Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello Everyone

Rhonda H.
December 29th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Hi, I am new to the site. My name is Rhonda H. I am married with 2 grown kids. I recently move to the city after living on a farm for 25 yrs. I have owned horses, goats, dogs and cats. I currently have 4 dogs. Pogo is a 5 yr old dalmatian mix, Cali is a 8 yr old yellow female lab, Riley is a 5 yr old beagle, and Buddy is a corgi mix. I also own 3 cats. Tiger a long haired orange cat, Petey a long hair gray and orange tiger cat and Baby May a short haired gray and orange tiger. Everyone is spayed and neutered. :) They all live in side with my husband and me. I love all animals, even snakes. Much to the despair of my hubby , who is afraid of snakes. LOL Thanks for letting me join. Rhonda H.

hazelrunpack
December 29th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Wow, another Wisconsinite! Welcome to the board! If you have pictures it's an absolute must that you post them! :D We're all picture junkies here :o

~michelle~
December 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM
welcome :) and yes photos please :D :D :D

OntarioGreys
December 29th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Hello there, you brought the farm with you to the city :D How is your herd adjusting to city life now?

glasslass
December 29th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Welcome! I'm also looking forward to pics!

Rhonda H.
December 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Everyone is adjusting fine. It took the cats a few days longer than the dogs, but they have now come around. The only problem I am having with the dogs, is with the yellow lab. She won't walk on the hardwood floors, which I have in the kitchen and living room. I have put carpet runners down, but I can't cover the whole floor with them. She also never learned how to do stairs, so that is a problem now to, because we have a deck that they have to use to go out and she jumps from the top and we have to pick her up and put her back on the deck when she is done. And that isn't easy, because she weighs 85 pds. Oh well I guess she is to old to learn new things. LOL , Rhonda :pawprint:

Frenchy
December 30th, 2006, 01:37 AM
wow ! What a nice LARGE animal family ! I would love to see pics if you have some to share !

Prin
December 30th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Wow, indeed! That's a lot of energy flying around! How do you do it? :o :D

BMDLuver
December 30th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Welcome to the board! Big change from living on the farm to the city. Your lab might in time get used to it all. We get dogs in all the time that have never lived in a house and eventually they want to be with the family more than the uncertainty of new things and just go for it.

OntarioGreys
December 30th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Everyone is adjusting fine. It took the cats a few days longer than the dogs, but they have now come around. The only problem I am having with the dogs, is with the yellow lab. She won't walk on the hardwood floors, which I have in the kitchen and living room. I have put carpet runners down, but I can't cover the whole floor with them. She also never learned how to do stairs, so that is a problem now to, because we have a deck that they have to use to go out and she jumps from the top and we have to pick her up and put her back on the deck when she is done. And that isn't easy, because she weighs 85 pds. Oh well I guess she is to old to learn new things. LOL , Rhonda :pawprint:

Invest in a dog harness then you can walk her up and down the stairs suitcase style, holding the harness till she becomes comfortable on her own.

Alot of people use this method with track greyhounds they adopted, it beats trying to carry them ;)

rainbow
December 30th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. That's quite the fur family you have there. Can't wait to see pics of them all.