Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lazy People

Tazette
December 21st, 2006, 04:03 PM
K...this is a mini rant.

I'm so sick of digging garbage or dog poop our of my pups mouth it's unreal, I think I'm going to snap. Yesterday I dug someone's dirty kleenex out of his mouth and a few steps later I was pulling him away from some dog poop. I don't want my dog to get sick because of some idiotic persons ignorant behaviour. DH and I sit in our living room and watch this couple walk their German Shepherd every day, the dog stops in the same place every day, poops and they keep going, the owners don't clean up after their dog at all. I told DH that I had enough of these ignorant people and if I saw someone not clean up after their animal in public area's or litter, I was going to call them on it. It may not do anything and they may just tell me where to go and walk away, but hopefull they'll clue into how ignorant they're being!

Is it just me being a crazy dog lady???

dogcatharmony
December 21st, 2006, 04:19 PM
i know how you feel, there are some truely ignorant people out there. I had a man that use to walk his st. bernard by my house everyday, and every day he would let his dog poop on my lawn. I first time i confronted him about it, he said "you have a dog too lady, how do you know it is not yours messing in the front yard?" I went to inform him that my dog does not have st. bernard sized poops, and she does not go in the front yard, but before i got a word out of my mouth he was walking away. So I yelled next time bring a bag (allthough not that politely) So i got this idea, next time he lets his dog do it, im going to take a picture of him with his dog squatting on my yard. LOL, you should have seen his face when i did it, I then informed him that the city has a by law about not cleaning up animal feces, and if caught they face an 1000 dollar fine. I have never seen him in the neighbourhood again!!! Give it a try, it is worth the laughs!!

Prin
December 21st, 2006, 04:38 PM
No, I'd be screaming too. But wait till they go. The minute they start walking again, that's when you yell. ;) (Just because I've been yelled at before and I do pick up diligently).

The worst was once, Boo got a condom off the street. That was THE nastiest ever. EVER. *shudder*

TeriM
December 21st, 2006, 05:03 PM
I personally like the "oh, did you need a poop bag? I have an extra one you can use". That almost always shames them into picking up.

rainbow
December 21st, 2006, 05:41 PM
I agree. I like that approach too. ;)

SnowDancer
December 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
My Eskie also loves to help clean the neighbourhood - especially used Kleenex. I really hate pulling those from his mouth. I am at point of wearing rubber gloves. This week too it was pizza, chicken bones - you name it. I was really worried about the pizza - he did a somersault to get it - I pulled from each side but he ate middle - at 9:30 in the morning - it was still slightly warm. I was very worried about it being poisoned. Some people in our neighbourhood think that boulevard grass is their personal property - it sure isn't. I also always pick up after my dog - just wish someone would yell at people who don't - but where would the fun be in that?

technodoll
December 22nd, 2006, 11:05 AM
The worst was once, Boo got a condom off the street. That was THE nastiest ever. EVER. *shudder*

my dobie girl :rip: did that once too, it was horrible. i mean ok if you want to have fun in your car in a public parking lot that's your business but people! please! don't dump your leftovers on the ground :yuck: now why a dog would find that interesting to chew on is beyond me. all i saw was her chewing and choking on something so i reached in with my fingers to pull it out. when i saw what i was holding i almost puked. :sick: ran home to bleach my hands and scrub her mouth out with colgate! :yell:

sorry for the threadjack but prin brought back a memory :sorry:

jessi76
December 22nd, 2006, 11:05 AM
thankfully Tucker is just as neurotic as me... if he sees poop - he goes WAY around it, w/ an "eeeew" look on his face. same with trash - gets near to sniff, then get's the EEEEW, grossed out look.

mafiaprincess
December 22nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
TD, I sadly assume it's due to how uh, strongly it smells.. Cider's about undies and toothbrushes and used Kleenex's. Seems it's all due to how they likely smell, so that item would likely be 'high' value though I'd be really ill over dealing with that too.

Cider used to snuffle up stuff she found, she's pretty good about not doing it anymore. And yeah, taking a photo of the offender is the only 'proof' you can get that's worth something if they just won't cease.

Smiley14
December 22nd, 2006, 07:05 PM
It's very frustrating, isn't it! Petey thinks his middle name is, "Leave it!" LOL! But at least it works. :thumbs up Then it's "Drop it" if I didn't catch him in time. :)

x.l.r.8
December 22nd, 2006, 07:22 PM
Being new to the whole dog thing I always pick up, and I always feel that although I can't stop anyone else from not doing it, i'm doing the right thing. I have no problems carring a bag with me untill I find the next bin. It's a reality check whne they spend thousands of dollars on parking officers handing out $10 tickets and there's dog crap all along paths carring $1000 fine. However a tip for you, indecient exposure is a $300 fine, if your dog poops and you don't have a bag and a police person comes around the corner, drop your pants and say "I did that", you'll save a fortune :D :crazy: