Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heroes

LynLyn
December 24th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Love this show! am absolutely obsessed. I love the character Hiro too, he's so adorable, like a puppy. If I ever met him I would probably pat him on the head.

Byrd
December 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Tee hee, I totally agree. Hard to believe he becomes samurai-like in the future.

Rick C
December 24th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I love it as well . . . . "Save the cheerleader, save the world!!!"

I was a big comic book buff when I was a kid and still have a pile of them from that era of the 60's and early 70's . . . .

"Heroes" is along the new kind of sci-fi, comic book adventure serial soap opera type shows that are increasing in popularity . . . . . the kind of thing that television can do really well in this day and age.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Byrd
December 25th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Yes, the answer-one-question-ask-two-in-the-process type of show.

LynLyn
December 26th, 2006, 12:25 AM
The only crappy thing is that they had to go on this break, it's driving me crazy cause I want to know what happens, and I have to wait till January to find out. Boo

Byrd
December 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Yup, same with most of the shows I watch. :(

Byrd
January 22nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
It's baaaaaack!!!! :D

Stacer
January 23rd, 2007, 04:14 PM
I didn't watch it until a couple weeks ago when a friend of our handed us a CD containing the first 11 episodes and told us that we MUST watch it. WE had both seen the previews and promo spots on TV and thought that it didn't look that great so we never took the time to check it out, but after our friend thrust this CD at us we felt obliged to watch it. Well, we love it! I can't wait for the next episode. I wonder what will happen when the 2 weeks is up and New York either explodes or doesn't, what will happen to the story? Will they make a new crisis? Hmmmmm.

Byrd
January 23rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Well, there is the ongoing Claire's dad crisis! :eek: :yuck:

LynLyn
January 23rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
I wish I could figure out if Claire's dad is evil or not! I mean it's obvious that Sylar is but I think he has some not so pure intentions himself.

Byrd
January 23rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
From what I got last night Clair's dad is trying to 'save' them by taking their memories about being special.

Byrd
January 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Did they change the actor that plays Claire's friend? Zack, is that his name?

Kristin7
January 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I like this show but have missed too many episodes and dont' know what is going on anymore!!! ugh. But I am a die-hard Lost fan and soon that is back on again. I'm sure a lot of people have had the same problems with that one...

Byrd
January 25th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I'm a Lostie too!

Generally, if I don't start watching a show from episode 1, I don't watch it at all.

Kristin7
January 25th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Yay, a fellow Lostie! I am sooo excited but can't think about it too much (new upcoming episodes finally).

I would love to catch up on Heroes but am just confused and behind. Is there anywhere online I can download episodes or at least read up on what happened? There aren't many shows I like but this is one of them.

Byrd
January 25th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Well, if you just want a synopsis try www.tv.com it's not bad for that sort of thing. As for downloading, not sure. I don't know if they have an 'official' site either. It just came back this week, it was off since a couple of weeks before Christmas, maybe you haven't missed as much as you think.

LynLyn
January 25th, 2007, 11:19 PM
http://www.alluc.org/alluc/

you do not need to sign up or anything just type in Heroes on the top left hand corner.

click on "Links"

and then start on episode 1

trust me you'll be addicted, to the show and this website. It's where I always catch up on my Ugly Betty and Ghost Whisperer episodes

Kristin7
January 26th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Cool, thanks Byrd and LynLyn! I have watched some of the episodes, but the last one I saw, I felt totally lost. Must have missed a key one.

Byrd
January 26th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Ooohhh I watch Ghost Whisperer too!!!!

Kristin7
January 26th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Me too! Also Medium and CSI (vegas).

Byrd
January 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I used to watch Medium, but it got to the point where I found her getting too whiney and him getting too mean, so I stopped.

I also like Supernatural and Jericho.

(Non-supernatural shows, Desperate Housewives, Men in Trees, yeah, I like TV)

Peepmouse
January 26th, 2007, 05:25 PM
We're into the cop shows...CSI (all 3 of them), Law & Order (again all 3), Without a Trace and Cold Case. We also watch a lot of TLC, Discovery & Science channel programs. It's enough to keep us busy in the evening!:D

Kristin7
January 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
You're so right about her being whiney, I have been noticing that lately! Thought it was just me... I do like the stories though. It could be her personality, I saw her on some late night show and she was the same. Annoying!

Peepmouse, I love all those shows too! For some reason I hardly ever can stay up to watch W/O a Trace though. And don't have cable or i'd be watching those others too. Plus the cooking channel. Gotta love food! lol

I think I watch too much TV really. But I live alone (ok, just no other humans) so it is nice to hear a voice sometimes. I actually dont' know when most of these are on, so probably that's how I end up missing key episodes. Ok, except for Lost, that one I will never miss unless I absolutely have to!!!

