Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need someone to say NO....

JanM
December 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
do not bring that beautiful stumpy Manx cat home.. Please someone - help me out here! I went to the SPCA yesterday and they have a female stumpy Manx - jet black with a tiny white bib - the spitting image of Shadow - my resident rumpy Manx. She is on meds for another week then she will be available for adoption. Manx are the most interesting cats I've ever met - but I don't need another one... I have two Golden Retrievers too.

So please - convince me I must not do this...

jesse's mommy
December 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM
:rolleyes: Hmmmm......

:party: YES!:party:

brandynva
December 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM
lol Jesse's Mommy..

Jan, when I am faced with this dilemma I start thinking about vet costs, food costs, kenneling or arranging care when I'm out of town. More possible medical problems. That generally dissuades me from taking on more than I can handle. If you feel like you can handle it, then go for it! Good luck!

cpietra16
December 29th, 2006, 09:08 PM
This is not the right place to ask for a "don't take in another cat"...:D there is always room for a cat you were ment to come across...the lord works in mysterious ways:D :cloud9: :thumbs up

joeysmama
December 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, this isn't the place to go iyou want to be talked OUT of adopting a pet. We not only think you should go get her, but we want to see pictures when you do !!

roxieandsabrina
December 29th, 2006, 10:25 PM
If you feel it would be a good match then I say go for it! I am the one who wanted another one after just getting Sabrina a few weeks ago! I love cats and dogs and hubby doesn't like cats at all! SOOO I had to take Sabrina into the clinic at our shelter and ended up wondering thru the shelter, only to come home with another cat! SOOO don't ask me to tell ya no, I say yes yes if you think it would be good for you and your other animals.:cat:

Frenchy
December 30th, 2006, 12:00 AM
This is not the right place to ask for a "don't take in another cat"...:D

I'm afraid cpietra is right ! :D I do what Brandy does , I think of all the $$$$$ it's going to cost.

JanM
December 30th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Well, I kinda figured noone would say no - guess I'm looking for "proof" that I should get her! She is on meds and won't be available until the end of next week so I have until then to think about it. I am concerned that Shadow may not accept another cat - he is wonderful with the dogs but with other cats in the neighbourhood, well, it might be touch and go. I'll just wait and think it over... She sure is pretty though... the additional cost is definitely a consideration too.

Thanks everyone!

cpietra16
December 30th, 2006, 08:05 PM
:cloud9: .........there was a reason you were meant to see and meet each other....it's the power of the one's above:cloud9:..... the kittie angels looking after one another:love: :cat: :D

erykah1310
December 30th, 2006, 11:39 PM
vet costs get me everytime.... :rolleyes:
but if you REALLY feel that it was meant to be.....

Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs up

rainbow
December 31st, 2006, 03:23 PM
Did you go to the SPCA to specifically see her? Or, do you always stop by there? Either way, I think it was meant to be and can't wait to see the pics. :D

Frenchy
December 31st, 2006, 04:01 PM
I think it was meant to be

Yes, yes, it's always meant to be ! ;)

chico2
December 31st, 2006, 04:13 PM
I usually go in to HS with blinders on,quickly drop off what I am donating and quickly leave,but always in tears...
beeing the wuzz that I am:sad:and not able to take any more cats..
I have never introduced 2 adult cats to each other and 2 dogs,I am sure it would take some time and patience,but I am also sure you have already decided to get her,you just needed some encouragment and you got it:thumbs up

cpietra16
December 31st, 2006, 04:17 PM
Don't worry Chico, you're not a wuzz, you just haven't met your soul kittie...it will come....it will come....it always comes to the cat lovers of the world:D

JanM
December 31st, 2006, 06:00 PM
No, I did not go to the SPCA to see her. My friend wanted to go to look at cats - she wants to adopt an adult cat that needs a new home. She saw one that she really liked but her husband didn't agree - her favourite was a long-haired beautiful gray cat - he wants short hair. Go figure. Just in conversation with the staff I happened to mention my male Manx cat and she happened to mention that they had a female manx - and they truly are the spitting image of one another! Sheesh.. we'll see what happens next week when she is available for adoption.

Hope everyone has a very happy new year!

rainbow
January 1st, 2007, 12:52 PM
Hope to see pics of your "twins" soon. ;) :D :fingerscr