Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

True colours of BSL

Rottielover
December 31st, 2006, 10:33 AM
Had permission to crosspost this.
In this video, it is not only the rottweiler or the pitbull , but the true colours of what breeds affected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZ6p2rfE4c

Byrd
December 31st, 2006, 10:58 AM
K, I'm totally out of the loop, what exactly does BSL stand for, I know what it is, but not what the abbreviation is for.

~michelle~
December 31st, 2006, 11:01 AM
oh i hate BSLs!!!!! and one of the unfortunate parts is noone can even wager a guess at to how many animals will be effected. no only purebreds, but unknown mixed breed shelter dogs if they even look like they may be part of the banned breed will suffer the consequences as well. :sad:

wdawson
December 31st, 2006, 01:00 PM
did anyone notice neville....the canine officer....he is one of ontario's outcasts.

jawert1
December 31st, 2006, 03:47 PM
Byrd, I believe this stands for Breed Specific Legislation though I'm sure there are other euphemisms for it ;) Any Ontarians, please correct me if I've got it wrong :)

chico2
December 31st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Thank's Rottielover that was a very well done video:thumbs up

~michelle~
December 31st, 2006, 04:13 PM
jawert you are right BSL= breed specific legislation (or the bulls***t law)

Byrd
December 31st, 2006, 05:56 PM
Aaahhh okay, thanks. As I'm reading it everytime I see BSL I try to decipher it and didn't know exactly what it stood for... makes sense now. Thanks.

Though I like "Bull**** Law" better.

LynLyn
December 31st, 2006, 07:16 PM
I don't understand how these laws are being passed. Do people not see it for what it is? Racism? Here we are a nation that preaches and preaches about equality, and yet we are destroying animals because they are of a specific breed. This sucks. Makes part of me wish that I was still ignorant of this and didn't know it was happening. Ignorance is bliss huh? Darn government:mad:

mummummum
January 3rd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Very powerful visuals with the doggies ~ I only wish that folks who made these educational videos would slow down their TYPE. You need to know your audience.

twisten
January 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Did they pass a breed ban law in Ontario and Quebec? I know they were trying to but I don't know if it was passed or not. If so what breeds were banned and how would they enforce something like that? I think the owners should be held responsible for how their animals behave, not the animals.

~michelle~
January 5th, 2007, 05:34 PM
pitbulls are banned in ontario and there are some cities throughout the country have bylaws on BSL

Rottielover
January 5th, 2007, 06:08 PM
some cities in quebec do have a rottweiler and pitbull ban, but I have seen some in the cities that are banned, so I do not think they enforce as harsh as ONT

twisten
January 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM
So what happened to the pit bulls that were there?