Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Add on *****

coppperbelle
January 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM
I was just looking thru *** I don't know why I go there because I get so angry every time I do. Someone is selling their vacuum cleaner for $70.00 and giving away their 4 year old dog. The vacuum has only been used for 5 months and they are moving to a place with no carpeting. The dog they no longer have time for after 4 years. What a sad state this world is in when we sell objects but give away living creatures.

brandynva
January 3rd, 2007, 08:39 PM
Aww that's sad. There's an ad in my local paper for a FREE AKC registered black lab 2 yr old and her 8 mos old puppy. :sad: And another one for free lab pups that are pound bound if nobody adopts them "soon." I want to scoop them all up but I can't. :sad: I do have a friend looking to adopt so I'm pointing her on those directions. I know she'll be a good mommy.

technodoll
January 3rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
coppperbelle, going through the ads in that site is a real torture. it breaks your heart in pieces... i saw that ad you were talking about last night actually. if you search "akita" you will see an ad for petsitting "chez francine" and click her other ads, you will see some absolute horrors. talk about a byb puppymill with no respect for the living creatures she pawns... that is where maika's father is. to this day i cannot believe anyone would go there to breed their dogs. it makes me want to vomit :sick:

coppperbelle
January 3rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
It makes me crazy to read some of the postings. I have avoided it for a long time but tonight I was looking to see if anyone had posted they found a golden.
I wonder if these people really don't have a clue or are completely heartless. A vet once told me that the mentality of Quebecers had to be changed. I don't know if this is true of other provinces but I do know that here in Quebec animals are often treated as objects easily disposed of and replaced with younger, cuter pets.

joeysmama
January 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
animals are often treated as objects easily disposed of and replaced with younger, cuter pets.

I know what you mean. It's like the "pet of the month club" Just toss them aside and get something younger, smaller, cuter, whatever. Some people haver more emotional attachment to their old shoes than to living creatures.:frustrated:

Frenchy
January 3rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
I used to look at these adds everyday, lespac and kijiji (got one or two foster dogs that way) and I responded to people who had dogs to give or the ones who sold unspayed females. But I can't do it anymore. I get too mad after a few minutes. :mad: When you see adds from people who wants an x-box in exchange for their dogs, makes me sick to my stomach.

technodoll
January 3rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
I'd say 9 out of 10 of the ads in the pets section SUCK :mad: so many cruel, ignorant and heartless people posting there... UUGGHHH!

Frenchy
January 3rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Yep, BYB dreamland. :mad:

~michelle~
January 4th, 2007, 01:42 AM
comon guys didnt you know we should all trade our dogs in for whatever new pet paris hilton or hilary duff have this month its what the cool kids do.:rolleyes: it makes me sad to look on there.
there are a couple of good ones in ont. some rescues post there (reputable ones) but there are alot of gross ads too.