frustrated: thanks for putting that bug in my ear, next time i'm in the states i'll have to find a shop.... :o

hazelrunpack
January 5th, 2007, 09:03 AM
The day I spend more than $30 for a pair of jeans, I've made my hubby promise to get me psychiatric help! :crazy: Any idea how hard 6 muddy dogs can be on jeans? hehehehehe Sweats and cheap jeans...that's what you'll find in my closet! :thumbs up

happycats
January 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
they look so comfy! and they're affordable too, LOL! :D

so... when are we going to see Victoria's Secret stores in Canada? we've been patient enough.. :o

I heard they are opening one up soon ! (Scarborough Town Centre)

Did you check out the price of that ugly T-shirt!!?? $62.00, :eek: should be called "true rip-off" not true religion

cpietra16
January 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM
I'm gladsomeone brought up jeans...does anyone know of any designers that make jeans that go to the waist....I want the waist thing to come back...my bellybutton is getting too cold, it wants to be covered again...anyone out there knows of any jeans that can hide my bellybutton:pray:
AND...lynlyn....can I shop where you shop:o

technodoll
January 5th, 2007, 10:15 AM
nooooo waist jeans :eek: not flattering at all, specially if one has a little pot or love handles... i'm a huge fan of TLC's "what not to wear" and the right jeans fit makes an incredible transformation on anyone. the one thing they prone over and over again is NO-NO with the waist-highs ;) (you can get JUST below the bellybutton though... that can be ok depending on your body type & weight :p )

can you say 80's? :yuck: :D

http://static.flickr.com/25/49237165_e45a7c64a9_m.jpg

Frenchy
January 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM
The day I spend more than $30 for a pair of jeans, I've made my hubby promise to get me psychiatric help!

:thumbs up Hazel, jeans are jeans. $216 is totally ridiculous. I'm so glad I don't care about fashion !

LynLyn
January 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
hehe I have a really rich generous aunt that happens to be the exact same size and body type as I am, she goes shopping once a week, and when she tires of her stuff (happens about 1 every 2 or 3 weeks) She calls me over and I get to pick all the things I want and the rest gets donated/given away to other people.

She normally gives me the jeans and such for free but I feel weird about taking free things even from family that I either pay her for them or buy her kids something really nice.

Puppyluv
January 5th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I have always loved parasucos.... they're pricey but no where near sevens etc. When I was skinny as a bean pole, they gave me a tush, and now that I have a tush, they make it smaller :D I do have to say though, a fit man in nice jeans... mmm. My bro and his workout friends all wear the super nice jeans, and my god his friends look good in them (I'm told my bro looks good in his jeans too, but I don't care to comment on that)

Prin
January 5th, 2007, 03:36 PM
nooooo waist jeans :eek: not flattering at all, specially if one has a little pot or love handles... i'm a huge fan of TLC's "what not to wear" and the right jeans fit makes an incredible transformation on anyone. the one thing they prone over and over again is NO-NO with the waist-highs ;) (you can get JUST below the bellybutton though... that can be ok depending on your body type & weight :p )

can you say 80's? :yuck: :D

http://static.flickr.com/25/49237165_e45a7c64a9_m.jpg

I agree!! Never!! Get longer shirts!

Bearsmom
January 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry but I'd never pay 1/4 of our mortgage payment for jeans! Furthermore, my fat butt would never fit in them.

technodoll
January 5th, 2007, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry but I'd never pay 1/4 of our mortgage payment for jeans!

now THAT is putting things into perspective! :thumbs up

jawert1
January 6th, 2007, 09:46 AM
hehehe good point Bearsmom :thumbs up Down here a few years back, Lucky Jeans were all the insanely priced jeans rave (we have a Lucky store at the mall), so imagine my surprise when I found them for sale at Costco for 39.99USD. If one is patient enough to wait it out, those brands will eventually show up somewhere for some mad discount. :thumbs up

Prin
January 6th, 2007, 11:24 AM
lol (when they're out of style) :D

jawert1
January 6th, 2007, 11:34 AM
hehehe there is that, but these are fairly in line with what's still popular with all the kids ;)

dustybird
January 7th, 2007, 02:37 AM
I think the price of clothes in general is rediculous, especially for jeans and they sure don't make them to last like they use to. I happen to be really cheap when it comes to clothes and because of my job they get recked easily. I personally do all my clothes shopping at valu village I can get a entire wardrobe for 100 bucks and no I don't but my undies there eeew. Most of the clothes are almost new and you can easily find jeans between 4 and 10 bucks. Since I am really short and half to cut so much of them off as they are too long I can't justify spending more. I also won't pay 12 bucks for a t shirt when I can get one for 1-4 dollar's.

I thought we were finally getting to the healthy look being in but we still seem to be getting the waiffer thin look thrown at us constantly, most celebs are already see threw how much skinny can they posibly get. I have read in several men's mags that curves are what they want not a stick figure. The sickly thin look is over and the sooner the powers that be realize it the better we will all be.

We need to start a jiggly butt campain. "My Butt Jiggles and I am OK With That"

Frenchy
January 7th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I think the price of clothes in general is rediculous, especially for jeans and they sure don't make them to last like they use to. I happen to be really cheap when it comes to clothes

Me too, I work too hard for my money and I rather spend it somewhere else.

technodoll
January 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM
if it's not on sale, i rarely buy it... i keep my eye out for bargains and have a pretty decent wardrobe at a reasonable price, i like simple things that mix n'match but will not buy cheap or used items anymore (been there, done that, threw most of it away...). People apparently wear 20% of their clothing 80% of the time so those pieces better be good, LOL! :D