Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new dog owner

dlmh
December 28th, 2006, 12:19 PM
hi i am new to dog owing and web stuff, i may have said hello 3 times but i do not see my intro, so here i go again. i was given a 8 wk old american fox coonhound cross husky. she has yellow eyes with red and white marking. i seem to have trouble getting her to stop jumping, i take her to work everyday and everyone customer seems to own a dog so she is well recivied. but she jumps. i have given her all her shots and she has been fixed - she is seven months old know. she will sit , stay, shake a paw, but wont stop jumping, any good dog schools in edmonton alberta would be great to know. she is a puller and a runner so off leash is a problem. anyway hello and look forward to any advice. thanks dlmh

Frenchy
December 28th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Hi to you ! I think an obedience class will help you and her. About the off leash thing, my opinion is since these dogs will pick up ANY scent there is, you might loose her if she smells something good. So keeping her on leash would be a must. Unless you can get her to a dog park. I would looove to see a picture of her if you could post one that is !

rainbow
December 28th, 2006, 07:12 PM
You posted your question in the Training Talk Forum and I answered it there. Click on the link below:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=34571

rainbow
December 28th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Hmmmm....this is going to get confusing so I hope one of the threads gets closed.

Blathach
December 28th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Double post. Closed to avoid confusion.