Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beanie weigh-in!

technodoll
December 27th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Dakotah turns 3 years old on Saturday so we wanted to mark down how he's maturing... on the vet scale and weighed 3 times to make sure... 127 lbs of lean muscle, not an ounce of fat on him and all this with a naked coat, too! and he's not done filling out yet, the big melon-head!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/bean1.jpg

And miss Maika is finally making some progress, we were relieved to see she's 83 lbs at 14 months old, still all legs and small head (she is 27" tall though, yikes) but she's slowly turning into a very pretty girl. at least SHE has an amazing coat, LOL!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/dec26015.jpg

we get them weighed every few months to make sure we are still on track with the quantity of food we give them (a raw diet is % of body weight, and not cups of food per day). we had been told that dogs on raw mature more slowly and evenly, but often end up with denser bones and more heavy muscle mass than kibble-fed dogs, we're starting to see this is true for the beanies, holy cow! i won't mind the day they finish growing and maturing though, they are going through a LOT of meat per day - but they are so worth it, they are the light of our lives. :cloud9: (thanks for letting me have my mommy-brag moment, LOL!)

chico2
December 27th, 2006, 05:08 PM
TD,you can brag all you want,they are absolutely beautiful and you've done a wonderful job with them,I just adore those two,their kissyfaces,their beautiful coats,everything about them:love:

mummummum
December 27th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Mommy-brag away Techno !!! But only if you post more pix of the beanies.

technodoll
December 27th, 2006, 07:17 PM
hmmm all right... i'll try to oblige :D nothing today though, the weather was just too blah. waiting for sunshine... :rolleyes:

rainbow
December 27th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Beanie Pics :cloud9: Beanie Pics :cloud9: Beanie Pics :cloud9:

Prin
December 28th, 2006, 12:39 AM
What's up with the pic recirc? Where are some new ones? :p

but she's slowly turning into a very pretty girlI disagree. She was always a pretty girl and still is. :frustrated:

Now that I'm done being sarcastic...

Dakotah's getting to be a really heavy guy!! :eek: He's got 37 lbs on Boo already.:D

TeriM
December 28th, 2006, 03:39 AM
Looking forward to see pics from Dakota's B-Day party :D .

OntarioGreys
December 28th, 2006, 11:40 AM
THey are looking wonderful

Scott_B
December 28th, 2006, 02:48 PM
They look absolutely wonderful!

127lbs! :eek:

erykah1310
December 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Looking great TD, as suspected.;)
I just love Maika:cloud9: shes such a doll... and of couse Dakotah too ( but everyone comments on him, so im just giving Maika her moment too:D )

Scott_B
December 28th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Oh, I weighed Rosco tonight at the vets, just stopped in to say hi. 116lbs! :D

Skryker
December 28th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Dakotah and Maika are looking great! :thumbs up

Scott, isn't that 15lbs since not so long ago? :eek:

Scott_B
December 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Its been a few weeks yeah :p

downloader
December 28th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Great pics TD, if you want to get them weighed try JE Mondu they have scales in most of their stores.

Prin
December 28th, 2006, 11:05 PM
My doggies are still small enough to weigh on a regular bathroom scale... You know, weigh yourself, pick up the doggy and then weigh both of you and do some math.:D

angeldogs
December 28th, 2006, 11:31 PM
127.big boy.Maika is a pretty girl alright.prin i like that idea.:D

roxieandsabrina
December 29th, 2006, 12:30 PM
They are both Beautiful! You have every reason to brag!

technodoll
December 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM
hey thanks everyone! i have new photos prin :D just downloading them tonight and HOPE to have a good one in there. we were at my dad's near ottawa and he has a nice big back yard... the kids loooved it :p

btw the home-scale thing is not very accurate... bet your dogs weigh more than you think! Boo is one BIG boy :eek: he's much taller than dakotah, i'll bet he's a good 100 lbs... :highfive:

and YAY for rosco! he's on his way to the big 160! LOL

jesse's mommy
December 29th, 2006, 08:58 PM
btw the home-scale thing is not very accurate...

:sorry: :offtopic: Really? Why? I'm just asking because we do that with Jesse throughout the year and when we go to the vets it's actually dead on. Do you think we are just lucky? I know scales lie because they always tell me I weigh more than I actually do. :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way, do I need to say I want to tackle the Beanies again?

technodoll
December 29th, 2006, 09:03 PM
OK i'm sorry then, it probably works for alot of people :o but never for me... and not for big dogs... maybe a digital scale would work better though? oooh i hadn't thought of that! :highfive:

tackle away... they're sleeping in little possum balls right now, supertired from their xmas visiting trip, LOL! :D

jesse's mommy
December 29th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Yep, we have one of those digital ones, but I do have to admit I do my best to avoid it like the plague. :eek:

I'd be happy to wake them up. :evil:

Prin
December 29th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Oh, yeah definitely a digital scale. Boo is always 85-90lbs- vet or home scale (well, my dad's scale.. I don't have one). Those dialy ones are very inaccurate...:o

Ooo tackling the beanies? Never thought of that before. That sounds fun! :evil: :D

technodoll
December 29th, 2006, 11:59 PM
right now they're both like furry pillows with 4 stick legs. he he. zzzzzz! :evil:

LL1
December 30th, 2006, 12:02 AM
She is a beauty,and he is a very handsome chubby man!

technodoll
December 30th, 2006, 12:34 AM
hmmm dunno about dakotah being chubby... what do y'all think? :o i see this and think "omg is this normal?!" LOL

(edited to add: these photos were taken at high-speed stop motion, so the dogs are running hard even if they look still)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/xmas06/withdad2.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/xmas06/withdad.jpg

Prin
December 30th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Well, he's not chubby in a fat way, but he's definitely not lanky.:D

technodoll
December 30th, 2006, 12:37 AM
"i'm not fat, i'm big boned!" :D he he he!

Prin
December 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM
lol exactly! :D

BMDLuver
December 30th, 2006, 07:46 AM
This is totally offtopic lol, but is that where you live? Looks beautiful.

The beanies are lovely too!

chico2
December 30th, 2006, 08:25 AM
OMG,your dads place looks beautiful and all that snow,when are we ever going to get snow:yell: ???
Great pics!!!
:offtopic: Can't help thinking of Jace(the lost GSD),seeing all that snow,hope he's found shelter:sad:

technodoll
December 30th, 2006, 11:36 AM
That was my dad's place, he lives in a little town called Arnprior, which is about 45 west of Kanata, Ontario. beautiful land with forest leading down to the creek... lots of wildlife comes to his back porch which is great IF you don't own any hunting dogs :frustrated: :D