Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Family Member

CyberKitten
December 26th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Wish us luck, a new man is joing us today - we are going to foster him for awhile to see hoe he manages with so many females. He is a 9 yo blue Point Tonkinese boy who needs a home. I've been looking for a blue point and this fellow has been loved but his family is moving out of the country. I think my girls will be good but they are quite adjusted in their ways and we need to take this slowly - meomy is on call but there wil be a human at home all throughout the holidays so when meomy has to rush off, someone will be here for him.

This is him (thinking of names.... they call him Beau)

This is him (and he was declawed too - don't you love a family- declaw their cat and then declare they are movin on!)

Wish us luck

(and don't get me started on the horrid humans who left a four pawed declawed Devon Rex to fend for himself in the cold. If I had a gun and I met them, you would have to bail me out... put it that way).

CyberKitten
December 26th, 2006, 06:32 AM
He has a heart murmur too but at least meomy knows how to use a stethascope. <g> And has one he can play with so he gets used to it.

chico2
December 26th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Aww CK,and then there was 4:thumbs up
Beau is beautiful and very lucky to become a part of your much loved kitty-family:love:
What happened to the Rex??

Golden Girls
December 26th, 2006, 09:25 AM
We'll cover you CK http://bestsmileys.com/army/4.gif< -- pets.ca members

Beau's very pretty :cloud9: I hope it works out with your girls :fingerscr

Skryker
December 26th, 2006, 09:30 AM
He's very handsome. I think Beau does work for him. Poor guy, abandoned at Christmas. Good luck!

BMDLuver
December 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM
He's beautiful CK. I'm partial to Tonks, Meezers, Abys and Rex's though. I love their regal looks and slender builds. I also like that they backtalk a lot. Much more personality.

Frenchy
December 26th, 2006, 11:18 AM
What a nice looking cat ! I love the picture with his stuffie , he looks so peaceful.:cloud9:

cpietra16
December 26th, 2006, 12:47 PM

That's the first real laugh I've had all day...thanks. That was funny.

CK.. he is beautiful. Congratulation

TeriM
December 26th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Good luck, he is beautiful!

Prin
December 26th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Good luck CK.:)

rainbow
December 26th, 2006, 07:30 PM

I also got a laugh out of that......the pets.ca troops. :D

And, Beau is one beautiful boy. :cloud9:

Frenchy
December 26th, 2006, 07:31 PM

Me too :D we do look cute !

CyberKitten
December 27th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks Golden Girls, I needed that!! And that is soooo cute!!!!! That was a great joke!!! Thanks to all of you - the Pets.ca army!

Anita, someone dropped off a Devon Rex to SRescue - the little boy was found in bad shape by a couple of kids who called the SPCA who called locale Siamese rescue ppl. This kitty had been declawed in all four paws and was left in a ditch on Christmas Day!! My guess is declawing prob created biting since he does bite for protection (that is not unknown amg declawed kitties who become fearful) - and it was a recent surgery since he is maybe 6 months old. Beautiful cats though he is on subQ fluids and antibiotics and has a broken leg we hope will not need amputation (pron hit by a car but maybe someone threw him too, we are not sure.)

A vet friend of mine has taken him in and is caring for him and we all pooled our resources to help her care for him - I mean she is willing to do the work for free but he needs so much work that we wanted to give her some funding for it. We are naming him Noel. I'll try to find one pict - so far, none look too good since he is not at his best. But he purrs when you talk to him after all he has been through, a real trooper and sweetheart.

I was thinking today when I was doing a bone marrow aspiration on a wonderful child who barely complained that one of my mentors is correct - it is so much easier sometimes to work with children. (and easier still to work with animals!!) I actually had to get this kid to stop talking for one minute while I concentrated on something and promised her she could spend all night with YY after that (which she did - YY enjoying her therapy cat gig, lol).

And Beau - and as my bf says- il est vraiment beau! - is doing very well. The girls are nosy but he still in his own room with lots of toys, a tape with my voice and some music (He might go nuts listening to me giving a lecture on God knows what tho he might be the first tonkinese well versed in hematology, lol), food and a bed which he has seems to love. I have been using the towel trick to get him used to the smells of the "girls" and the vanilla trick as well and in a day or so, we may try to get them all together. We are very hopeful.

CyberKitten
December 27th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I hope he perks up soon - he still purrs though - this is just after he was found. (Pre surgery et al) - and has a great forever home with a vet even. (She could not part with him, we all kind of fell for him to be honest!)

He is a sweetie pie even tho you can tell he does not feel all that great! No growling from him, he loves everyone despite the bad ppl he met.

mummummum
December 27th, 2006, 04:41 AM
They're BOTH gorgeous CK ~ I don't think even I could give up little Noel and I'm a dog-person !

What's "the vanilla trick" ?

chico2
December 27th, 2006, 07:10 AM
CK,I am sure Beau will have a great life with you and the girls,my 3 boys would be in paradise:love:
Little Noel must surely have had a guardian angel and I hope his former cruel owners choked on their turkey,had their fingertips chopped off in a slicer etc,etc..:evil:
However,Noel now has a dreamhome,what could be better for an ailing kitty than a loving vet:cat: :love:
Hope to see lots of pics,of YY,the naked girls,Beau and of course happier pics of Noel:love:

cpietra16
December 27th, 2006, 10:02 AM
CK, what a beautiful face. You and your friends truly are :angel: 's. I wish all the lost and forgotten kitties could find that kind of happiness:pray:

rainbow
December 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Awww, poor little Noel......what a rough start to his life so far. :( Fingers crossed that his leg will be okay. :fingerscr Glad to hear the vet decided to take him in....what better forever home could he have. :cloud9: He is gorgeous and would love to see pics when he is fully recovered. :fingerscr

Kristin7
December 27th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I second that cpietra16! My heart breaks to think of all the kitties who don't have great homes, but at least here are 2 who are saved, thanks so much and good luck with Beau!