Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

When to book my last minute vacation...

PetFriendly
January 3rd, 2007, 05:40 PM
Can anyone help me out here? I'm looking to book a vacation to Cuba starting January 26th and returning February 2nd. I've been looking at the last minute sites, but I'm wondering, are prices as low as they are going to get or will waiting until next week yield cheaper results?

As an aside, there are three of us sharing a room and we are flying (or intending to anyway) out of Ottawa. My preference is to go to either Cayo Coco or Varadero, as we are going for rest and relaxation, not cultural development :p .

I have my PM abilities turned on if you prefer to comunicate that way... Any opinions are welcome!

wdawson
January 3rd, 2007, 06:12 PM
are you booking an all inclusive package? or seperate air\hotel.........if its all inclusive you may end up paying an extra fee.....they usually base price on double occupancy.....and not by the person.......i would book a week in advance and get cancellation insurance...just in case

PetFriendly
January 3rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
We're doing the all inclusive thing.

I know you pay extra if you are only going to be one person to a room, but some resorts will allow up to three adults in a room... So that's what we're looking for.

Do you think there will still be selection a week in advance? (and yes, we all have travel insurance which covers cancellations, etc)

Prin
January 3rd, 2007, 06:20 PM
You should see about leaving from Montreal or Toronto instead. That might cut the costs a lot, even if you have to bus it for a bit... :shrug:

PetFriendly
January 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
I thought of that, but trying to figure out which bus to take and when to get to Montreal is a little confusing... I checked out the plane, its $500 return to fly to TO... We'd drive, but the idea of driving 2-5 hours after having sat in a plane for over 3 hours isn't appealing.

jiorji
January 3rd, 2007, 07:59 PM
lol you won't make it to TO in 2 hours:rolleyes:

don't wait until last minute or your tickets will be gone.

PetFriendly
January 4th, 2007, 06:17 AM
lol you won't make it to TO in 2 hours:rolleyes:

Toronto is about 5 hours from here, Montreal is the 2 hour travel distance.

Are you talking about regular plane tickets or vacation packages?

4thedogs
January 4th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Cuba All-Inclusive Deals "Looks like a good one"
Holguin, Cayo Coco, Varadero.
Great vacation deals, lowest price!
www.HolidayMarketTravel.com
Quebec

West Jets (Official Site)
Save up to 50% off Canada and
U.S. Travel with West Jets
WestJet.ca

Seat Sale Flights
All Canadian Airlines - Compare
Security & Comfort of an Agency
www.FlightNetwork.com

50% Off Winter Seat Sale
Save 50% for travel Jan 9-March 7
to the US & Canada. Today Only!
www.westjet.com

Cayo Coco Hot Deals "Looks like a good one"
All-Inclusive Packages
110% Low price guarantee!
CanadianTravel.com http://canadiantravel.com/
Quebec

4thedogs
January 4th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I looked at the 1st one I posted and it looks like if you are looking at 4 star or better you have limited options and will need to book today in order to get a good deal on a trip. I went into the last minute option and where it asks date of departure it will only give the 27th as the next available date but when you click through and scroll down it will show what is left for the 26th.
Checked the last one also and it looks like you could find what you are looking for.

PetFriendly
January 4th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the links, I hadn't come across the Holiday Market Travel one yet.

We are open to travel on the 26th, which opens up alot more options. If Only there was a cheap and easy way to get to Montreal, Prin is right, there are more to choose from and they are cheaper.

PetFriendly
January 5th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Well, we're booked. It just so happened that there was a deal of the day for the resort we wanted so we took it, the prices might come down, but the travel agent also said there was a real chance the plane would be full before that.

I leave January 26th and can't wait!

Prin
January 5th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Woo!! Don't forget to post some pics to make us all envious when you get back.:D Have fun!:cloud9:

PetFriendly
January 5th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Now if it could only get good and cold here in Ottawa... Nah, what am I saying, a whole week of all the food and booze I want where the only decisions I'll have to make is what to add to the rum, and where to read my book :p

I'll be sure to post some pics, and if by chance anyone here will be in Cayo Coco on or after the 26th, pm me!