Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello... meet all my babies, especially Hopeful

BlackDog
March 13th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Hello

My name is Jason. I am 17 years old.

I live in Colorado, USA with my cousin, Eric, and his wife, Rachel. I live with them, because the rest of the family are not people you'd like to live with.:o :( :p

My cousin owns a 212 acre farm, and uses it to breed llamas. If you want a website on the basic colorations of llamas, and what colors they breed just ask.

------
SORRY, I JUST MOVED HERE, AND I LOST MY DIGITAL CAMERA, SO I HAVE NO WAY OF POSTING PICTURES.
---------

Anyways, I happen to own a lot of pets.

The cats first.

First is Hopeful, he is a 10 year old blue point siamese cat that I found in a pet-shop as a little tiny kitten. He was so cute back then :D , and he still is now. Hopeful was a very proud cat, a father, and a all round loving animal.

But then sadly, earlier this year, Hopeful was run over by a drunk driver. His hind-legs and his right fore-leg were broken, his spine fractured. It took around $8,000-$10,000 to have the surgery needed to save his life. It took 3 surgeries to get it right.

I never gave up hope on him, because I have known this cat since I was a little child, when I had pneumonia in both my lungs. He never left my side, and I was not about to do the same. It took four months for him to be released back home, and now he just kind of hangs out in the living room. Still happy though.:cool:

Second is Tulip. She is Hopeful's 3 year old daughter. She is a fixed blue point siamese cat. She is very much like her father, in that she'll meow until she gets what she wants.;) Bossy kitty.

Third is Rex. He is Tulip's brother, and Hopeful's son. He is an unfixed lilac point siamese stud cat.

The dogs.

First Spirit. Spirit is a white Boxer, he was born deaf and is now blind. I found Spirit, 3 months ago, when I was helping my cousin's wife find a family dog. He was sitting on the side of a street, a dirty old cord around his neck, and the end of the cord in a man's hands.

Spirit had numerous bite marks, and wound scars covering his body. He was used as a fighting dog until his right eye was ripped out and his left eye damaged somehow.

Despite his inability to see or hear, he is still a part of the family already. He is 3 years old.

Second is Queen. She is a pure-bred red and white Border Collie. She is a real doll, and she knows it. At 6 years of age, when Spirit arrived, she kind of took over a motherly roll. It was cute, and it still is now.

The other four-legged pet.

Shelcka is a Mustang. Her mother was killed by a bunch of idiot kids who shot off a bbgun and spooked the animal out of her wits.

Shelcka's original owner had no back-up horse to help nurse the filly and since this guy lived close to us, he gave Shelcka to us since one of the llamas could act as mother to the little filly.

Now she has grown into a solid black animal of 3 years, with a flaxen mane and tail.

Spoiled
March 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM
:D :D :D Its nice to meet you and your pets!

BlackDog
March 13th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome

Carina
March 13th, 2004, 06:48 PM
BlackDog/Jason, what a neat introduction! I wish you had photos to share. :) I'm glad you've got good people to live with; anyone who takes in so many needy animals must be good people. :)

I used to live in Golden! Does your cousin do backpacking with the llamas? I used to walk my dogs in the Wheatridge trails along Clear Creek & there were some people who did backpacking trips with llamas & took them walking there for socialization. Quite a sight, walking along the trail & here come a couple of big llamas! The dogs were WAY curious about these funny big beasts. :) It would be a real coincidence if that was your cousin's llamas!
I'd like to hear more about them, so go ahead & share.

BlackDog
March 13th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Yes, my cousin used to do that all the time.

If you ever ran into a red and white dog, spotted like a Border Collie, than you ran into my cousin cause he used to keep a red and white Border Collie similar to Queen, in fact they were sisters.

The lead llama, Max, would usually be wearing a blue head collar and the name Maximum Power [if you could get close enough to read it] on the side of the head collar.

He was is called a calico llama.

Here is a picture to get an idea of what he would have looked like.
At the bottom of the page

http://www.llamaweb.com/About/ColorsPics.html

Carina
March 13th, 2004, 07:17 PM
What pretty animals they are! I had no clue there were that many color variations, those "intense appaloosas" are really cool looking.

And how crazy is that...perhaps it was your cousin I saw there in the Wheatridge greenbelt. It was some years back (and I'm getting old so don't remember things that well LOL) but there can't be THAT many people walking llamas in suburban trails!

BlackDog
March 14th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Even if you didn't run into my cousin... mostly the llamas would have been bred by him or someone he knows.

Luba
March 14th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Welcome blackdog and all of your furry and non furry family LOL

wAggie
March 17th, 2004, 10:52 PM
wooooohooo!

now that's some kind of wonderful family! :p

WELCOME!

TalonsMa
March 18th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the board :)