March 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I've read conflicting info regarding giving your dog grapes. Some say they're as deadly as onions and chocolate, but yet Nutrience makes a type of grape flavoured treat for dogs. Before I knew about this, I did give my dog grapes (as well as these grape flavoured treats) and he loves them. There didn't seem to be any adverse reaction, but now I'm wondering if I should give him any more. He loves other fruits as well, like apples and pears. Does anyone have any good, solid information on this?
The net is a wonderful source of information, but how do you know what's accurate?
March 11th, 2004, 04:39 PM
My dogs get grapes.They love them.
Mind you I don't give them alot.A few once a week.
It's the seeds that are toxic to dogs.So just make sure you take the seeds out first.Or get the seedless ones.:D
March 11th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks Mona! So it's the seeds that are toxic? Whew!!! That's a relief!! My little guy weighs only 4 lbs. and his mouth is tiny, so I always break up the grapes and take out any seeds anyway (if they aren't seedless). He actually ends up only getting maybe 2 or 3 grapes in total, and we don't have them too often at all.
March 11th, 2004, 05:01 PM
And your little guy is such a cutie.:D
I don't know why anyone would give that cutie up.
Their loss,your gain.:)
March 11th, 2004, 05:07 PM
One more thing,do not give him Avocado.
Apparently it's very toxic to dogs.
March 11th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks Mona! You're the best! I don't eat Avocado myself so I don't buy them (I live alone - except for Cheech of course!), so there's no danger of that!
March 11th, 2004, 05:14 PM
That's what I'm here for..:D
And trust me,I have learned alot from the lovely ladies on here.:D