Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Greetings from Rockland

Odieandmaggiesd
December 22nd, 2006, 08:45 AM
Hi there my name is BJ and I just found this site and thought I would drop in :)

I have 2 Stafforshire Bull terriers and I honestly wouldn't want any other breed of dog..their just the best dogs I've ever had...their sooo loving and comitted...They go to school, Odie has his CGC and does agility (haven't done any trials yet cause he's scared of the evil teeter totter :P) he's done freestyle a bit and some tracking...but he oves the agility... I tried to get him into therapy work...but because of his breed it was not allowed...even though he passed the test with flying colors...

Maggie is our bundle of super hyper joy :P She's always happy, smiles all the time...she loves everybody and love to lick....maybe a little too much...we got her from our breeder at about three years of age...so she has been a challenge...she only knew how to walk on a leash and stand still, she was a show dog before...she has her championship and she's had a little before so she's a mom dog... We have been working really hard with her since she doesn't get along with most other dogs...she's great with ODie (she thinks she's his mom, but their actually cousins :P)

In case you're wondering since the breed ban...we've been lucky I guess...I never put muzzels on them (but keep them close by) and other then the odd "OMG are they pit bulls???" comments most people love them both :D Some people like Odie better because he's so calm and collected..while Maggie really can be alot of dog to handle :P

Prin
December 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the board! We love to see pics of the doggies/kitties/nonfurries we meet here.:D

Are you breeding your pitties? I am wondering because of the breed ban.:o

rainbow
December 22nd, 2006, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see pics of Odie and Maggie. :D

Odieandmaggiesd
December 27th, 2006, 07:39 AM
I signed a non-breeding contract withmy breeder...and for the record they aren't pitties...their Staffies...:P

also, their both fixed :D

Odieandmaggiesd
December 27th, 2006, 07:42 AM
sorry as for pics I hae a couple here at work...but their too big and I'm not sure how to re-size them...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 27th, 2006, 10:24 AM
sorry as for pics I hae a couple here at work...but their too big and I'm not sure how to re-size them...

:thumbs up for signing the non breeding contract and getting them spayed and neutured.

This is how I do my pics in microsoft picture manager:

[1]Select picture
[2]right click
[3]edit
[4]choose resize
[5]choose custom width and height
[6]start with 500 * 500 - but you may need to go smaller depending on your camera
[7]click okay
[8]then save your picture
[9]put the mouse over top of the picture - so you can see the properties
[10]it has to be 100kb or less - it can't be 100.3 or something

if it works - then when you are making your thread - first write something witty - ask Prin for advice on this one :D if it doesnt work just do steps 6 to 10 again and choose a smaller width and height.

There is a few different ways you can do it - but I find this one works the best

go to manage attachments click on upload from computer and select your picture - you can do two and choose upload.

Okay now we expect to see some pictures. :D

Odieandmaggiesd
December 28th, 2006, 08:57 AM
as for the non-breeding thing...I wouldn't even consider breeding it seems like more trouble then anything else, with all the health checks and the care and so on I'd probly have to quit my job :P

as for the spay/neuter...again Iwouldn't have it any otherway...if nothing else at all..it's alot cleaner and it calms the dogs down big time...

Frenchy
December 28th, 2006, 07:15 PM
as for the spay/neuter...again Iwouldn't have it any otherway...

Thank you ! :thumbs up