Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am so sad.

nikki4
January 4th, 2007, 02:48 AM
I am so sad. :rip:
My other rattie - Lilly passed away on Dec.22.
My vet suspected a brain tumor. Now both my little babies are gone. I miss them both but the wound on this one is fresh. Sorry for being a downer but most people just don't understand, they thought of them as "just rats... ugh"
Just needed to get it off my chest.
Thanks

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 02:59 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I cried for days when my first rattie died.:( :grouphug:

rainbow
January 4th, 2007, 03:09 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug: :candle:

Maya
January 4th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Aww poor little sweeties.:sad: They each had their own unique nature that you grew to love.:grouphug: We know how much joy our furry friends give us and that they are much much more than "just rats":frustrated:

:candle: :candle::rip:

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry for your loss, nikki. :grouphug: It doesn't matter how small or big they are, furry creatures all have such distinct personalities...and win our hearts. I've never had rats, but I did have two gerbils for a number of years. They, too, died within just a short time of each other. I think it made it harder for me at the time, but now I can picture them together, happily waiting for me...

nikki4
January 6th, 2007, 01:37 AM
I wanted to tell you thank-you for your reply. I know you understand. I guess that's why we belong here isn't it.
The funny thing is all my other fur-babies seemed to understand and tried to comfort me too. Thanks so much.

erykah1310
January 6th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I too am so sorry to hear that your little ratties have passed :sad:
I loved my rat Mrs.Burnsey and when she passed i was incredibly upset. I too heard the "its just a rat" thing, it was horrible to hear. I luved her none the less.
:grouphug:

Lukka'sma
January 6th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I did reply to this in another thread and I am sorry about Lilly and Daisy.

Mrs.Burnsey :
What a great name, I just may have to use that one for my next rodent. I have Sebastian at the moment but know all too well that he won't live forever.

dragon_queen
January 8th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your lovely Lilly.

I've never had a rat as a pet but as a lizard owner I know the feeling of idiots and their stupid comments. Some people are just not smart enough to know love comes in many forms. Pity them.

gerbilgal
February 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM
We all know how you feel about our little furbabies. I cried when I lost my little gerbils Speedy, Gimpy, Cloak, Dagger and my extra special one Digger. Non pet people can say they are just "gerbils". They are not. They become your babies a part of your family. That is why I cherish everyday I spend with my "kids".