Byrd
January 26th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I think I watch too much TV really. But I live alone (ok, just no other humans) so it is nice to hear a voice sometimes.

Ditto! :shrug:

Rick C
January 30th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Since this thread has been hijacked already . . . . .

Mrs. C likes CSI, Cold Case, Criminal Minds . . .

I like those too but would add Heroes, Studio 60 and the new Battlestar Galactica (named again the other day as one of the American Film Instute's best shows on television.)

My favourite channel is probably Turner Classic Movies . . . . great old black and white's on there. Really fantastic channel.

Interesting turn of events on Heroes last night.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Byrd
January 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Yeees very interesting.

Who would have thought that Hiro's dad was Mr. Zulu (sp?).

Stacer
January 30th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Claire's dad noticed that windchime inher window, he's on to her (except that he might be dead after the Sylar ambush:eek: ).

Does Peter Petrelli's mouth bother anyone else? I mean, its fine when he's talking, but whenever he has to yell or something, it goes all lopsided on his bottom lip and I find it irritating for some reason. Otherwise he's a very good looking guy.

Byrd
January 30th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Claire's dad noticed that windchime inher window, he's on to her (except that he might be dead after the Sylar ambush:eek: ).

Does Peter Petrelli's mouth bother anyone else? I mean, its fine when he's talking, but whenever he has to yell or something, it goes all lopsided on his bottom lip and I find it irritating for some reason. Otherwise he's a very good looking guy.

The Sylar thing did not surprise me.

The actor that plays Peter was born with dead nerve endings on that side of his chin, that's why he talks like that. It used to bother me until I found that out. It was during a commercial break in one of the first episodes.

Nikki's teeth bother me more!

Stacer
January 30th, 2007, 05:34 PM
What's up with her teeth? I've never really looked at them.

Stacer
January 30th, 2007, 05:37 PM
A little threadjack here, but I just posted and my count went up. I though Off Topic posts didn't count towards your total posts?

Stacer
January 30th, 2007, 05:38 PM
It just did it again!

Byrd
January 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Her teeth are just big and square and they show all the time. Yup, I'm superficial. :rolleyes:

Stacer
January 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I guess she does have a kind of chipmunkesque quality about her.

Byrd
January 30th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I was also thinking last night that Nathan has that typical superhero look, the strong jaw, the big white teeth. I don't know if I've ever seen a real person look that much like Superman, LOL and this one can fly too!

LynLyn
January 30th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Mr Zulu? I must've missed something, who is Mr Zulu, other than hiros dad, and what is his significance?

Byrd
January 30th, 2007, 07:39 PM
From the original Star Trek.

Stacer
January 30th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Nathan looks like a Ken doll. Very handsome, but kinda plastic looking.

Byrd
January 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
LOL Ken Doll, yeah that works too.

Byrd
February 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I sooo want Peter Petrelli's powers!!!!!

Stacer
February 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Next weeks show should be good, we'll find out who Claire's dad really is and who he's working for, and why. Visit www.primatechpaper.com. NBC has put this site up so that fans can feel involved in the show. It doesn't look like it's affiliated with NBC, but it is. Call the 800 number and get a code and start looking for clues and follow them to find out more info about what's going on with the show. It's pretty neat.

Byrd
February 20th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Claire's "dad" or Nathan?

They had a similar website for Lost when it first started out too.

Stacer
February 20th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Claire's "dad" or Nathan?

Mr. Bennet.

Byrd
February 20th, 2007, 08:10 PM
That's what I thought, but I had to state the obvious. :p

It's like Lost, answer one question, ask two more.

Byrd
February 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Ted... dude... shave... you look like a neanderthal! :yuck:

Stacer
February 26th, 2007, 09:07 PM
That is such an accurate description! Fugly.

Byrd
February 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Totally destracting, especially seeing that those Geico commercials with the neanderthal were playing during the ep.

I can't believe Hiro's dad is involved!

Next week's preview... OMG!!!! :eek: What the heck does the narrator mean by "the final chapters" is it not coming back next year? :confused:

LynLyn
February 26th, 2007, 10:51 PM
ai yi yi!! what's going on? what is claires dad going to do? Where's claire gonna go? I'm gonna suffer until next week!!

oh yeah i rented cinderella 3 and hayden panettiere sings in the movie!! you can see her music video in the extras!

Stacer
February 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM
have you seen her on the neutrogena commercials?

Byrd
February 27th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I've seen that.

Is Cinderella 3 any good?

LynLyn
February 27th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Is Cinderella 3 any good?

No!!! They're way of talking is very modernized, it's not slang or anything, but it's not classic disney. :frustrated:

Byrd
February 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Aww, shucks!!!

Hey, what's with the preview for next week? Chicky-poo's still alive! :eek: Is she a mutant too? :confused:

Byrd
March 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
:frustrated: I missed the last couple of minutes!!!! Can anyone recap me???

