Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

99.98% failure

erykah1310
January 4th, 2007, 12:58 AM
After long long long deliberation , number cruching and alternative pet care for the summer.... we have 99.98% decided that..... well, Bailey stays here:o
I went out for coffee with the gurls tonight and when i got back there was some cute pics on my camera... Guy, the one who said... "No Dogs on the new couch" had snapped this picture.
And was since sleeping with Bailey on the couch.
So, now to call the rescue up tomorrow, adopt him properly and send him for some grooming.
We laid out the plans for the dog pen in the back this spring, called some folk to help with last minute pup sitting when we are both working again.
Yup, we are foster failures.:o
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/erykah1310/home.jpg

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 12:59 AM
I'm so happy for you and for Bailey! What a lucky guy! :highfive:

erykah1310
January 4th, 2007, 01:00 AM
The little " mullet man" stole our hearts and wont give it back.:cloud9:

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 01:12 AM
LOL thank dog you noticed that.:D I was sitting here this whole time thinking, "do you think she notices?" :D

erykah1310
January 4th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Noticed what??? The mullet or the heart snatching??? lol:D

TeriM
January 4th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Lucky Bailey :love: . Congrats :thumbs up .

Prin
January 4th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Noticed what??? The mullet or the heart snatching??? lol:D

lol the mullet, of course! :D

erykah1310
January 4th, 2007, 01:16 AM
He fits right in with my "80's hairbands" love! LOL:D

rainbow
January 4th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Wahoo....that's great news :highfive: :cloud9:

Hunter's_owner
January 4th, 2007, 06:32 AM
That's excellent Erykah. You aren't a foster failure, you are just doing what you feel is best for Bailey:thumbs up

He really does have a great mullet on the go;) lol:D

happycats
January 4th, 2007, 07:37 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you and Bailey !

You are not a failure.....just a lover... of a sweet brown eyed mullett headed cutie! :D

mesaana
January 4th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Yay! Congrats!!!:thumbs up

we3beagles
January 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM
You are NOT a foster failure. You are an adoption success story. It happens to every foster home that really loves animals. Yes, it's happened to me as well. Congratulations to both you and him!:D

technodoll
January 4th, 2007, 10:31 AM
talk about an oxymoron! a successful failure! :D

congratulations!

i'm so thrilled for you guys! bailey is one lucky dog, that's for sure... he seems to fit right in, burrs and all :p after he's all groomed and been on good food for a while imagine what he'll look like, from cutiepie to supermodel! :crazy:

Frenchy
January 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM
OMG Erykah ! :highfive: :D :thumbs up :crazy:

hazelrunpack
January 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
OMG--congratulations on the adoption! I knew you could convince her if you just got into enough shrubbery and icky sticky stuff. Once you get them fishing around in the hair around your nether parts, you've captured their hearts! :fingerscr

Oh, congratulations to you too, erykah! :D

Way to go Bailey-meister! :thumbs up

:crazy:

~michelle~
January 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
thats great eryka! i lovehis mullet the80's rock

LL1
January 4th, 2007, 03:16 PM
That little dog is adorable,I am so glad it worked out for you!

chico2
January 4th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Awww Erykah,I am sooooo glad you decided to keep him,I knew your home was perfect for him,look how good he is with the kitty:love:
It's easy to fall in love with those floppy ears and those Cockereyes,I know:dog:

Frenchy
January 4th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Oh and Erykah, when you foster, you are in tittle to keep one for yourself once in a while :D

Smiley14
January 4th, 2007, 07:38 PM
:cloud9: Oh, I have to admit, this makes me really happy! Bailey just seemed to fit in so well with your family! I'm so happy he gets to stay now and that he has found his forever home!!! He looks quite happy and satisfied up on that couch. LOL! I just keep remembering how terrified he was the day you got him and how he relied on Charlie so much. What a different dog he already is today! Such a testament to your love and care! Yay for Bailey!!! And congrats to you!!! :D

meb999
January 6th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I can't believe I missed this thread!!

CONGRATS!

I'm so thrilled for you, this truely is GREAT news!

BTW, Buster was my first foster dog....

Skryker
January 6th, 2007, 02:50 PM
I missed this one, too-Congrats to Bailey and erykah!:thumbs up

jawert1
January 6th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Congrats erykah, he fits right in with your family and btw, the new hair cut on him makes him look so regal :) :love:

pamha
January 7th, 2007, 01:11 AM
I`m sorry, I missed a couple of days. What happened with the other cocker boy?
Congrats! He is a cutie. Glad he fits in with the rest of your crew.

Prin
January 7th, 2007, 01:14 AM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=34095&page=2
post 32- he got adopted.:)

glasslass
January 7th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Glad I didn't miss this thread either! Terrific news! Cockers are such sweeties. Your heart wouldn't have gotten stolen if you didn't have such a great big loving one!

Peepmouse
January 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
That's awesome Erykah!:D :party: :):highfive: I guess Bailey knew if he flashed those beautiful Spaniel eyes that you wouldn't be able to resist! He is such a sweetie!:cloud9: He reminds me a lot of my lake neighbor's cocker, Buster :rip: :( He was a rescue too! Bailey looks like he's made himself quite at home already...:thumbs up I'm happy you took him in.

erykah1310
January 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Its 100% now... The rescue approved and all is said and done! :thumbs up
Took a while to get the dog I already had :D but he's now legally mine!:D Off to licence him tomorrow morning!:D

TeriM
January 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Just curious, did you have to pay the rescue for him?

erykah1310
January 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I dont have to pay the adoption fee for him, actually they didnt request anything for him.
However I am going to pay back the dog food that went on the account. I feel its just fair. :shrug: Other doggies are gonna need that food too, so since we decided to keep B-bop it just feels to me like it was wrong to tab the food.
Hope you understand what im trying to say here.:o They offered to get his vaccinations done too through them but I declined... again, other dogs are gonna need that resource, I'll take care of B!

Rottielover
January 8th, 2007, 06:12 PM
YA, isn't it a great feeling....enjoy eachother

phoenix
January 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM
congratulations Erykah, that's wonderful!

Frenchy
January 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I'm so happy for you (and Bailey!) when I adopted Sam (he was my foster for 3 months without anyone inquiring about him) some people from the rescue answer my e-mail with this = "cheez, we didn't see that one coming!" :rolleyes: I think they knew before I did that I was going to keep him ! :o Oh, and don't forget his "gotcha" day date !

OntarioGreys
January 8th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Congrats!!! :thumbs up
Some animals are simply keepers, if you would have let hm go it would have ate at you for years

erykah1310
January 9th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Congrats!!! :thumbs up
Some animals are simply keepers, if you would have let hm go it would have ate at you for years

Its true, it would have ate at me for a long time....:lovestruck: weird how they come into your life and make such an impression sometimes. I cant imagine him leaving, it would be like one of the others leaving:sad:
For Puppy it was as soon as he managed to step into my car that first day that I knew he was never leaving for another home.
Meik and Kita same thing. However B it was different, took a bit longer... perhaps cause i was trying to convince myself???:shrug:

Mahealani770
January 10th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'm so happy for you, Bailey and Charlie, Erykah...have fun! :cloud9: