Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nigerian scams

badger
December 21st, 2006, 01:53 PM
Someone mentioned these scams on another thread.

http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

x.l.r.8
December 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
It's become something of a national sport in the UK over the past 6 years www.419baiter.com was the originator of having a go back. :eek: :evil: I love this stuff.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 21st, 2006, 06:20 PM
There was a segment on one of those shows like 20/20 about them. Someone e-mails you claiming to know someone that has billions of dollars - then your supposed to send them cash to get the money - but when you get the money its fake.

They scammed a surgeon, and a congressman - so they fool even really smart people - but not me :D

heidiho
December 21st, 2006, 06:27 PM
I honestly dont know how ANYONE can fall for this scam,someone asking for $$$$ over the internet,no way.........

Hunter's_owner
December 21st, 2006, 06:31 PM
Well I guess some people realle believe in the possibility of getting a lot of money back.:shrug:

heidiho
December 21st, 2006, 06:44 PM
I wish life was that easy..

Daisy2943
December 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM
When i had to place my cocker spaniel puppy I got a phone call from the internet (fastweb) and this person was trying to scam me out of the money. They got my number out of the local newspaper. Scary huh

Rick C
December 21st, 2006, 07:51 PM
I honestly dont know how ANYONE can fall for this scam,someone asking for $$$$ over the internet,no way.........

Saskatchewan farmers . . . . . a news article a few years ago indicated they'd been bilked of about $5 million with one gentleman throwing up $200,000.

In my rural Alberta office, I did have one gentleman come in with a letter from Prince Mogogumbo and asking me what I thought . . . . I thought he was an idiot.

Of course, its not about being stupid really. It's all about being greedy. Seriously greedy.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Frenchy
December 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM
I usually get e-mails from this bank manager in Africa ! :rolleyes: Dream on buddy ! Yea, right, bank manager.....

LynLyn
December 24th, 2006, 01:11 AM
I heard about Nigerian Scams on a daily basis when I was working at PayPal as a Customer service rep.

They love using paypal accounts to do their scams.

rainbow
December 24th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Of course, its not about being stupid really. It's all about being greedy. Seriously greedy.

You hit the nail on the head with that comment. ;) :thumbs up