Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

inquiry about bailey

erykah1310
January 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
I just checked my emails and ..... :sad: someone is interested in Bailey..:(
I forwarded an application out to them ( well more of a questionaire) Its so bitter sweet and i havent even gotten the app back:o
On one hand... i would love for this to be the perfect home for him. End all his trubbles with rehoming.
but on the other.... I'll miss him so.:sad:
Its so hard.

Toonces
January 2nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
erykah1310 I really feel for you, it is so hard giving up a foster but you will know if it is right, so many torn feelings ......no home will ever be better than yours and you worry about how he will adjust but if it is the right home he will be just fine, you will know, your gut will tell you big hugs to you for all you have done for Bailey. I have done it 6 times now and for me atleast it never gets easier but the feedback and pics from the new parents really help alot:grouphug:

coppperbelle
January 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Yup it is hard to let them go. Go with your feelings and if it feels right let him go. If not keep him until the right person comes along.

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
:grouphug: If it's the right match, he'll be so fortunate--if it's not, he's still fortunate to have you. For Bailey, it's a win-win situation--but it's harder for you :grouphug:

Hats off to all you fosters who offer your hearts and homes to those in need and connect them with their forever homes...

t.pettet
January 2nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
If you have even the tiniest doubt that this will not be a great new home for him then listen to your instincts, maybe he was meant to be a keeper.

cpietra16
January 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
erykah1310, please listen to your gut feeling. I had a few people interested in the 2 sisters and I only had 1 good feeling and I went with it...the best home I could ever imagine...even better than mine. So please listen to your gut...as soon as you meet people you will have "the" feeling, trust me...

rainbow
January 2nd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Erykah, like the others have said "listen to your gut". You knew with Charlie and you'll know with Bailey.......but it will be hard on you. :grouphug:

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2007, 10:50 PM
Looks like everything has been said. I know how you feel. Make sure it's the right family for him, if not, keep him for a little while longer...:D

Prin
January 3rd, 2007, 01:41 AM
:grouphug: Good luck all around. :grouphug:

chico2
January 3rd, 2007, 07:59 AM
Erykah,I did not even know you did fostering before Charlie and Bailey and I realize people who do so,do it because they love animals and I understand finding them a wonderful home is what it is all about.
But it must be incredibly hard,I suppose you can never be 100% sure,how people are going to be like,an enormous responsabilty..
But like everyone says,follow your instincts,I am sure you are in no rush to give up beautiful little Bailey:dog:

we3beagles
January 3rd, 2007, 02:05 PM
I feel you baby. I second guessed my instincts once and that will never happen again. If I have even a twinge it is a no. You'll know what's best. At least Bailey has such a great guardian angel guarding him. Imagine where he would be without you. :angel:

mummummum
January 3rd, 2007, 10:19 PM
You are so ....brave.
I know I couldn't do it ~ I'd keep every one.
But on the other hand, I have Declan because a Rescue trusted me.