Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Furminator

Lukka'sma
January 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Does anyone here use this grooming tool. They sell for $68.00 here and I just don't want to buy one if the results arent really all that different than a regular brushing. What is it about this brush,comb that makes it so expensive and are they a must have for long thick fur?

mummummum
January 3rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
A while back I asked the same thing. A few folks LUUUUUVED it. Others not so much. I bought one and ended up taking it back. My dogs are double/ triple coated coated and feathery and truly, I did better with a plain old comb at removing dead hair. I can't say it's worth buying.

we3beagles
January 3rd, 2007, 11:24 PM
I guess it really depends on what kind of doggie you have. It works super on my beagles. I have never had such fur flying as when I got the furminator. I was amazed.

White Wolf
January 3rd, 2007, 11:49 PM
Here is another thread on this subject that might help:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31687

angeldogs
January 4th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Our pet store sell them in different sizes.they used the small one on Ben near his backend and with just 3 short strokes she got a handfull of fur.and you could see where it was done.we are going to pick one up hopefully soon worked good.

coppperbelle
January 4th, 2007, 07:26 AM
I was in Walmart in the U.S. last week and noticed they sell an imitation one for only about $10.00.

JanM
January 4th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I use the furminator on my two Goldens and I must admit the hair that comes out of them is something to behold. In fact, I was getting worried that this tool might be taking out all the "good" hair because there was so much. I still use it and am impressed with it. When I do a really thorough job on them, there's very little hair around the house for a few days so that makes it worthwhile for me.