Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A stray dog

chico2
December 30th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I just saw what I assume to be a lost dog:sad:
I ran out in my slippers:eek: armed with a bag of leftover turkey,got within 2 feet of him and he took off,no collar,looked really strange,like a mix of Husky and Australian sheperd...grey,black and white,long bushy tail,quiet large,but skinny:sad:
As I could not go after him,I called HS and they are coming down to try to get him...I hope they do:fingerscr poor doggie:sad:
Anybody here missing a dog fitting that description??

Frenchy
December 30th, 2006, 05:00 PM
That sucks Chico2 :sad: But you did your best. Either animal control will catch him or someone else will try....happen to me twice since I moved out here. Both times I drove around with a leash and collar in the car. They were too scared :( I know have a spare leash in the car just in case. Let's hope this doggy lets people help him :fingerscr

erykah1310
December 30th, 2006, 11:58 PM
I hope someone helps him, thanks for trying Chico:angel:

Toonces
December 31st, 2006, 07:03 AM
aww the poor guy, hope he is caught soon, kudos to you for trying that is more than most would do.

chico2
December 31st, 2006, 07:30 AM
Thank's girls,but I did not do anything,other than strenghtening the neighbors suspicion I am a nutcase:D running out in my slippers with a bag of food..
Hubby thinks it might have been a Coyote:eek: but I don't think so,not with those colours.
He was tearing apart some garbagebags on the side of the road..
I was not even thinking Coyote,they don't usually come down here and it was around 4pm..
Would I have looked like a fool if I put a Coyote in my backyard:eek:
I know most of the dogs in my neighborhood,I know he was not from here...I saw the HS-van driving around slowly,hopefully they found him:fingerscr whether he was a dog or Coyote:fingerscr

Golden Girls
December 31st, 2006, 08:26 AM
:fingerscr thanks for trying, at least HS is on the look out < -- pretty fast :thumbs up

chico2
December 31st, 2006, 08:34 AM
GG,our Oakville HS has always been very quick in responding to anything,I've got a great admiration for them and all they do:thumbs up

Prin
December 31st, 2006, 12:17 PM
Good luck to the doggy! So many doggies run away during the holidays. :(

rainbow
December 31st, 2006, 12:40 PM
Fingers crossed for the poor guy. :fingerscr

chico2
January 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
Well,I saw him again last night,obviously HS did not get him,he went to the same garbage-bags for food..I again went outside,a couple of young men walked towards him,I called out"Grab him,please!!"
But I guess he was growling at them so they let him go,I am keeping an eye out tonight,saved some roast-beef from dinner,see if I can lure him in to my backyard:fingerscr
I have a feeling,he might belong to someone who just lets him out the frontdoor,otherwise,why would he stick around???

rainbow
January 1st, 2007, 05:39 PM
Probably because he's getting food from the same garbage. Good luck with the roast beef. :fingerscr

chico2
January 2nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Rainbow,I did not see him last night and to be absolutely honest,not having much experience with dogs,I will be a little cautious if I get the chance to get close to him...
Tonight I'll leave the food out in my driveway,both times he passed by my driveway...if nothing else,he'll have a good meal,hopefully he'll be friendly:fingerscr

erykah1310
January 2nd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Good luck chico :pray: thanks again for caring so much

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
saved some roast-beef from dinner.....why would he stick around???

Because he knows your house,someone told him that , in this house, someone cares a lot for animals , he knows he'll be getting something good...like roast beef. Good luck Chico2. :fingerscr

chico2
January 2nd, 2007, 04:20 PM
Tomorrow is garbage day and if he comes back,there will be many bags to chose from,if he comes back I'll do all that I can to talk nicely to him lure him in to my backyard.
Unfortunately that's all I can do and give him food and water,I cannot take him in the house,but I will call HS to come and pick him up,I know he'll be safe there...
But I still have to see him again and catch him:fingerscr any advice??other than the roastbeef?

rainbow
January 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
If he's unapproachable you are doing all you can do. Good luck. :fingerscr

Toonces
January 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Good luck Chico, you are doing the best that you can, hopefully he will take the bait:fingerscr

Toonces
January 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Rainbow not to thread jack but you are in BC, that is where my stepkids live they are here for the holidays! Georgous place we go about 4 times a yr to visit them between their visits here, mountians are amaxing!!

rainbow
January 3rd, 2007, 12:20 AM
:offtopic: :sorry: Yes, we love it here and could not live anywhere else......I would miss the mountains too much. :cloud9: