Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Support

Angie J
December 27th, 2006, 09:53 AM
My friend who owns an AmStaff is looking for a group to join within the GTA so that she can get some support. She has just recently moved from out in the 'boonies' and says she's intimidated when she walks her doggie: the looks, people crossing the street, etc. She'd love to be accompanied on her walks by others who 'get it" about these dogs.

Do you guys know of any contacts I can pass along to her?

Angie J

mummummum
December 27th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hi Angie ~ what about the Pitbull Co-op ? They have regular weekly walks in downtownish Toronto and then a weekend walk every so often. There's also the Mississauga "chapter" who hold their own walks.

babyrocky1
December 27th, 2006, 06:38 PM
My friend who owns an AmStaff is looking for a group to join within the GTA so that she can get some support. She has just recently moved from out in the 'boonies' and says she's intimidated when she walks her doggie: the looks, people crossing the street, etc. She'd love to be accompanied on her walks by others who 'get it" about these dogs.

Do you guys know of any contacts I can pass along to her?

Angie JHi Angie, I am one of the co-founders of the "pittie Co-op" We would love to have your friend join us.... the more the merrier. Our contact info is at www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com or you can pm me.... Thanks for the plug mumumumum....!
BTW we are a group of responsible owners of "bullie type" dogs who get together for dog walks etc. We all feel pretty much the same way when we walk our dogs on our own and the poor dogs dont get much play time with other dogs thus one of the reasons for the creation of the group but the whole mandate is on the site! Oh and were also all really nice people:)

Angie J
December 28th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Yup, nothing like a support group!
Her dog is Great! She plays well with every dog I've ever introduced to her. Dianne (my friend) comes out to my place to play with her girl, and my dogs and WOW, what an energy level!!!!! I've got a Newf oundland ... well, lets just say thats another energy class all of it's own..lol. This dog, Rizo, just runs and runs and ... well, you get it. It's sad to think of a dog like that always leashed, and muzzled. She'll be THRILLED to meet the gang!

Angie J

mummummum
December 28th, 2006, 11:28 AM
.... Thanks for the plug mumumumum....!
BTW we are a group of responsible owners of "bullie type" dogs who get together for dog walks etc. We all feel pretty much the same way when we walk our dogs on our own and the poor dogs dont get much play time with other dogs thus one of the reasons for the creation of the group but the whole mandate is on the site! Oh and were also all really nice people:)

You are of course most welcome for the "plug" babyrocky ! I also want folks who don't have pitties (like me) to know that they are also welcome on these walks. I had a great time on the last walk and (hint-hint-nudge-nudge) hope that there is a future weekend walk. We just need a couple of speeeeeeeders like Bridie and me! But, the lakeshore was a gorgeous backdrop to a beautiful fall day ~ I only wish I had my camera . And despite my pittie-lessness (:D ) everyone was gracious, welcoming and just plain old NICE (something you can never see enough of frankly!).

babyrocky1
December 28th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I also want folks who don't have pitties (like me) to know that they are also welcome on these walks. I had a great time on the last walk and (hint-hint-nudge-nudge) hope that there is a future weekend walk. We just need a couple of speeeeeeeders like Bridie and me! But, the lakeshore was a gorgeous backdrop to a beautiful fall day ~ I only wish I had my camera . And despite my pittie-lessness (:D ) everyone was gracious, welcoming and just plain old NICE (something you can never see enough of frankly!).

Yes all pittie lovers are very welcome.... our mandate includes "supporters with their non pit-bull dogs! Personally I :love: Newfoundlands too so Angie you and your pup would be very welcome to come with your friend! Ofcourse that offer goes out to all the pets.ca folks who would like to accompany us!

babyrocky1
December 28th, 2006, 06:04 PM
BTW we are looking at February 17th for our next "weekend afternoon" walk!

Angie J
December 31st, 2006, 07:16 PM
I may accompany Dianne on her first walk with your gang.... but...
I live an hour N or Toronto, on 15 acres... and when I bored of that theres a tone of Reforestration Areas here in the Boondocks..lol. It would be a long way to go for me... and here I don't need a leash.

But I'll probably make the first walk, for my Buddy (she's much shyer than I am). But any of you who want to venture out here into no mans land are more than welcome to visit us!!

Here's one of Rizo today after our hour long romp!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2444939700092561745XJhaJA

Angie J

Prin
December 31st, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ok... So it's a cute doggy. But geez, is this one ever cuuuuute! :cloud9:
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2213925940092561745VEHNIa

Angie J
January 1st, 2007, 12:52 PM
bunnies are like potato chips to Lolly-pup..... he can never be satisfied with just one....

He just is AMAZED with them. I haven't had a chance to go in and edit my pics yet, but the one where He is staring at my Stepdaughter, (who is leaning against the table) .... He's not just enthrawled by her pretty face; Look in her arms! lol. Silly doggie.

Angie J

Prin
January 1st, 2007, 08:33 PM
So funny. Boo is bunny obsessed too, but in a tasty way. :evil:

babyrocky1
January 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I may accompany Dianne on her first walk with your gang.... but...
I live an hour N or Toronto, on 15 acres... and when I bored of that theres a tone of Reforestration Areas here in the Boondocks..lol. It would be a long way to go for me... and here I don't need a leash.

But I'll probably make the first walk, for my Buddy (she's much shyer than I am). But any of you who want to venture out here into no mans land are more than welcome to visit us!!

Here's one of Rizo today after our hour long romp!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2444939700092561745XJhaJA

Angie JHey AngieJ, somehow I just saw this post now from my email addy that I dont often use! Nice of you to invite us! I was just looking at your pics, beautiful family! Sorry for the late resonse, hope you guys can make it on the 17th.