Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Laser Pointers

Byrd
January 1st, 2007, 06:02 PM
I got Willow a laser pointer because my friend's dogs go nuts over it. Well, she's too smart for it, she'll chase it for a second then look up at my hand and just watch my hand, she knows where it's coming from. :crazy: Darn smart dogs!!!

rainbow
January 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah, it's only the cats that don't catch on at my house.

jesse's mommy
January 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
Jesse doesn't fall for the laser pointer, but she does fall for the alarm clock that projects onto the ceiling. She goes crazy. I tell her "get the ghost" and she starts jumping up and down on the bed trying to get it. :D

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
LOL That's cute.

My friend's dogs loooove the laser pointer. She asks them if they wanna play sparkies and they go nuts and chase it all over. Willow did it for a few minutes then caught on and wondered what was in mom's hand. :shrug:

Stacer
January 14th, 2007, 03:23 PM
My cats come running the second I pick up the laser pointer, it's on a chain and they hear the jingling and know what's going on. It's funny cause I'll have no idea where they are and I'll pick it up as quietly as I can and all of a sudden there they are, waiting to play.

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM
HAHA Cool! Great way to do a head count.

erykah1310
January 14th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Kita is OBSESSED with laser pointers, she knows dang well where it is coming from because she looks at my hand from time to time. But still goes NUTS when i point it .

Meik couldnt be bothered. He looks at me as if to say " your a freak, why would i chase that around like a fool" :shrug:

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 03:40 PM
" your a freak, why would i chase that around like a fool" :shrug:

That seems to be what Willow is saying too, or "you really think I'm that dumb?"

erykah1310
January 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Aussies are much like Borders... too dang smart sometimes ( well most of the time) Do you find it hard to keep Willow stimulated and interested on a daily basis?

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Not really, but that's called "spending a couple hundred a month on training". We have so much homework on a daily basis that we work our brains every night.

erykah1310
January 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Meik isnt very welcome in school. Hes a bully:sad:
You should PM your homework on to me... we can do it too.:D

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
LOL it would cost ya. ;)

erykah1310
January 14th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Hook me up with a paypal acct.... :D
I really wish he tolerated "dogs in school" better. They want him muzzled ( which i totally understand) but it breaks my heart to see him muzzled.:sad:

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 04:55 PM
:eek: What on earth does he do?!?!?!

erykah1310
January 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM
He turns into CUJO!:eek: He pays NO attention to me or the class and just tries to fight. :o He successfully graduated level one obeidience, but it was a close call.

Byrd
January 14th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Have you spoken to someoen about private lessons, or maybe try a Halti/Gentle Leader? We had to put a gentle leader on Willow - tight to get her through the first 10 minutes of our obedience class on Saturday. She was freaky deaky because of the other dogs, but once that went on she paid attention to me.

Right now our main focus is proving I'm boss and attention. At this very second she is quietly laying at my feet, and will continue to lay there until I tell her otherwise. It feels good to have more control. I have to start to realize that she's a dog , I have to quit babying her. I admit that the dominence problems are my fault.