Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

nipping chi puppy

twisten
December 28th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Brie is starting to nip when she plays and those little teeth are razor sharp!! I keep telling her no in a firm voice and replace my foot, hand, nose, shoe etc. with one of her new chew toys but she usually comes right back to me. Is there anything else I should be doing to stop this? She is exactly 3 months old today.

saracrna
January 10th, 2007, 10:49 AM
My husband and I recently adopted a 10 week 4 lb bolognese puppy and have the same problem. I am looking for the same answers and will repost when I find something that works. Please do the same and good luck!

jessi76
January 10th, 2007, 10:56 AM
if you both search this forum for biting, nipping, etc, you will come up with ALOT of posts - and alot of recent ones with plenty of suggestions. I suggest searching because the regular members here often repeat the same techniques over and over for this particular issue. There are tons of different techniques that have been offered in other posts - you're sure to find one that will work for you.

let us know if you can't find a helpful suggestion though! everyone here offers great advice, and most have been through that aggrevating "nippy" stage at one time or another.

saracrna
January 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
thanks for your help!