Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Giant Schnauzer

alemap
December 26th, 2006, 03:19 PM
"Quincy" is stilling missing after well over 1 month. By now, he must be looking like a very large shaggy dog, rather than a Giant Schnauzer He is a very large solid black dog, neutered male, 84 lbs, beard, uncropped ears, docked tail and was wearing a light blue collar with no tags. He's microchipped. Went missing in Mid Western Ontario, in the Grey/Bruce counties area, just south of Owen Sound. Last sighting was Sunday December 10 in Chesley. He's a well loved family pet that is extremely lovable and very friendly. We are beyond ourselves with grief and want him home with his kids. Please, if you have any sightings of him, let us know. His coat will now be getting heavier and thicker so he'll look less like a Schnauzer, and more like a Bouvier. Thanks for the help. You can call anytime as we have voice mail, 519-363-3431 or 519-363-0440.

TeriM
December 26th, 2006, 04:12 PM
He is beautiful. Fingers and paws crossed that you will be reunited soon :fingerscr .

Golden Girls
December 26th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Have you called Animal Control in you area? Better yet go everyday. Flyers? I wish you luck with Quincy, you guys must be beside yourself :sad: :fingerscr

rainbow
December 26th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Good Luck. I hope you locate him soon. :fingerscr :fingerscr

alemap
December 26th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Thank you for your well wishes. Yes we have contacted every possible agent in Canada and the USA. I just wish I knew more about individuals that pick up strays ( supposedly ) and take them out of their area to sell to pet stores or worse for research. Quincy, thank god, can not be used for breeding stock as he is neutered, however, he is a fine specimen of his breed ( Giant Schnauzer ) and not very old. If he were still in the area, I know he'd come home, if he could.

rainbow
December 27th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear that you have not yet located Quincy. As he is not wearing tags remember to check the SPCA/pounds/shelters every other day. Do this in person as telephone calls are not reliable.

Check to make sure your posters have not been taken down and replace where necessary. Post in as many places as possible to get his picture out there.

Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Dog Dancer
January 31st, 2007, 05:05 PM
BUMP BUMP
I see that Quincy is still missing from another thread and thought maybe we could bump this up to refresh the memory.

Tks

mycozyhome
January 31st, 2007, 07:49 PM
You can see Quincy's information on this website:

http://gslostandfound.tripod.com/

Please forward it along. We are working hard to get Quincy home to his owners who miss him very much.

Thanks
Christine
Giant Schnauzer Assistance Canada

LL1
January 31st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Beautiful dog,so sorry he is missing.I would take the microchip number off that site asap.

mycozyhome
January 31st, 2007, 09:11 PM
Done, thanks for the advice.

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 06:34 PM
The information on that website doesn't display for me. :shrug: I hope Quincy is located soon. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

bullidog
February 1st, 2007, 08:00 PM
Have you sent flyers over to the Veterinary Purchasing Company in St. Marys Ontario. The will send them out to all the small animal vets in Ontario... as the vets place orders with them. I sent over 800 flyers...
If you need their contact info...... google it... brings you to it. Give them a call... they are GREAT!
Good luck...
I did see your dog on THS website... am keeping my eye out for him..
Prayers for his safe return:pray:
bullidog

mycozyhome
February 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Still no leads, no clues and no sightings :sad:

I did make something up for the family and put it on YouTube hoping to get a little more exposure. :fingerscr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfBMHO2JyIY

Christine

bullidog
February 17th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Hi Christine....
I continue to look for Quincy......
Also have you considered using an animal communicator. Not sure if you are a believer or not, but I got a contact name for one from a vet clinic. She came highly recommended. We are following up leads presently for my dog Daisy. This communicator seemed to be pretty on the mark for details in my case....working only from a photo and a name. Very few communicators work with lost or stolen animals as it is very difficult because of the confusion and emotion involved. If you would like I can forward her contact info to you.
Continued :pray: for Quincy's safe return.
bullidog

mycozyhome
February 19th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Quincy belongs to Pam, so that would be up to her if she wanted to do that or not. I'm just a friend helping out. Unfortunately, there Giant Schnauzer population is growing due to an increase of breeders, so there are so many dogs out there that look like Quincy. I know he will be found, it's just a matter of time.

Christine
Giant Schnauzer Assistance Canada:dog: