Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Snoring cats?

erykah1310
January 1st, 2007, 03:35 PM
I have never heard of a cat snoring before, however Larry is a snoring cat?
There has been this weird "hrmmrmr" sound that we have heard nightly for the past few months but could never find:shrug: Last night, it was REALLY loud so we went on a hunt to find it.....
It was Larry!:eek: Snoring like crazy. I touched him to wake him up and he looked at me weird sighed and went back to snoring...:shrug:
Its cute... funky little kitty snores.
Anyone else have snoring kitties???

Frenchy
January 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Not mine !

Mocha's mum
January 1st, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yup! Our little kitten Mutton occasionally snores as well. But it's kind of a high-pitched rhythmic sound; kind of like she has a booger in her nose, and she's breathing around it! Ha ha ha! :D Sometimes it wil sound more like a snore, but never really loud. I'll hear something, and then have to turn down the radio and really pay attention, and then I'll hear it again. It's kind of cute, actually. Hee hee!

rainbow
January 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
My Siamese X snores sometimes.

chico2
January 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Oh Yeah,my Rocky snores really loud,it's kind of cute though:cat:
At first I thought he had a breathing-problem,asked the vet and he is perfectly fine...just a snorer:love:

erykah1310
January 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
It is adorable, now that we know what the noise is :D Kinda baffled us for a while but all under control now. I didnt know that cats snored, learn something new everyday

Hunter's_owner
January 1st, 2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, my room-mate's cat snores as well.

I didn't know cats snored either, and one night I kept hearing a noise. I muted the tv and realized it was the cat:D

wdawson
January 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
all my furries snore at some point.......but my wife drowns them out..or is that me....nah must be her:D

jessi76
January 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
yup, all of mine snore too. with the 2 cats, the dog, and my finace, all snoring, I need earplugs.

mireland
January 8th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I was the same way - looking everywhere for the noise and finally realized it was Garfield sawing logs. His sounds more like making love than snoring - uuummmm, uuuummmm, uuuuummmmm
BAWHAHAHAHA!