My PVR cut off just after Peter walked into Mohinder's apartment, he was looking around for him, then something dripped on his head, he looked up and.... :confused:

Pllleeeaaaase tell me Mohinder's not dead!!!! :yell:

Stacer
March 7th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Mohinder is not dead. He was trapped on the ceiling bleeding, as Peter looked up Mohinder tried warning him that Sylar was there, but it was too late, Sylar pinned Peter against the wall and said "you're like me, lets see how that works", and proceeded to cut the top of Peter's head off. It ended with Peter screaming.

Next week should be good. I think Peter will turn the tables on Sylar, he can heal afterall, Sylar cannot. And Peter can just absorb Sylar's power by being near him, whereas Sylar has to eat the brain to absorb the powers of others. It should be interesting to find out about Claire's new storyline, meeting her grandmother and all. Pretty cool.

Byrd
March 7th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Thank you!!!!! :lovestruck:

I missed quite a bit, I'm sure it had something to do with the Spiderman 3 preview, the show ran over and unfortunately PVR's only record the allotted slot for the show whether it runs over or not.

Yeah, I'm sure Peter will turn the tables on Sylar, afterall the good guy must win.

Think Claire's grandma has powers too?

They are talking about this whole "final chapter" thing, I really hope it's not just a one season thing. :fingerscr

Stacer
March 8th, 2007, 06:11 PM
The grandmother, I hadn't thought of that, I bet she has really cool powers. Maybe all the heroes are related somehow, some very distantly.

Byrd
March 9th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Very distant for Hiro.

Byrd
March 12th, 2007, 09:01 PM
So apparently, according to tv.com, the next epsiode doesn't air until April 23!!! More than a month!!!! :yell: :frustrated: :mad:

LynLyn
March 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM
didn't they do this before? where we had to wait a month for an episode? aaarrgghhh!!!:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah, at Christmas time, just like every other show. :frustrated:

Stacer
March 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I was wondering why there wasn't a new episode last monday. Damn, they like to keep their fans hanging. April 23 is a long ways away.

Byrd
March 18th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Yup, especially with a cliffhanger-type ending. :rolleyes:

Byrd
May 1st, 2007, 09:07 PM
The future episode was cool!!! :cool:

Now, can someone explain to me how a man who can regenerate and never get hurt can end up with a huge scar across his face? :confused:

Byrd
May 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
Okay, someone explained it like this:

TIME LINE 1: Peter DID NOT Save the cheerleader. Sylar doesn't get caught, he continues getting power and we assume he gets Ted's and blows up, Hiro stabs him with his sword but because he has the Claire's power he regenerates and continues to blow up anyway(as seen in "string theory"). Five Years in the Future, Future Hiro,after figuring out thats how the bomb could be stopped, goes back in time and tells Peter to save the cheerleader. He does this time around altering the time line. When he teleports back from the subway train he arrives in time line 2 five years later instead of the first one

TIME LINE 2:This time the cheerleader was saved, Peter gained her power, and now it seems he is going to bump into ted and explode instead. However, Nathan covers up by blaming it on Sylar. This time line from this point on unfolds in the same way as the first one with a key difference; Sylar somewhere along the line, still alive but thought to be dead, kills Candace, Nathan, and takes Nathans place as president. Five years after the explosion, after delivering his "save the cheerleader, save the world" message from time line 1, future Hiro arrives back in this time line. Because its almost exactly the same as the one he came from, he thinks saving the cheerleader didn't work and Sylar somehow still exploded. He doesn't know that it DID work and in this time line Sylar wasn't the bomb but Peter was. It's at this point that all the events from "Five Years Gone" occur. However, at the end of this episode, Present Hiro goes back in time, and starts a new time line from the point he goes back.

TIME LINE 3: This is the time line we are in now.

For people asking how Peter still has the "scar" in this time line. Here is my theory.

First, Read this Weeks Graphic Novel "Walls Part 1" this takes place in timeline 2, My prediction is that in the conclusion next week the hatian and Parkman will appear stopping all of peters power, they capture him or something like that, and he gets the cut across his face while the Haitian is there, without his powers, it heals up naturally, leaving a scar.

This explains why he has it in both time lines.

Byrd
May 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM
The season finale.... ei ei ei

So, any idea if it will be next year?

Schwinn
May 23rd, 2007, 09:14 AM
That was one of the best finales I've seen. I'm tired of the ones that take you to an extreme high and leave you hanging. That one tied just enough loose ends to be satisfying, and enough of an open ended to keep me interested!

For the record, I think Nathan may have let go of Peter once up in the air and flown away, allowing him to live, and letting Peter regenerate.

Byrd
May 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM
I'm hoping that's what he did. :fingerscr

Maxine
May 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
geeze, that was a good season/show !!!!!!!!!