Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yup Im definately an out of the closet geek now.

erykah1310
December 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I was on the phone with a good friend of mine a while ago, and Guy came in from doing groceries... I was putting them away and in one of the boxes i saw a whole load of chicken (dog food chicken) I got all excited and said in an oh so grateful way... " Awww, he got me some chicken for the dogs" My friend on the other end busted a gut laffing her @ss of at me... She said between breaths.." Wow, doesnt take much to impress you now does it?"
:o It just kinda slipped out... So for sure , now i am definately busted...:o Im a geek!:D

joeysmama
December 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Hah !! One person's idea of "geek" is another person's definition of a good doggie mommy !! :)

erykah1310
December 28th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Sadly too many people see more of a geek than anything... but its alright... I kinda self proclaimed myself a geek this summer...
For some reason I kept saying that for a few weeks.... " Im a geek and im kewl with it" lol:rolleyes:

Prin
December 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM
No, that's not a geek.:) Geek would have been to list all the parts...:D

glasslass
December 28th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Nah! Geek is using the computer to report it! Or, is that Nerd?

joeysmama
December 28th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I read the difference between a geek and a nerd once and I'm a geek. I think they're close to the same thing but nerds are smarter. LOL ! A nerd is a geek with brains maybe ??;)

At any rate--I'm ok with it--I embrace my geekiness !

Once my daughter paid me a compliment and told me I'm not as big a dork as other mothers. I got all kinds of happy and said to my husband "See I'm not dorky." And Katie said "Oh you're plenty dorky--just not as dorky as the others." :shrug: Oh well !

Prin
December 28th, 2006, 03:27 PM
LOL that's so funny, Joeysmama.:D

erykah1310
December 28th, 2006, 03:28 PM
You got pretty excited bout that one didnt ya joeysmoma, well must have felt great at the moment. lol

rainbow
December 28th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I don't get called a geek but I definitely get a lot of :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and a few :eek: :eek: :eek:

rainbow
December 28th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Oh, and also the odd :crazy:

papillonmama
December 28th, 2006, 05:42 PM
lol joeysmama, what a cute story.

joeysmama
December 28th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I don't get called a geek but I definitely get a lot of and a few

You must have teenagers at your house ! (I recognize the eye roll. ;) )

joeysmama
December 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Okay my last post looks weird. The little smiley's didn't copy and paste.:confused:

Prin
December 28th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Which smilies? lol

rainbow
December 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
You must have teenagers at your house ! (I recognize the eye roll. ;) )

Nope, no teenagers....in fact no kids at all. I get the eye rolls from friends, family and neighbours that think I go overboard because I treat my pets as humans.

Frenchy
December 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Hah !! One person's idea of "geek" is another person's definition of a good doggie mommy !! :)

So am I a geek because I just had time for ONE errand after work and I went to the pet store to get treats and toys for the dogs instead of food for me ? :cool:

erykah1310
December 28th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I get the eye rolls from friends, family and neighbours that think I go overboard because I treat my pets as humans.

Same here! Its been said in the family that I treat my doggies better than a certain few relatives treat their kids:sad: Very sad actually, and still boggles me why THEY can pop kids out with a simple glance at their husbands:frustrated:

At work... I always stop for the doggies when ever I have a chance... the dude i travelled with would just roll his eyes and "tisk" some people just dont get it.:rolleyes:

chico2
December 29th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Well,I've been called a lot of things,mostly a old"hippie"but when asked what I wanted for X-Mas,my wishlist was:New birdfeeders,new cornfeeder for squirrels,another birdbath heater(for the front)cat-stuffs....does that make me an old geek:confused:

erykah1310
December 29th, 2006, 10:00 AM
LOL, yup Chico... you're right up there with the rest of us:D :thumbs up

jesse's mommy
December 29th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Honey tells me I'm a dork all the time. :rolleyes: